FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Memory inquiry

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> General Ramblings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Darkath

PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2004 8:00 pm    Post subject: Memory inquiry Reply with quote

So I'm almost done buying all the parts for my new computer, and I have only the processor, memory and motherboard left. I'm already pretty set on the motherboard and processor I am getting, but which memory to get is another question.

Here are the two I am considering:

http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc.asp?description=20-145-524
http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc.asp?description=20-145-489

One is a pair of PC3200's and the other is a pair of PC4400's. Which is better? The slower PC3200 with a very good CAS latency(2-2-2-5), or the faster PC4400 with an okay CAS latency(3-4-4-8 )?

^^^ Clicky
Rebel_Rouser
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2004 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would go with the 2nd one it is always nice to have a lil more speed

Longest Running Show in Broadway History 1/9/06
Bright Red Nipples

PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2004 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does your MB support both types?? Also, availability a little later down the road. Which one is going to be easier to get. I would probably go with the memory that will be easier to get later on. That way if you want to add more later on it will be easier - and cheaper - to get. Personally I don't think you will see that huge of a difference between the 2.

God Bless You Blue Ruler
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> General Ramblings All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: