FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
**DoD Video**

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> Day of Defeat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mr.E

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2004 8:59 pm    Post subject: **DoD Video** Reply with quote

Hey everyone,

After a little discussion, some long evenings, and sleepless nights, I bring to you a new video to watch.

It's just the usual ownage video, but it's special to those involved. And at the same time, it gives people some entertainment. And hey, maybe you might learn something from it, like...

Johnny Demo plays too much,
or...
Goodbar needs to attend AA meetings,
or...
I'm an idiot.

That being said, I release this video but not without some warnings:

1: There is some language involved in the songs that may be offensive, it's nothing you've never heard before, but some people might not want their young son or daughter on their lap for the first viewing, after that, it's your job to decide who should hear it.

2: This video like all other DoD video's will make you want to play DoD. So if you're in the office, maybe you should save it until you get home.

Thanks to all involved you know who you are.

Here's the link:

http://www.clanpubs.net/pafiledb/pafiledb.php?action=file&id=36

Let me know what you guys think.
E
[HALO]MasterChief

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2004 11:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pretty good video
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2004 12:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[HALO]Master_Chief wrote:
pretty good video

i agree..but it was kinda hard to see..kinda blurry for me..or maybe its just im blind
DaKon
Ville Supporter
Ville Supporter

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2004 1:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Damn hot ass video and looks sweet full screen.

DK
Mr.E

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2004 8:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well thanks for the replies guys. I know it's not this amazing ownage video full of things you've never seen before. But it was just a fun experiment for us to try. So we didn't work to long and hard at trying to get the best L337 Hax0rz footage possible.

Simply put, it was a fun thing to try, and I'm not forcing anyone to dl it. I appreciate watching what other people make and I hope you guys do the same.

I post like this due to a little flaming our video recieved (note: flaming was recieved in another place far away from The Ville. The blurry comment is understandable, if I were smarter I could figure the dumb thing out and make it look better, and I am looking for solutions on fixing said problem). (other note: I appreciate constructive criticism, if you were to tell me it was the most amazing thing in the world, and it actually sucked... well I might just make another video of equal suckiness).

Apparently some people think that the footage was poor, and that since they had gig upon gig of videos on their computer, they knew what a real DoD movie should look like. Furthermore, since this person has been "playing for longer than any of us" they felt it was their right to say they were not impressed by the video.

Which makes me often wonder... Why is it that when someone is involved in something, they find they have to try to pull the seniority card? Why not enjoy what your fellow players have managed to accomplish. Instead of saying, I'm in DoD and you're in DoD, yet I've been here longer so I'm better then you for loyalty purposes. Why not say, I'm in DoD and you're in DoD, good job with what you did man. (Notice the equality through interest)

It reminds me of when the Calgary Flames were making the playoff run this year, and there was all kinds of Flames Fans alike rooting for their home team, then you get some piece of trash mouthing his own fanmates because they are bandwagon fans and he's been a fan since the 89 cup win. What is he trying to accomplish? Does he want to be the only fan in the world so he can sit in an empty arena with a thumb up his a$$ watching hockey that nobody else wants to see, because they aren't "original" flames fans? Do people need that kind of security these days? That they actually have to feel like they need to prove to themselves that they are the biggest fans or the best players due to seniority and that they have to go around mouthing people just so we all know that we have to "phear" them because they've been there before I had my man hood drop into place?

I think my next video will be dedicated to the arsehole out there who has a problem with people enjoying themselves. The type of guy who has no appreciation for accomplishment, only envy turned anger.

But I don't want to go on a rant or nothing... keep posted, I will update you further.

E
Ten

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2004 11:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah, I've been looking forward to this one. I'll DL it overnight and post me thoughts.

That's really quite retarded that someone ripped on you for your vid, I wouldn't look into it so much. There's this kid at dod.net that talks huge about ownz0rinsging everyone/how terrible others are and being connected with the CAL-I players... but it turns out that he does make a whole lotta attempts to talk to CAL-I folk and can't consistently break 1:1 in a pub. What I mean is, people can talk like they know what they're talking about but that doesn't necessarily mean a damn thing. They probably still suck at the very thing they're taking about as well as life in general.
kubrick

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2004 12:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You didn't post it at gotfrag.com did you? Those guys would flame their own mothers.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
cobra
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2004 9:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

very nice job, only a bit sad it's so blurry
Mr.E

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2004 10:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Johnny Demo put it up at Gamefaqs.com, they're just a bunch of useless dudes who don't have an opinion in real life, and don't belong to any community due to lack of testicular fortitude.

And yes, it did turn out a bit blurry. I used Adobe Premiere 6.0 and was wondering another program someone would use. I must say it is a lot more clear then my very first ever 2 years ago.

P.S. The footage is kinda weak, we just wanted to get it going.

E
Mr.E

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2004 1:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One thing I wanted to point out in case a couple of you guys missed it, and Johnny would cry if you did. Watch the video at 1:29 during the Johnny Demo portion, and notice how he kills two guys when he comes over that hill. The first one shot to the head the second, a routine clip emptying.

E
i-sux/r1pp3r

PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2004 3:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i'M downloading it now...I'll post my thoughts on it when I'm done.
Stevo
Ville Supporter
Ville Supporter

PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2004 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are some people you just have to ignore. If they don't have anything constructive to say then they don't have to say it and you don't have to listen. I'm downloading it now and will tell you what I think about it.

Edit: I thought it was good. No complaints from me.

The Official TVR Website

Fopp
Song of the Week
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
BAzly

PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2004 12:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ten Yard wrote:
Ah, I've been looking forward to this one. I'll DL it overnight and post me thoughts.

That's really quite retarded that someone ripped on you for your vid, I wouldn't look into it so much. There's this kid at dod.net that talks huge about ownz0rinsging everyone/how terrible others are and being connected with the CAL-I players... but it turns out that he does make a whole lotta attempts to talk to CAL-I folk and can't consistently break 1:1 in a pub. What I mean is, people can talk like they know what they're talking about but that doesn't necessarily mean a damn thing. They probably still suck at the very thing they're taking about as well as life in general.

Hahahaha... is that lonewolf? Because I can't stand him.

Just do whatever vids you want. The people here will watch and enjoy them. I'm away from my high speed at the moment so I can watch all the vids here (haven't checked this forum in a while, been busy). If you saw my first two they were blurry and just clips put together, but were a little amusing none the less.

By the way the rumours of lonewolf are true, I've never seen him break 1:1 in a pub. All he does is call people "scrubs" and "noobs" etc and gets on the nuts of every cal-m+ player he can find. Strangely enough he was in the first clan I ever joined and that was the 501 PIR.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2004 3:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cobra wrote:
very nice job, only a bit sad it's so blurry

ditto
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> Day of Defeat All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: