FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
TheVille servers going downhill?

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> Day of Defeat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Docano

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2005 2:48 pm    Post subject: TheVille servers going downhill? Reply with quote

Before I get a bunch of replies saying things like, "Stop complaining. It's a free service," I want to say I do appreciate the resources that are used to keep the The Ville web site and gaming server community alive.

What I was curious about is the general decline in quality I've seen of The Ville servers during the past 8 months or so. Servers frequently crash and are almost always spiking (going from 80 pings to 200+ pings) when full, approaching being unplayable. Are the servers overloaded? Do I just have horrible luck with playing there in that hte bad stuff only happens when I'm there?

TheVille servers used to be the absolute best pubs to play on. Now they're one of the ones I avoid. What happened?
powdermilkman
Diplomat

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2005 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WEll i appriecate your concern and i do believe that some of the server ops as well as the other co-owner of the place will respond in due time.

--the recent crashes have been due to Valve releasing patches and fixes over the past 3 months that have caused havoc with not only the ville servers but with many of the servers out there.
--some of the servers are piggy backing on corporate servers and thus is the reason why we get those for free. Depending on the times in which you play it is possible that it was peak times for that business.
--We have had a rash of new age hackers who have found ways to harm the servers...we believe we have caught these people so that problem should be solved.

don't lose faith in us yet we still have some things left up our sleeve so stick with us and i can assure you that you will not be disappointed.

Powdermilkman
co-owner of the ville
SilverOne
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2005 8:33 pm    Post subject: Re: TheVille servers going downhill? Reply with quote

Docano wrote:
Before I get a bunch of replies saying things like, "Stop complaining. It's a free service," I want to say I do appreciate the resources that are used to keep the The Ville web site and gaming server community alive.

What I was curious about is the general decline in quality I've seen of The Ville servers during the past 8 months or so. Servers frequently crash and are almost always spiking (going from 80 pings to 200+ pings) when full, approaching being unplayable. Are the servers overloaded? Do I just have horrible luck with playing there in that hte bad stuff only happens when I'm there?

TheVille servers used to be the absolute best pubs to play on. Now they're one of the ones I avoid. What happened?

I really believe you are just having bad luck. We always watch the servers performance. Each server.. tv1, 4 and 5 are on different networks and locations. Its very hard, even impossible for all 3 servers to give you problems. Especially at the same time.

What powder said is true. It has been especially challenging to operate these servers when Valve has basically stopped support of this product since source is around the corner. We have also had issues with modifications. Ever since HL2 was released the mod/plugin community has slowly died out as well. So finding support for this stuff is hard.

Please tell us your normal playing times and the server you usually play on. Also, have you traced your connection to the server too? Maybe you are having problems coming into where tv1 and 4 are in the Chicago area.. or tv5 in texas I believe.

"STOP FLAPPIN' THE YAP AND WATCH THE LANGUAGE" ~Blue Ruler
"Silver is Cheezylicious" ~MErf
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> Day of Defeat All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: