FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
No CS?

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> General Ramblings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
l3eeron
Ville Supporter
Ville Supporter

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2005 10:40 pm    Post subject: No CS? Reply with quote

First off, I would like to say that I really don't play Counter Strike. But, I'm curious to know why TV doesn't have a CS server. I've been trying to play CS Source. I don't like it. There's no team play, the people that play CS are a different breed. Rude, and way too skilled lol. I swear, I'll pump 30 rounds into a guys chest, only to get plucked by a 9milly in the head in less than a nano second. Counter Strike on Xbox is even worse. My friend plays it all the time. His PC rots away performing useless tasks and endless chat programs at the command of his fiancee. What a tragedy. Anyway, I am so thankful that DoD is alive and well at TV. My huge thanks goes out to you guys in my membership fees. I know it's free, but I like to think we'll be around for alot longer because of us supporters. I can't wait for DoD Source to come out!!! WOOOOOHOOOOO!!!

eternalVillealliance
Simpleman
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2005 2:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CS is a nightmare for hacks and cheats and foul mouthed juviniles and adults. It would take a whole police force to watch the servers to keep them clean IMHO. That and the game is terrible IMHO as well .
X.O.Skeleton

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2005 4:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CS is cool on lans when ur totaly drunk but not for "serious" gaming
But some ppl still like it dunno why, maby they havnt tryed any other mods

"No gut, no glory"
Easy Target

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2005 4:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What I don't like about CS is that sometimes if you "take one for the team" at the start of a round to take a important position, you will have to wait and wait and sleep a little before you can jump in again.

Imagine if that was the same process in DOD: "Last Man Standing". I probably wouldn't like DOD as much as I like it now. I suppose that in a 30 minute map you can do up to 10 to 50 round and still have a big score. In CS, it's possible only if you camp or you are really good I guess.

If I really want to play CS, I will create a server with my own bot (available with CS:S by the way, if you didn't know), that way I don't have to wait too long.

And yeah, hope DOD:Source will be cool! Can't wait!

Last edited by Easy Target on Wed May 04, 2005 11:09 am; edited 1 time in total
.Bez

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2005 5:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I used to play CS all the time, the reason you were killing anyone Beeron is becasue about 99% of the shots do not reg. Also you HAVE HAVE HAVE to use at most a 3 shot burst with the m4 and AK (most ppl use those guns). I quit it because CS is skilled based if you think about it...It is mostly luck of the shot reg, also yes hackers aren't rare...I new 5 freinds that thought it would be "fun" to hack on CS....now i am laughing becasue they got banned by VAC...GG. I still go into my old clan server to say hi and such...the people were cool and I used to spend hours in the server just chilling with the people. More of like a online "party" then game play...oh and I played CAL IM for CS...WHAT the stereo types are wrong? Someone can not be a D!C# head and be decent? well that is if you don't consider me one...
rANCOR hUNTER

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2005 12:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CS Source is so awesome! I'm hooked until DOD Source.

PS that's why I havent been on DoD in so long. If TV got CS Source servers I'd be there all day cuz it's hard to find a descent server.

Last edited by rANCOR hUNTER on Wed May 04, 2005 12:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
[NoClan]Lunt

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2005 12:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

there are a few great canadian servers for cs:s
420canmore
AGSN.ca (out of calgary)
V- Edmonton

these are policed fairly well by admins and very little shiite talked in any (so far).......and worse case scenario is you can mute the pee-ons if you want.....
Mike

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2005 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

my friends form school who play showed me this server that isnt that bad and its actually enjoyable becuse most of the people there are not idiots.

www.elitenoobs.com
Speaker's Xeno

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2005 1:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i still play but i have moved to source cause i like the engine and the deaths(funny watching a guy get blown up and then fall 2 levels) but once dod:s comes out i dont think i will play cs again for a long time, although i have moved back to ns

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Stevo
Ville Supporter
Ville Supporter

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2005 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CS is not a very fun game IMO. There's too much camping and luck involved. Plus having to sit and wait half the time...

The Official TVR Website

Fopp
Song of the Week
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
CarbinE

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2005 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I used to be a hardcore CS guy and from my experience its a bunch of hormonic teens and accusations of cheats everytime you get 2 kills in a row

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2005 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I find that as long as you have the 'votekick' or 'voteban' it works very well.

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2005 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CarbinE wrote:
I used to be a hardcore CS guy and from my experience its a bunch of hormonic teens and accusations of cheats everytime you get 2 kills in a row

Yup, that is the big reason it is not here. DOD is similiar but no where near how bad CS is. It is a fun mod it has just been ruined by a big portion of the players that play that mod.

God Bless You Blue Ruler
leov7

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2005 12:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

First, I bought the CD for CS then later on I spent my whole time with DOD. I don't like CS anymore cuz the graphic in DOD is lot better and alot of people in CS are really really good (maybe they cheat or so). Anyways, I think Im having lot more fun with DOD and it's better game than CS
rANCOR hUNTER

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2005 12:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's what I always thought until i played CS Source for a few weeks. Now it's awesome!
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> General Ramblings All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: