FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Hey, Lets hear it for sectionalism.
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> General Ramblings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
[HALO]Pvt_Jenkins

Location: I'm From the Closest Place to Heaven on Earth...that being:-- Charles County, MD

PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2004 9:37 pm    Post subject: Hey, Lets hear it for sectionalism. Reply with quote

I don't know-we don't see to much of sectionalism nowadays, seems like everyone is running out of local pride. Setionalism has got its bad rap as being divisive, the cause and the Civil War and all that, but I say it ain't all that bad.

(I have no knowledge of Social Psychology so I'm just guessing)

I think that everyone wants to be in a group, and the smaller and more "select" the group...the more special you feel. Having some local pride gives a person some identification with a group. I don't feel that this identification lessens the amount we identify with a larger group, (say the United States as a whole). I'm pretty sure folks in the military will agree, ya'll have got rivalries among platoons, companies, divisions, and services--but you know its all one division, one Army, and that you're all fighting on the same team. I say it can be the same here...having some local pride doesn't lessen you're patriotism as a whole.

Anyway, here's some of my sectional pride. I come from the closest place there is to heaven on earth...that of course is Charles County, MD. I've been lots of places and still haven't found anywhere particularly better. Maybe I'll widen the location of heaven on earth to include Southern Maryland in general. That is, Charles, Calvert, and St. Mary's, and ok--southern Prince Georges too...but only the southern part. (please have lots of folks from Maryland who will have a clue here). Anyway, for the past 2 weeks, I've been umpiring little league baseball tournaments and have had teams from the area I've just mentioned. We have a lot of diversity here, its great-you should visit-I'll steam you some crabs.
Southern Maryland is so cool we even have our own accent...to include the Southern Maryland Eoh...Geoh Q-Gers!

Well anyway, lets hear some of your sectional pride.

(This is called General Ramblings)

(He tells me to post...so I post.....)
[HALO]cpt._Keyes

PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2004 10:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wtf?!?!?!where didthis comefrom???? HUH??? what?!?! did yougethit with toomany paintballs last week? loookwhat youdid to him chief and rebel rouser!! you loser hick southern maryland inbred....wait damn it if ur my brother...i am one too....NOOOOO...now...goto bed...
p.s. ARGH stupid sticking spacebar!!!!! argh mycomputer ispissing me off
Stevo
Ville Supporter
Ville Supporter

PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2004 10:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Havn't seen you in a while. Now I'm not sure what to say about your post though.

The Official TVR Website

Fopp
Song of the Week
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
FragFailure

PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2004 1:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vegas has almost no one born here. You can't have Vegas pride unless a slot machine is involved.

- PWG member 2001
- TVB founder and leader 2001-2004
- The Ville's Vegas Bashes I-V
- T.V.L. (Ville TFC League)
- The Originator of the Off-Topic Posts
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
[HALO]Pvt_Jenkins

Location: I'm From the Closest Place to Heaven on Earth...that being:-- Charles County, MD

PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2004 10:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Now I'm not sure what to say about your post though.

I dunno, something like--"I'm from Texas, yeehaw."
The Nanite
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2004 10:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Note to Keyes, buy a new keyboard.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2004 10:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm from Texas, and we're not freaking cowboys. We don't all own horses. We don't all have a strong southern accent. We don't all live on ranches and listen to country.

I say yall because it sounds better than "you all".

I highly dislike any kind of vacation advertisements that display Texas as the stereotypical cowboy paradise.

Hi.

We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams.
The Nanite
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2004 10:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

VP's right we all know Oklahoma is the cowboy paradise.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2004 11:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nanite wrote:
...buy me a new laptop then...thats what i use
The Nanite
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2004 11:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[HALO]cpt._Keyes wrote:
Nanite wrote:
...buy me a new laptop then...thats what i use

Pfffttt...plug an external keyboard into it silly. Sheesh, don't make me get Chiefy over there to fix it.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2004 11:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Violent Pacifist wrote:
I'm from Texas, and we're not freaking cowboys. We don't all own horses. We don't all have a strong southern accent. We don't all live on ranches and listen to country.

I say yall because it sounds better than "you all".

I highly dislike any kind of vacation advertisements that display Texas as the stereotypical cowboy paradise.

Hi.

YAR!! I HATE STEREOTYPES OF TEXAS!! >:O i had a person in New York ask me 'do you guys have oil wells in your backyards??' i was like ARRRGGHHH Stupid KID!!! you do believe EVERYTHING you hear??? ive never even ridden a horse or worn one of those stupid cowboy hats.' i think anyone who wears a cowboy hat and boots with jeans should be shot. just how i feel about Texas and its damn stereotypes.
Mike

PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2004 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Violent Pacifist wrote:
I say yall because it sounds better than "you all"

but then then theres the ploral of you and thats "you"
[HALO]cpt._Keyes

PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2004 12:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well us SMIB's do have our own accent and a we are the sterotypical souther marylander we hunt...boat...eat crabs 24/7 talk in a southern maryland accent and eat southern maryland stuffed ham all day Dictionary of southern marylandspeak Warshington DC = Washington DC, Rut = Root of a tree, Rowt =Route 66 Route 301 US Route 1 etc., Ew/eoh = the letter "O" ex. my school masscot "Gew Cewgers!!!" = Go Cougers and we all have native american in us..except me and my familywho immigrated from ny. Me and my brothers are native tosouthern maryland though.
The Nanite
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2004 12:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PM me for the definition of SMIB. Only someone that lives/has lived there probably knows what that means or even gets it.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2004 12:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i'm so glad i'm not from here

i'm not from anywhere really
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> General Ramblings All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: