FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
new exploit to watch out for?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> Day of Defeat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kubrick

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2004 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cmon wrote:
I for one have played sniper much more than in previous versions of dod. I have become comfortable in many cases with centering the screen without scoping, however it seems like the accuracy is similar to the kar in that you don't get the accurate shot until a split second after you have stopped moving. It is hard to just run around no-scoping, but when you have a bunch of guys bearing down on you, you might just start slipping into side-step kar mode. I find myself doing that often when I assault-snipe...that is, continually try to advance. The thing that I have never looked into that I see a lot of players do is the fast weapons switching. I realize you can flip to a weapon and back again to avoid the activating of the next shell animation sequence, but are there other benefits to this? I take pride in the fact that I can still wail on people without any scripting. Now if I can just scrape together enough funds for a 9800!

If you switch to pistol while sniping, you a) have your pistol ready to fire and b) it doens't scope back in automatically. I do it to have my pistol handy after each shot when I'm using a kar or sniper rifle. There isn't any scripting involved, just set hud_fastswitch to 1 and I bind my mouse thumb button to lastinv.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Paddyjack

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2004 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[Focus]Lunt wrote:
were you the one who kicked me yesterday? and then when I came back in you left....hmmmmm...french conspiracy....has the ville stooped so low as to make you an admin man times are tough........

Me? lol no, though if I were one, I would auto-kick you for no reason at all

Rock2..... JUST SAY NO!!!!!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Grunty

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2004 10:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think you can get a script so that when you hold down your mouse button the rifle scopes in, and then when you let go of the button you shoot and immediatley unscope, so that you can quick aim and shoot in one slightly longer than average click. Could that be it?
Shovel me Silly

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2004 10:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grunty wrote:
I think you can get a script so that when you hold down your mouse button the rifle scopes in, and then when you let go of the button you shoot and immediatley unscope, so that you can quick aim and shoot in one slightly longer than average click. Could that be it?

I don't think so. Sniper rifles have built in inaccuracy when no-scope. The further away, you are the less likely you are to hit someone even if you have them center screen.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
[NoClan]Lunt

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2004 10:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Paddyjack wrote:
[Focus]Lunt wrote:
were you the one who kicked me yesterday? and then when I came back in you left....hmmmmm...french conspiracy....has the ville stooped so low as to make you an admin man times are tough........

I was kicked for no reason...i was killed once then from spawn kaboom....
Shovel me Silly

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2004 12:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[Focus]Lunt wrote:
Paddyjack wrote:
[Focus]Lunt wrote:

I was kicked for no reason...i was killed once then from spawn kaboom....

Admins here never kick for no reason. I've been admin slayed a few times, and everytime I knew I deserved it because I was being a jerk.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Ranger<3

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2004 12:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It happened to me...not sure how i did it but i did it. It has to di with switching to your pistol real quick. Not very useful if you ask me...
EvilGenius
Ville Supporter
Ville Supporter

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2004 9:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Scoping a pistol is easy... and the laggier, the easier. To my experience though (I spent about an hour playing with it on an empty server) it didn't GREATLY increase the accuracy of the pistol. Yes, you could move at full speed and see everything zoomed in but the spread on the pistol was still ridiculous. For example, shooting from the Allies snipe corner on Avalanche at the double windows, I would still take about 2 shots to just take out each of the shutters. Sure, it's better than an un-scoped pistol, but it's not perfect.

I've also recently observed some real fast "snap-shot" snipers as well. While the person who said you can't fire faster than the reload animation is an admin I respect, my personal experience says that may not be the case. In a similiar manner, I think the issue here might be that these people have found an exploit (intentionally or not) to remove the fade-in period on scoping, and are shooting faster because of this.

I've also experienced situations where I will fire the last round in a clip on the Springfield and try and re-scope, not realizing it needs to reload. It will however go to the scoped view while I reload. I moved at unscoped speed, and (I think) I can fire at least one shot without going back to slow movement. I recognize this is a bug though, so I either jump or right-click (scope) immediately to return to normal view or normal slow-speed. I'd doubt they're doing that though, as running around in scoped mode is not very fun. I'd be curious to know if anyone has ever spec'ed someone they thought was doing this and seen them avoid jumping when maybe it made sense. That would be a tip off to me that they've found a similar way to get & remain scoped while still moving quickly.

Oh, and if an admin deletes this post that's cool... I tried not to be too specific, but I may have. Sorry! Just don't want the Ville to be overrun by snap-shot snipers. I'd never play on anything but IV!!!

John Doe wrote:
Normally I lock spam threads...but this one is still one page....I may check on it later......

You have to be a supporter to get it.
PilzberryFroBoy

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2004 10:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

EvilGenius wrote:
I've also experienced situations where I will fire the last round in a clip on the Springfield and try and re-scope, not realizing it needs to reload. It will however go to the scoped view while I reload. I moved at unscoped speed, and (I think) I can fire at least one shot without going back to slow movement.

I've had that happen with the scoped kar also, but I've been able to fire more than one shot... but you're right, it sucks because it still has the delay for reload animation... only I can't SEE the animation so I don't know when it's ok to shoot again. I usually end up dead after about the 3rd or 4th shot because of the limited sight view.
vIkToRy

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2004 6:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, well this is XRayCat(for some reason i can't sign in under my normal name so im usin this one) and i used to snipe all the time. i don't snipe as much anymore, but i got so good i could no scope from like 40 ft and hit at least 7 outta 10 times and was banned from many servers for quote "aimboting, no one can have that good of aim" so i binded the "OoOoOoO Son, You Like That No Scope?" just to piss em off. well it is very easy to no scope if u just imagine the x-hair in the middle. i play wit the k98 a lot so i kno where it is so that when after i do reload after firing 5 shots, i can immediatly shoot someone easily before my x-hair comes up. pistol switchin helps a whole bunch when sniping. it quicking gets u outta scope and u have a back up weapon to fire in case anyone is close to u. i use pistol switch on the spring, scoped k98, normal k98, and the enfield becuz my pistol is my fav weapon. well my 2 cents, im out peace
kazebari?

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2004 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Post-it no-scoped sniper is still without a doubt the most fun class to play.

Even if it is a bit more frustrating nowadays, with the increased inaccuracy unscoped.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> Day of Defeat All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: