FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
OscarToss! - Fun with the Havok 2 engine :^)

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> General Ramblings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ten

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2004 12:34 pm    Post subject: OscarToss! - Fun with the Havok 2 engine :^) Reply with quote

Last night I was a'playin' Deus Ex 2. I just about killed myself laughing at this one point... using my Level 2 Strength mod and the Havok 2 physics engine to its fullest potential. I recorded my spectacular exploits and made a video of it, it's awesome and you should download it. :^) Try watching on full screen.

11 MB video There's one really bad word in it.
i-sux/r1pp3r

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2004 2:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

uhh...wtf just happen??? I'm sooooo lost

u just picked up a hobo and threw him into a trash can?? i guess if i played the game i might understand...lol..i heard that game kicks butt though... what happen to DoD never seen u on anymore.
Stevo
Ville Supporter
Ville Supporter

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2004 9:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah I wasn't sure what was going on either.

The Official TVR Website

Fopp
Song of the Week
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Violent Pacifist

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2004 11:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

oooooooooookay.

We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams.
Ten

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2004 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hrm. Well, I killed a whole bunch of guys and was throwing them into a dumpster.

That is a little weird. But entertaining. I just found the realistic body physics of the Havok 2 engine to kinda intriguing. .

Actually, no. I'm not weird, I just read a thread in a Deus Ex 2 forum about how long everyone threw unconscious bodies around apartments and night clubs when they first started playing it. I'm in the safe zone.
Paradise Lost

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2004 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I luv you TenYard. But only in a weird - sorta not
really luving you way.

Funny stuf.

Spoiled Milk, the other white meat.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Ten

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2004 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i-sux/r1pp3r wrote:
uhh...wtf just happen??? I'm sooooo lost

u just picked up a hobo and threw him into a trash can?? i guess if i played the game i might understand...lol..i heard that game kicks butt though... what happen to DoD never seen u on anymore.

You really should try it out, it's something totally unlike traditional FPS or adventure-ish games. It's very, very non-linear. You make decisions all the time, those decisions basically lay out the rest of the game for you depending on what you've chosen.

For example - I accept a hit contract to off this lawyer who's alledgedly setting up this club owner's arms dealer. I don't know the whole story but I do it anyway. Because of this I can get into this VIP room (where every bribe-shoving authority figure has been denied) and find out some stuff that feds want to know, but I'm also now known as a scary murdering bastard who might kill you even if you pose no threat, and my actions can be used as leverage or blackmail by certain inclined people that I meet.

In this VIP room that I've gotten access to, I find out that the club is really just a front with tons of security because it's actually an arms dealer hub. I meet this weird looking guy fully covered with a full length suit. He wants me to get this tissue sample from a particular corpse in the basement of a night club (of all places) in order to "improve the Omar's (his "kind", which I don't know anything about) adaptability to the environment. Poor bastard, of course. For all I know that guy's been living in that suit his whole life because he'll die if sunlight or germs touch him or something.

So I make my way to the basement, sneak up and bonk a couple of bouncers with my baton and get this sample. He gives me huge discounts on weapon mods, a few free things and I have a fence on the black market. And I basically have his entire kind's loyalty to help me out throughout the game.

An hour later one of his full-suited guys thanks me and says that his kind can now survive extreme radiation, heat, cold, atmospheric acidity... which leads me assume they're up to something bad. The first guy insinuated that it was for their adaptability to our environment, not an altered environment where humans couldn't survive. So now comes the choice. The FBI-type agency wants me to rat out who's running the gun-racket and such (which I now know is the Omar since I was granted access to that room). If I do, I'll get a fat reward and gain their loyalty, but the Omar guys may or may not be hunting my ass down forever and I can't get my hands on black market stuff. So the game's all about conscience and compromise, and figuring out as much as you possibly can before making any decisions. You should try it out. I picked it up for like $20 bucks.
i-sux/r1pp3r

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2004 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

uhhhh... I'm just going to nod my head up and down showing that i "understand" the crap u were saying....
Blown

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2004 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

errrrr.....quit drinking.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Ten

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2004 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Um. I'm talking about the game Deus Ex: Invisible War. I was just giving an example of what to expect and why you should give it a shot.

This is like bizarro Ville or something.
Stevo
Ville Supporter
Ville Supporter

PostPosted: Sat Jul 24, 2004 12:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

But it's not Half-Life though.

The Official TVR Website

Fopp
Song of the Week
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> General Ramblings All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: