FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Shameless plug for a fun map

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> General Ramblings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Snaggletooth

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2002 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vidars, A huge 2fort style map with all kinds of fun things to do. It has a ton of passageways and corridors with narrow catwalks to get to the top of the buildings. It's a bit disorienting at first, but the map is an absolute blast to play on.
Powerdroid

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2002 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I second that! Great fun, and really cool level graphics!

PondScum007

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2002 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bases2k1 is a great map i used to play q3f on all the time..i hadrly see any servers with it but its big, and needs lots of people.. BASES2k1!

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2002 10:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here are some fun maps that break the standard 'capture the flag' mold:

Dusk: Similar to Avanti, except that instead of capping flags, attackers must det a bridge, run a train into a wall, and then cap the flag.

Tanis: Similar to cz2. Each team has to race to bring their flags to 5 command points around the map. It is set in a WWII looking town, and I think it was origonly intended for DoD. Lots of fun.. more fun that cz2 ever was.

Turin: A keep away map using the Avanti texture set. The attackers must take the flag from the defenders and then try not to let the flag carrier get killed. Both teams recieve updates on flag location

hitNrun: One team must det the enemy generator, then take the enemy flag across the map to the waiting helicopter. I don't think teams switch on this one.

Creek: Sort of like Dusk. Attackers must first det a generator, then they have to take a key to a rocket launcher, which restarts the round and the teams switch.

Both Tanis and Dusk are in rotation at the The Hood (166.82.168.105:27015). Those two, in addtion to Creek, were made by the same guy who did Cornfield and Osaka: "Zouave". This guy is obviously an awesome map maker, and I reccomend just about any of his maps

[ This Message was edited by: cstone on 2002-02-10 22:48 ]
OBTUSE OF KILAAK

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2002 11:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Magic

THIS MAP IZ HYOOJ! FIT FOR MANEE KILAAKS! YOO MUST DOWNLOWD! MAP IZ ON THU GRUJ SERVR! YOO MUST VOAT IT IN! SHOOD B IN REGYOOLR ROTASHUN! KILAAKS NJOY THIS MAP!
OmegaSiN

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2002 1:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm downloading all of those maps at the moment

Well, I already have Amgic, and it is a great map, so I guess KILLAKS (??) do have good taste after all.

-Omega SiN
Snaggletooth

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2002 11:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vidars People, Vidars! It rules!
Vulcan

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2002 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We should have a bases style map like off of the original TF from quake. It was a great map when I used to play it. I haven't been able to find it yet. I know it should be out there somewhere. This map should at least given a shot. It is a cap the flag style of maps.

OSU Snipe Shocker

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2002 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have always wanted to play Vidars, but I can never find a server running it.

you know what TV4.1 needs, custom maps. if you could vote for custom maps, that would be awesome. If nothing more than just exploring them, it would be neato.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Snaggletooth

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2002 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

::shudder:: Girl Power runs Vidars in their rotation. Maybe we could have 6 be a custom map server?
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> General Ramblings All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: