FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
World of Warcraft
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> General Ramblings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
FragFailure

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2005 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

YourPowersAreWeakOldMan wrote:

Hey, here I am from the Bleeding Hollow (about in the middle of that line), most populated PvP server with over 30,000 players second only to SilverHand for most populated server...no I don't lag, I get a 50 ping usually...In that picture we were lining up in Orgrimmar to go attack Ironforge! Yes! And kill all those Alliance standing around playing WoW: Auction Hall Simulator

Me and my brother, Rata-Tat-Tat are Mortibund and Fogar there on Bleeding Hollow (Undead and Orc), and our Alliance are on DeathWing as Bazoozoo and BeergutMcGee (Dwarves with Guns of course)

Yes I think the $15 a month is worth it, The only negative thing about the game is that it is so popular and addictive sometimes you have to wait in qeue to get into a server at peak hours on the high capacity high population servers.......I suggest you go PvP anyway, it's much more fun.

And Alliance raiding Terran Mill, ppfftt. The Horde took Stormwind City and held it, killed all the NPCs and flagged players and the Alliance didn't even fight back.

You know I got that Horde character on Bleeding Hollow. I hate leveling though and waiting in queue. So it's gonna be awhile. The Alliance has been better at fighting back on Deathwing. I just had a great moment in the Hinterlands. I took out four mid 40's Horde trying to take on the elite there. I'm a 48 Dwarf Rogue. Like you Horde guys wouldn't do it. I'm really made to be a Horde rather than a AH loving Alliance.

- PWG member 2001
- TVB founder and leader 2001-2004
- The Ville's Vegas Bashes I-V
- T.V.L. (Ville TFC League)
- The Originator of the Off-Topic Posts
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
SilverOne
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2005 10:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FragFailure wrote:

Hey, here I am from the Bleeding Hollow (about in the middle of that line), most populated PvP server with over 30,000 players second only to SilverHand for most populated server...no I don't lag, I get a 50 ping usually...In that picture we were lining up in Orgrimmar to go attack Ironforge! Yes! And kill all those Alliance standing around playing WoW: Auction Hall Simulator

Me and my brother, Rata-Tat-Tat are Mortibund and Fogar there on Bleeding Hollow (Undead and Orc), and our Alliance are on DeathWing as Bazoozoo and BeergutMcGee (Dwarves with Guns of course)

Yes I think the $15 a month is worth it, The only negative thing about the game is that it is so popular and addictive sometimes you have to wait in qeue to get into a server at peak hours on the high capacity high population servers.......I suggest you go PvP anyway, it's much more fun.

And Alliance raiding Terran Mill, ppfftt. The Horde took Stormwind City and held it, killed all the NPCs and flagged players and the Alliance didn't even fight back.

You know I got that Horde character on Bleeding Hollow. I hate leveling though and waiting in queue. So it's gonna be awhile. The Alliance has been better at fighting back on Deathwing. I just had a great moment in the Hinterlands. I took out four mid 40's Horde trying to take on the elite there. I'm a 48 Dwarf Rogue. Like you Horde guys wouldn't do it. I'm really made to be a Horde rather than a AH loving Alliance.

Yeah we all started horde on the Archimonde server but the thing was down for weeks when the game was released. So, we started a few alliance over on Deathwing until Archimonde came back. Well after weeks of play none of us went back to horde. Just kinda happened. I was a Tauren Druid in beta and when the game came out.

I dont mind being alliance and I like being the underdog. Seems like alliance is the underdog on Deathwing for some reason. Thats ok to me when I hear stories like what Frag did above. Oh and horde doesnt = evil. Taurens arent evil.

"STOP FLAPPIN' THE YAP AND WATCH THE LANGUAGE" ~Blue Ruler
"Silver is Cheezylicious" ~MErf
YourPowersAreWeakOldMan

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2005 2:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mike wrote:
Cpt. Caveman wrote:
Cpt. Caveman wrote:
Ok it seems like alot of you are getting into this game so I have been contemplating on getting it. I have never played a online RPG, but I have played some things like Final Fantasy and Knight of the Old Republic. So I have some questions.

1. Is it really complicated?
2. Is the community good or are there alot of jerks?
3. Can you fight each other or only NPCs?
4. Is it hard when you are just starting out?
5. Is the monthly payment worth it?

I think thats it.

I guess nobody wants to answer my questions.
Anyway, I just thought of another one: What happens when you die in the game?

someone i know who plays it said u gota bring ur ghost to a grave yard to spaw.

and to answer #1, by looking at all those buttons on those screenies, i would say yes.

Not really complicated. The learning curve is a really good one...as for the buttons all on screen, I added all those buttons with a UI mod so I can have all my spells on screen to pick from all at once and bound them to keys so I can use them quickly in PvP fights..Though now Blizzard added more of them into the game itsself I don't even need the UI addons, that was screenshots from before when I had to use the mod to get it instead of now, it's built in since last patch.

The game is really Fun, part of the whole danger of being in contested lands is not only watching out for NPCs and Monsters, but Enemy Players who may be around too. But they have to watch out for you sometimes too, you can kill them if you feel like just as they could kill you.

Also there is always something to do in the game, with storylines and immersablility, the only problem is the game is too fun, it can be a timethief from easily losing track of time, and on some of the more popular servers, you have to wait in line on occasion at peak hours....

Though Frag on Bleeding Hollow the wait has been lessened or not at all, I think they might have upgraded servers, or people have moved to one of the lower pop servers with the new utility to convert characters to other servers. I've noticed the Alliance has been ranbunctuous on Bleeding Hollow the past couple days too, they actaully attacked me, I was so shocked polymorphed them and blinked away from the little agro warrior girl. Can't an undead just walk through the woods and kill quest NPCs without being hassled? Sheesh.

My complaints about it stem from: Sometimes I just want to always solo, and not have to team up for hard dungeons or just do it with 1 other person, and travelling....I hate to run across the freaking barrens or anywhere else for that matter...sometimes half my time playing is spent running from one place to another or flying on a critter..or running to fly..not as much now with teleport..but still, sometimes I wish they would just tell me "the quest is next door, go have at it"...My other complaint used to be UI, but that was until I got the Mods, and now blizzard listened and added it in themselves for us.

Mortibund getting ready to roam the ashenvale forests in search of tender elves to burn with my pal diablo
Mr.Holiday

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2005 2:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I play on Burning Blade, my name is Tronn and I am a lvl 60 shadow priest of the guild ANBU. If you are in a guild called Liberty I hate you and want you to die .
osiris

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2005 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I play on a RPG server called EarthenRing ive got serveral toons but atm im playin a 25shamn by the name of Lazzorise..
shockwave
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2005 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lt. Stephenson wrote:
I heard that Sajak Inc. killed Glittery (silverone's wife) a night or two ago in Darkshire.

I too have heard this rumor.

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2005 5:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm thinking of buying this, but the only problem is that I won't play in too much (just in the spare time I have, i.e. just a few hours a week), and I don't have much money. I have Warcraft III, but I've heard this game is completely different (it looks it). So, what should I buy? World of Warcraft, or the expansion pack for Warcraft 3? Or myabe I should just buy Half Life and get back to TFC
osiris

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2005 5:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow is alot less dedicated then say EQ, its more of a casual mmorpg, you level rather fast im a 50 and i only have a lil over 11 days total play time, that 11daysx24h in a day = 240hours of time to get to level 50 approxiamily depends on how much you quest / group for instances.. but to get to level 50 in EQ would take you months....n months..

Id definaly go with WOW because alot of villans play wow more then warcraft3 so youd be able to hangout with fellow villans, though were spread out on all differnt servers, Im on earthern ring, i think im the only villan on that server but theres a couple guys on another server i believe.
Mike

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2005 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OS wrote:
I'm thinking of buying this, but the only problem is that I won't play in too much (just in the spare time I have, i.e. just a few hours a week), and I don't have much money. I have Warcraft III, but I've heard this game is completely different (it looks it). So, what should I buy? World of Warcraft, or the expansion pack for Warcraft 3? Or myabe I should just buy Half Life and get back to TFC

if u dont have much money or time then i would get guild wars cuz there no monthly fee and the max level is 20 so its more about skill rather then time spent playing the game. then theres always TFC
FragFailure

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2005 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hit 60 with my rogue on Deathwing. Now I am bored...time for tfc

- PWG member 2001
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
YourPowersAreWeakOldMan

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2005 5:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fool, Frag! We've been waiting for you on Bleeding Hollow when you want to hang out. Bleeding Hollow, now #1 server with 20% more *Beef! Ganking's never been easier, or more fun and rewarding.

*Beef meaning alliance, All the merrier, it's a well known fact that 2 or 3 alliance equal the skill of one horde, so It's all fair I can keep them stunned or polymorphed and dictate the fight.

Come join us, You can even try other classes other than rogue

Anyone else want to join, better come to Horde side, or we'll have no qualm about killing you on sight. New battlefields coming out will have a Capture the Flag TFC setup as well as a Team Deathmatch setup.

Bonez

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2005 8:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Who all is on Bleeding Hollow? That's where i started, and have a 60 hunter, alliance of course. Who should i look for when i go ganking now? I want some names!
FragFailure

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2005 10:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fool, Frag! We've been waiting for you on Bleeding Hollow when you want to hang out. Bleeding Hollow, now #1 server with 20% more *Beef! Ganking's never been easier, or more fun and rewarding.

*Beef meaning alliance, All the merrier, it's a well known fact that 2 or 3 alliance equal the skill of one horde, so It's all fair I can keep them stunned or polymorphed and dictate the fight.

Come join us, You can even try other classes other than rogue

Anyone else want to join, better come to Horde side, or we'll have no qualm about killing you on sight. New battlefields coming out will have a Capture the Flag TFC setup as well as a Team Deathmatch setup.

I was thinking Warrior, Priest or Shammy. What do you guys think? I don't want to do another rogue seeing how easily they die in combat.

- PWG member 2001
FragFailure

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2005 10:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Or as the horde say when you get killed by them..."kek"

- PWG member 2001
YourPowersAreWeakOldMan

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2005 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shaman is a lot of fun, kind of like a Warrior who can cast instant cast direct damage spells quite fast. As well as heal and ressurect and get a travel form that hauls pretty fast and decent magic ranged damage attacks like chain lightning and the ability to carry a shield. As well as ressurecting others, you can use an Anhk to bring yourself back to life right then and there and then res all your friends...and you can teleport to Orgrimmar anytime you feel like it.

I really love warriors also, if it weren't for their sad skill trees and issues with rage generation and miss calculation I would have had one from the beginning. Every time I make one I get excited to wear the heavy armor and use any weapon, then I play for a while and remember how boring combat can be with them..Almost no interaction at all in PvE and lots of people PvP can keep you out of melee range and take you down pretty easily. On the bright side, you will always be in high demand for instances. On the negative, you might as well find a sidekick who's a priest because you're sure going to need it or you'll be spending a lot of time and effort on food and bandages.

Priest are different, kind of laid back gameplay and of course the ultimate support character. While not as necissary on the Horde side because 2 other classes can heal, and cause more damage ie Shamans and Druids, as well as cause more damage than a priest. Priests heal a lot better and a shadow priest can be pretty deadly in PVP. You can solo fairly easily as well as a priest with all your heals and protections and they do pretty good caster damage, and they have fear which is good vs alliance because they can't break it like Undead can, or people with the PVP insignia.

I've been trying to think of a new character for an alt to play with some of my lower level friends who are just joining, but I don't know which class I want either. I'm trying to decide on Warrior, Shaman, or Combat Tree Rogue.

Names on Bleeding Hollow are
YourPowersAreWeakOldMan = Mortibund <unguilded> -undead mage-
Rata-Tat-Tat = Fogar <Mirage> -orc shaman-

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> General Ramblings All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 7 of 8

Jump to: