FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Ava Blast
Goto page 1, 2  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> Day of Defeat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Easy Target

PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2005 5:11 pm    Post subject: Ava Blast Reply with quote

wOOt! It finally work! I'm sure this isn't new for all of you but anyway, it's so funny to do it!

Ok, here a little trick to do in Avalanche if you are a Axis.

Pass the last flag and lean again the right wall and run through the Allied appartements. You gonna get hit for sure by the mg protecting the Allied spawn but if you are quick enough and have enough hp, you will pass.

This is so much fun, especially if the Allied player don't know the trick because they will think you hack or something. So hide in a good spot or go shovel the sniper in both window near the 4th flag (warning, they may gonna be piss off!).

You can try it all by yourself by starting a map on your own comp or try the window trick also (I think Ten Yard or Clone Rizzo as posted something on this).

REMEMBER: I know this ain't (probably) new! Have a blast (Ava Blast)!
Ville Supporter
Ville Supporter

PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2005 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is that even legal?

The Official TVR Website

Fopp
Song of the Week
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
shovelnose
Ville Supporter
Ville Supporter

PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2005 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i guess if you didnt shoot at anyone while you were running to the allied apartments it wouldnt be cheating....thats still a little questionable though.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2005 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah i believe map exploits are not allowed here. i wouldnt suggest doing it on a ville server.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2005 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yea...not allowed...

*hits easy target on the nose lightly*
bad easytarget...bad!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Easy Target

PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2005 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[HALO]Master_Chief wrote:
yeah i believe map exploits are not allowed here. i wouldnt suggest doing it on a ville server.

Shame on me I will never do it again, I promise... anyway I only have done it one time and only got 2 or 3 kills from that point. It's pretty tough getting there anyway!

PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2005 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yea I can rarely get to the last flag. What are the chances of me getting that far?

PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2005 11:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well it was like back in the day not only getting to the last Flag in Caen, but being able to get past it and into the spawn without being seen, then camping w/o Machine Gun technology. GOOD TIMES.

Spoiled Milk, the other white meat.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
vTEC
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2005 3:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

is exploiting the map..and a bannable offense
Bull
Ville Supporter
Ville Supporter

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2005 5:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

vTEC wrote:

What's the diff if you just come across the arch and get into the allied bldg that way? I've seen several do it. After all, your not sitting over respawn and picking everyone off as they come out. Your just hiding right next to flag 4 and 5, just like the allies do near axis respawn.
and WalMart Security

"Get-r-Done"
Bright Red Nipples

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2005 5:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bull wrote:
vTEC wrote:

What's the diff if you just come across the arch and get into the allied bldg that way? I've seen several do it. After all, your not sitting over respawn and picking everyone off as they come out.

What you just described is a well known exploit which would make that a bannable offense as well. That one has been around for a while. The second thing you described is camping a respawn exit, also not allowed and a bannable offense

God Bless You Blue Ruler
Bull
Ville Supporter
Ville Supporter

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2005 6:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bright Red Nipples wrote:
Bull wrote:
vTEC wrote:

What's the diff if you just come across the arch and get into the allied bldg that way? I've seen several do it. After all, your not sitting over respawn and picking everyone off as they come out.

What you just described is a well known exploit which would make that a bannable offense as well. That one has been around for a while. The second thing you described is camping a respawn exit, also not allowed and a bannable offense

I understand all of that. My question is: What's the diff if the allies can either cross from the church arch or go in thru the stairwell and into the axis apartmnts, back-trak near axis respawn, and cap flag 4 and 5?

I'm not arguing for it, I'm just saying if one's not fair, then neither should be the other.
and WalMart Security

"Get-r-Done"
vTEC
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2005 10:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bull wrote:
Bull wrote:
vTEC wrote:

I understand all of that. My question is: What's the diff if the allies can either cross from the church arch or go in thru the stairwell and into the axis apartmnts, back-trak near axis respawn, and cap flag 4 and 5?

I'm not arguing for it, I'm just saying if one's not fair, then neither should be the other.

theres a big difference...the map is made not for axis to cross over the allie ramp into the spawn area..thats why those auto machine guns are there to kill you...about allies crossing over to axis apts...thats how the map was made..axis are allowed to cross over to the church also...axis are allowed to get into allie apts...but allies cant go into the spawn area...see the difference?
Bull
Ville Supporter
Ville Supporter

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2005 12:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vTEC wrote:
Bull wrote:
Bull wrote:
vTEC wrote:

theres a big difference...the map is made not for axis to cross over the allie ramp into the spawn area..thats why those auto machine guns are there to kill you...about allies crossing over to axis apts...thats how the map was made..axis are allowed to cross over to the church also...axis are allowed to get into allie apts...but allies cant go into the spawn area...see the difference?

No, not really. Once the allies cross over the hump from their spawn, they are in effect out of the spawn area. the building across the street (the one the the allied snipers usually snipe from) overlooks allied flag 1 and 2. The same for the axis, once they leave their spawn area and go over the humps, they are, in effect, out of their spawn area, in a building where the axis snipers snipe from, which the allies also have FULL access to and can circle BEHIND axis flag 1 and 2. So, my point is, if the allies can get RIGHT next to axis spawn and cap flag 1, why couldn't the axis do the same with ALLIED flag 1 and 2? The church and the building (that I call the allied apartments) are really no-man's land, where either can cross thru.

What I understand u to say, is it's ok for the allies to sneak up on the axis snipers, but it's not ok for the axis to sneak up on the allied snipers.

Humm...
and WalMart Security

"Get-r-Done"
[HALO]MasterChief

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2005 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well the allies are already have a huge disadvantage being down at the bottom of that hill. yesterday i couldnt for the life of me get passed the first flag without getting naded, or hacked by rebel. so basically its already a pain for the allies to get out. having axis guys running all around outside our spawn area wouldnt make things any easier.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> Day of Defeat All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: