FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
I should be banned for bringing up another statistic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> General Ramblings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TargetDummy

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2002 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know that individual stats aren't a great idea, because it fosters selfish play, but I can't help being a competetive person. Don't get me wrong, I want my team to win, and I am very fulfilled when I know my actions have helped my team cap. At the same time, I'd like to be able to get MY name on the daily awards (just like all my heroes ).

So I check out the stats - Holy Cow! 340 kills with an SG? 120 infection kills? No way I could do that in the 1-2 hours I get to play at one sitting. I'd have to play all day...... Ah Ha!!

How long did it take for that person to get 340 SG kills? How many hours did he/she play?

Maybe we could have some kind of efficiency-based award for guys like me. Who has the most grenade kills in one map rotation? Or the most caps in an hour?

Then maybe I could see my name in lights, right up there next to the legends!
Blown

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2002 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What would be kinda cool taking from some other stats I've seen is kills per minute. That would equate more to the amount of time one spends playing.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
kazebari?

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2002 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pah. I got 500+ sg kills with a daily award once. No big deal.
hoaxie

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2002 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blown, I was going to suggest that and then I saw your post. But that would be cool if it were averaged.

LONG LIVE THE 'VILLE!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Lin Sivvi Defiant Hero

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2002 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All you need to do is play Dustbowl on TV3 all day
CyC0Dad

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2002 9:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Check out this link and see if you can find yourself. You will see it has frags averaged over time there. As long as your name is unique you should have no problem.

http://www.theclq.com/asp/find.asp

BitterBeerFace

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2002 8:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, for the first time ever, someone else has "bitterbeerface" in their name that I've seen... woohoo, I've got an imposter!

I'm disappointed that stats didn't show average ping... I'd really like to know what that actually is for me, maybe I can justify my bitching about it then
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> General Ramblings All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: