FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Halo PC Help

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> Tech Corner
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rANCOR hUNTER

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2005 3:16 pm    Post subject: Halo PC Help Reply with quote

Well I finally got around to installing Halo PC on my new compy and it runs like POOP! My specs are:

AMD Athlon XP 3200+
512MB some kind of ram
nVidia GeForce FX 5500 265 MB

Any help?

PS It didn't run on old compy.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2005 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

its probably using up all of your ram. from what i remember, it is known for doing that. it is probably just the way the game is designed if you can run hl2 fine. make shure you close any other programs before playing.
Simpleman
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2005 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you are running XP you want to atleast get another 512 stick of ram as XP is a memory hog
rANCOR hUNTER

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2005 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great just what this poor boy needs, more RAM. Oi! Thanks guys I'll go for it . All the HaloPC forums were just, "Halo2 PC?" or like 6800 this x800 that. BAH!

PS Bungie here's to you #Fist

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2005 9:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My System spec's are as follows

1.8Ghz
256Ram
Diamond Multimedia ATI Radeon 128mb 9200/S80 SE

HALO runs perfect, check your video card manafacture's website to see if their is a known issue with your card and HALO. If its not that then hit ctrl+alt+del and look through your proccess tree to see if there's any un-nessary programs sucking up ram.
Another thing I highly suggest is downloading a free registry cleaner and deleting any obsolete key's in your registry, tweaknow regcleaner is a extreamly good program for doing this , then defrag your hard drive(s)
You will notice a speed increase of about 10 to 15% afterwards.
Stevo
Ville Supporter
Ville Supporter

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2005 12:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I heard that the audio in Halo caused a lot of lag. It did the same for me when I tried it. It wasn't made for PC...

The Official TVR Website

Fopp
Song of the Week
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
rANCOR hUNTER

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2005 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the tips Pr0phecy_X. Halo runs perfect at 640x480 for me. What's your res?

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2005 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I tryed running HALO on my 64mb Geforce 2 440MXX to no prevail, I can run it at 800x600 on the 128mb card.
rANCOR hUNTER

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2005 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Still runs like crap. Oh well I can live without Halo. I think the world was better off without.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2005 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can play with my 6600 GT on high now w00t Looks better than the XBox version.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> Tech Corner All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: