FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
DOWN WITH CASBAH!
Goto page 1, 2  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> General Ramblings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Winter Warlock

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2002 11:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i say that, due to popular demand(which is evident most every time this map comes up) that cabah be removed from all TV servers and be replaced with something thats more fun like Rock2 which is never played anymore, but i think is a great map. Post what you think should be the replacement or if you think casbah should be removed or not, maybe we can petition casbah away!

thewz

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2002 12:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Casbah is one-sided.

You might as well pit a prez against a whole team of sollies.
Tommy.Chong

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2002 12:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I used to hate casbah,but its got a pattern to it so after you get used to it then its an easy map to play on.I can play a damn good engie on there and got almost a hundred EMP kills one day there.Rock2 is a tough map but would add a mix to things

I guess its all up to rob?
hoaxie

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2002 12:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ever wonder why you can connect so easily to a Ville when that map is up? 'Cause everyone leaves. Okay, maybe not everyone, but some people do. Okay, I do.

I dislike it. It is way to big, especially if there ate only about 10 people in there.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Snaggletooth

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2002 12:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blue team is at a serious disadvantage on Casbah, but Rock2 is a joke. That map gets worse than Casbah does. One team can be completely dominated with no chance of coming back once the gassing begins. Maybe replace Casbah with some other map that gives each team equal chance of winning the round. There seems to be a lack of those out there in TFC land.
JollyRoger

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2002 1:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Casbah is one of the few Unbalanced Maps that is also a Capture the flag map. Most are totally symetrical on both sides, and. Well. That one isn't. The... i think blue team usually gets hammered. (The one with the smaller field.) At least from what i've seen.

I... Can't say i don't like the map, but, the results are usually set from the get go, so... I'm sure there are some better maps that could be there.

Never played Rock2, that i remember, so i couldn't say much. Kinda Miss Canal Zone2 though, that one i liked.

Which ever, i'll support the choice, either way.

The ladies man,
JollyRoger.
Twisted29

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2002 1:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whoa whoa...I think you're all jumping on the perverbial bandwagon here. I think Casbah is a wonderful map. I'm sick of symmetry in everything. This map has a least a spark of creativity.

And for it being one-sided. Its not. Any team can dominate in any map. It depends solely on the players, no other factors. I've seen both red and blue dominate on Casbah. The only problem I have with the map is that its quite simple ot trap a non-skilled team in their respawn. Happend to both blue and red alike. A little too frequently if you ask me.

Before the mpa cam into rotation here, I used to leave the ville, log on the BR server, and play Casbah there. I suppose I could always do that if it left as well, but I think its a good addition to the rotation here.

Oh, and Rock2? Bah!
BitterBeerFace

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2002 1:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My 36 Lire worth: Casbah isn't good, cz2 isn't good, and rock2 is ok... Get rid of Casbah and cz2, add more crossover2, badlands, and leave rock2 in a rotation or two.

If I was god of the servers (someday... oooh, someday... muwahahhahaha) I'd have avanti, 2fort, well, crossover2, badlands, warpath, osaka, turkeyburgers, and acropolis2 on most servers... tayconc, shortbus, etc mixed in for fun
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Jacoughski

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2002 1:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm in total agreement with Twisted. I used to play Casbah all of the time, and if you're good enough, it doesn't matter what color team you're on. I've seen both teams be do well before. Rock2 is also in my opinion, one of the crappiest maps ever made. Now that's a map that would make me leave any server.

Winter Warlock

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2002 8:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

well no, its not fair at all. and its the red team thats at a disadvantage, blue always dominates on that map, almost no matter what. and crossover 2 is a horrid map, i hate it 10x worse than i hate casbah. but, in casbah its so unfair for red because

1.) there is an ENEMY sniper deck that overlooks their respawn exit
2.) there is a path that goes right into the middle of their base and leads to extremely easy accessability for the blue team
3.) blue actually has an open space to get out of their base, unlike red who has crates blocking it making it a death trap.

all in all, the map is wayy too one sided. maybe if someone modified it and put it back in rotation it'd be alot more fun

as for canal zone 2, i'm all for that. i love that map, one of the original and most fun.

ROOFCUTTER
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2002 9:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Casbah is a blast win or loose it is fun attacking or defending.
I like trying to control the top deck by the bag just before the bridge. then getting over to the overlook windows and getting the sg's that are there.

More Casbah in my dream group of custom and stock maps rotation.
FragFailure

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2002 10:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shareef don't like it
Rock The Casbah
Rock The Casbah

- PWG member 2001
- TVB founder and leader 2001-2004
- The Ville's Vegas Bashes I-V
- T.V.L. (Ville TFC League)
- The Originator of the Off-Topic Posts
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Twisted29

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2002 10:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Frag's two cents has just depreciated.
Ktulu

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2002 10:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Clash.... Good one Frag

When I was younger I swore I heard them sing it like this:

F*ck The Casbah
F*ck The Casbah

OSU Snipe Shocker

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2002 11:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am jumping on the bandwagon wholeheartedly on this one. I dislike Casbah, not hate, dislike. I would much rather have Osaka on more servers. I know that map is defense heavy, but you CAN take the castle, and you CAN play a good, well matched game. The only qualm I have with Osaka is the timed thing, and no resetting, but I don't know that there is anything that can be done about it.

On another note, I think Rock2 has o my LEAST favorite map EVER. I just dislike that map entirely.

Finally, I think if Osaka isn't added, I would like to see Badlands, I have become quite a fan of that one as well. (as you can tell if you missed one of my earlier threads, I am a big fan of TV4 )

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> General Ramblings All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: