FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
HINT'S FOR PLAYERS WITH LOW FPS

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> Day of Defeat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Frosty1

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2005 6:14 pm    Post subject: HINT'S FOR PLAYERS WITH LOW FPS Reply with quote

I have learned from playing DOD for quite some time that LOW FPS is a very frustraiting problem to deal with. Some fixes are known to players whom have suffered through the same FPS lag that seems to kill you ingame. Some are well known. I will attempt to offer advise to those players who are still getting KILLED because of low FPS rates.

1. This link has some fixes for FPS problems http://www.dayofdefeat.net/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=37338
2.Console commands such as cl_particlefx 0(which removes wheather effects,muzzles flashes) also improves FPS. This LINK has other cosole commands that may HELP. http://www.planethalflife.com/half-life/guide/console/audvid.shtm
3.One of least known fixes is to turn off the mini map.(this may increase FPS by 20 frames a second).
4. Try turning your V-sync off in your gfx card properties.
5.Try adding this to your userconfig.cfg and type fps_max 100
6.I have a minimalist HUD which also improves FPS by a few FPS.
7.Uninstall any custom models.

I suggest downloading MAKO Scripts which will allow FPS TWEAKS INGAME
from http://www.geocities.com/teamaumakua/Mako.html

The effect one is looking for to improve FPS is as little on sceen motion as posssible.This will reduce the demand on your video card.

I hope that any suggestions I have made will help those with low FPS problems. IF not buy a BETTER PC.LOL
Stevo
Ville Supporter
Ville Supporter

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2005 6:31 pm    Post subject: Re: HINT'S FOR PLAYERS WITH LOW FPS Reply with quote

<eVa>Frosty1 wrote:
buy a BETTER PC.

That's one of the least understood tips.

The Official TVR Website

Fopp
Song of the Week
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Efren

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2005 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hey, frosty thanks for the tips, but i'm not really sure how can i check wat is my fps?
Anyone know how I can find out wat it is?
Gurrg

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2005 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

when in game, go to your console and type: net_graph 3

it will give you choke/loss, in/out, ms, and fps.

The Ville-Addict----BR Site \/
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> Day of Defeat All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: