FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
DOD too laggy to play

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> Tech Corner
View previous topic :: View next topic  
l3eeron
Ville Supporter
Ville Supporter

PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2004 12:26 am    Post subject: DOD too laggy to play Reply with quote

OK guys I need help again. The last time I played HL WON was still being used. Thanx to gurrg, i got online. Now, Every server I try (I tried like 30 different servers) I get a ping of 500+. I have cable, 1.6ghz, 768 ram, and 64 mb ram vid card I should be able to freakin play DOD! RIght?!?! I've tried about 20 servers and all of them are too laggy. Is there an other new step to get a good connection to a server that Im missing? or is it just dumb luck that I'm getting bad connections? any suggestions? I know it's kind of a vague question
Simpleman
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2004 12:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Make sure your network settings in Steam are set to cable and not 56k

right click steam then settings then internet and see what you are set at Steam likes to set it to default which is 56k. Hope this helps
DJ George
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2004 12:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Steam autoconfigures to your internet connection. The problem is that after a update it has a habit of changing the settings to that of a dailup user. So go into your settings and see what it has set as your connection
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
kooone

PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2004 1:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeahhh i knoowww..too slow for me to play too!!
Stevo
Ville Supporter
Ville Supporter

PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2004 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Steam likes to annoy you with things like that...

The Official TVR Website

Fopp
Song of the Week
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Bright Red Nipples

PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2004 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another thing might be your cl_rate and/or cl_updaterate. There is a thread already discussing making adjustments to those as well.

God Bless You Blue Ruler
Stevo
Ville Supporter
Ville Supporter

PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2004 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah they are preset by the internet type though. So changing it from 56k will change all those. You can go further by tweaking those settings a little until it feels right.

The Official TVR Website

Fopp
Song of the Week
Paddyjack

PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2004 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bright Red Nipples wrote:
Another thing might be your cl_rate and/or cl_updaterate. There is a thread already discussing making adjustments to those as well.

yes, cl_rate helped me a lot to solve that problem. Make sure it is at least 7000.

Rock2..... JUST SAY NO!!!!!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> Tech Corner All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: