FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
What In The Name!!!!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> General Ramblings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cadman

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2002 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Manage a laser photoplotting service bureau & do a great deal of Computer Aided Design, hence "Cad"man.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2002 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My name... The story is very long and complicated so I wont go into it now. All I can say is that people never forget it and I'm never confused with anyone else...
That's why I like it.
Turbo!

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2002 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Most people think that my names Jim and that Im in the army. But Im not.
It all started just before i discovred the 'Ville. My two friends were really into Return to Castle Wolfenstein, so they changed their s/n's for msn messenger to G.I. Ripper and G.I. Joe (I dont know why, it may just be a coincidence cuz theres no G.I.s in RTCW). So they had me change my name to G.I Radio Jim. Well after growing tired of my old TFC name, exorcist, I decided to use my s/n for messenger but make it make more sense. Hence G.I. Radio Man Jim. Then I felt kinda like a loser cuz it seemed like everyone but me was in a clan, so I made my own clan tag for my own personal clan. (If there really is a G.I. clan, someone please tell me and i will get rid of the clan tag) So my name finnally evolved into [G.I.]Radio Man Jim.

*Props to Mad-Hammer on the Sig*

R.I.P. Blue: Gone But Never Forgotten
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Teherdje

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2002 1:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The name is a village about 45 km from Timbuktu, in northern Mali. Mostly Moor and Tuareg nomad families who have decided to adopt a sedentary lifestyle. They are very motivated and quite active in participating in community development projects to create a health care system, schools, phone system (in the middle of the desert, ya gotta see it), and wheat & rice cultivation. They're fun to work with, so I took the name of their community.

[ This Message was edited by: Teherdje on 2002-02-17 01:09 ]
sharkbyte
Ville Supporter
Ville Supporter

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2002 8:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

When I first went 'on-line' with BBSs (I know this wasn't on-line), back in the '80s, the Sys-Op required screen names that had something to do with computers in them.

I chose Sharkbyte. It seemed pretty unique, at the time. And got a good response. So I have stuck with it.

It gives me a kick to go places and find people who are using my screen name. Plagiarism is the biggest form of flattery.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2002 8:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Joey Joe Joe Shabadoo is from The Simpsons. I can't remember the exact joke, but it involved Homer at Moe's bar.
Ohayo

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2002 8:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ohayo, from "Ohayo Gozaimasu" -- A morning or first-time-I-saw-you-today greeting in Japanese. As in, "Good morning. Allow me to blow you up with this rocket launcher so I may carry this flag unimpeded to yonder capture point."

The other two who play from my machine:
Cerebus: from Dave Sim's long-running comic about a troubled, greedy, clever, murderous aardvark. Sometimes appears as Cerebus EPB, for "Cerebus, Earth-pig born." http://www.cerebus.org/

Radiskull, from the addictive online animated series about a rapping killer skull and his sidekick, Devildoll. If you don't know about these, check 'em out. Seems like the kind of thing frag-lovers might enjoy. http://atomfilms.shockwave.com/af/animation/series/radiskull/

Thanks for the great thread!

[ This Message was edited by: Ohayo on 2002-02-17 11:23 ]
Major Tom

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2002 11:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, for those of you who really like music, the name should be self explanatory. When I first played F-22 Lightning 3 on the internet, I used Major Tom because in the song A Space Oddity by David Bowie, Major Tom is an astronaut and I guess astronaut and F-22 pilot go hand in hand. Right?

Well, eventually I thought "Hey, this Major Tom guy is pretty cool" and eventually he became my alter-ego, everything I'm not. I think of him as like a James Bond-ish guy who fights terrorists and saves the world biweekly.

I'm probably a nut. Now if you'll excuse me, there are some weird East Indian musicals on TV.
Thom Yorke Obliterator

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2002 11:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heh. You might be a Ville veteran if . . .

If you've explained your name in about half a dozen different threads, you might be a Ville veteran!

Anyway, my name comes from Thom Yorke, the freaky lead singer of British neo-psychedelic band Radiohead. One day I was playing TFC and there was a guy on the other team named Kid A who was being a total jerk. Kid A is a Radiohead album, so I assumed he was a fan and changed my name to Thom Yorke Obliterator and started taunting him. It drove him batty!

Anyway, it's a really distinctive and pleasantly absurd name, so I've kept it ever since. Most people abbreviate it TYO. (By the way, I really do like Radiohead.)
Kilaak Kommander

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2002 11:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

KILAAK KOMMANDER is kommander of Kilaaks!! Try too wrap puny hu-man brane around that!!!
Kjeldorian Royal Guard 42

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2002 12:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kjeldorian Royal Guard is a card from an RPG game called "Magic the Gathering". I dabbled in it for a while before I went to college. One day I was placing my old cards on e-bay and I saw that card.

"Noble in battle and Generous in death" -Motto the Kjeldorian Royal Guard

=US-V= Member/Event Coordinator - Retired
<eVa> Founding Father/Leadership/Webmaster - Retired
Ville Admin - Retired
OBTUSE OF KILAAK

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2002 12:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OBTUSE MEENS DELIBERATE! I SERV UNDR KILAAK KOMMANDER TO RID THIS PLANET OV THE SCURJ OV HEWMANS!
wax

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2002 1:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I started playing this game on my laptop at the record store I own. The store is called the wax museum. I would ignore customers to play with my shitty touchscreen mouse.
Bakuryu

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2002 1:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is probably the 12th time I've had to post my background here. My name comes from the video game Bloody Roar, but I went under this name before it was released. It's an old assassin's name that I started using back when I started playing DOOM (good lord it's been a while, I started gaming when I was about 6, i'm 16 now). I use it because it follows my style of play; often people will wonder where I am and presume I camp when I'm usually relaying info to my teammates and sneaking up on opponents and wiping out a few people (my record is a team of 11 and a SG as a spy, CIA eat your heart out).
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
hoaxie

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2002 2:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought obtuse meant "pointless, dull."

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> General Ramblings All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 3 of 6

Jump to: