FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
World War II memorial...

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> General Ramblings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
shovelnose
Ville Supporter
Ville Supporter

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2005 7:13 pm    Post subject: World War II memorial... Reply with quote

I visited Washington DC a couple weeks back and took some pics of the World War II memorial.

Each star represents 100 soldiers killed

"Here we mark the price of freedom"

Eisenhowers address to the troops before D-DAY

a picture of a soldier and his last telegraph home before he died at the battle of the buldge.

"We are hearing the war is almost over. I cannot wait to see you. I love you."

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2005 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nice. I'd really like to visit our nations capital sometime and view all of the monuments
Rebel_Rouser
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2005 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nice pics shovel, it is a sight to see isn't it? You were not far from me when ya visited. I had made a thread on the WWII memorial as well, here is mine> http://www.theville.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=19101&highlight=

To bad you did not get to see it when all the water was running. I believe the pics I have shows some of the water, cause there is alot

Longest Running Show in Broadway History 1/9/06
KopiKat

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2005 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I visited it back in march, it was quite nice. I really enjoyed it, made me feel proud to be an American.

-KK

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2005 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice. I'd love to see that memorial as well as all of the battle fields in europe...

Some of my friends got to go over there and visit every major battle site from both WWI and WWII. I'm told that it was very emotional and impacting.
shockwave
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2005 11:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Potato-VS- wrote:
Very nice. I'd love to see that memorial as well as all of the battle fields in europe...

Some of my friends got to go over there and visit every major battle site from both WWI and WWII. I'm told that it was very emotional and impacting.

When visiting the Britney coast of France, it seems amazing that we were able to accomplish D-Day at all. Even the ruins of all those bunkers and fortresses are still impressive.
Ville Supporter
Ville Supporter

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2005 7:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great pictures of what must truly be a great sight. I'd love to go see it, but I've not been to that area in a long long time.

It reminds of something that really struck me The Netherlands....I had rather gotten used to being chided from certain groups (the French) for being American, but the people in the Netherlands (even people my age...29 now) would come up to me and ask me to thank my grandparents for their efforts in WWII...for liberating them from Nazi rule.

It really struck a chord with me.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> General Ramblings All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: