FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Norton Firewall 2004

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> Tech Corner
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rANCOR hUNTER

PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2005 12:37 pm    Post subject: Norton Firewall 2004 Reply with quote

With my computer came the Norton Anti-virus stuff and the firewall too. When I started to play CS:S I accidently presseb for it to block access to the port that CS needed to access The Internet and now it won't load the server list. I have had the fiewall turned off but I'd like to keep it on, but I cant seem to find out how to get CS:S back its access to The Internet. Any idea's?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Mike

PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2005 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

go into the firewall options and unblock the port?

if its the windows firewall and nto the norton one, go into control pannel>windowns firewall>exceptions tab> add program
if its not in add program, see if its unchecked in the list and if it is, check it.
merf
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2005 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Open the app>>click on firewall then configure>>look for a tab that says programs>>click on it and on the bottom of that screen there should be a list of programs>>scroll until you find CS>>change the option to permit. Or something like that

PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2005 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay Okay I got it lol. It was in the exceptions list but you still had to set it to Permit all instead of its default Block all. oi #alien Thanks Guys
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> Tech Corner All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: