FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Warped Tour

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> General Ramblings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Turbo!

PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2004 4:55 pm    Post subject: Warped Tour Reply with quote

Well I just got back from Warped Tour at the Gorge Amphitheater. All I have to say is, if you love or just mildly like punk music, GO! GO NOW! I must say it was one of the coolest things Ive ever done.

I saw Bad Religion, Anti-Flag, Flogging Molly, Taking Back Sunday, New Found Glory, Thursday, NOFX, The Vandals, Monty's Fan Club, My Chemical Romance, Story of the Year, The Alkaline Trio, Yellow Card (go their autographs), Bouncing Souls, Coheed & Cambria, and various other bands that I cant think of right now.

This was the best $40 Ive ever spent. I strongly suggest checking this tour out. Once you go you'll realize why its been around for ten years.

*Props to Mad-Hammer on the Sig*

R.I.P. Blue: Gone But Never Forgotten
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Mike

PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2004 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i think im goin i donno my freind got a bunch of tickets and said hed give me one

im more in to metal but i still like some punk i think he said atreyu will b there and there like an emo/metal mix
Bonez

PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2004 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's cool, i had some friends go up at the Gorge too, i wanted to go really bad. The only people i knew going up were two couples and i didn't want to be the 5th wheel so i decided not to go, sounds like it was a blast though.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2004 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mike wrote:
i think im goin i donno my freind got a bunch of tickets and said hed give me one

im more in to metal but i still like some punk i think he said atreyu will b there and there like an emo/metal mix

youd probably like some of the hardcore bands there. Bands like My chemical Romance, The Casualties (I missed them), and Anti-Flag. The bands can change from venue to venue though.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
JtH

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2004 12:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ive gone every year for the past 4. as a frequent concert goer i would have to say warped tour has one of the best line ups.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2004 12:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like Coheed & Cambria and Bad Religion.

- PWG member 2001
- TVB founder and leader 2001-2004
- The Ville's Vegas Bashes I-V
- T.V.L. (Ville TFC League)
- The Originator of the Off-Topic Posts
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Turbo!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2004 12:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FragFailure wrote:
I like Coheed & Cambria and Bad Religion.

I got like 5 feet from stage for Bad Religion. That was probably one of the craziest crowds Ive ever been in. They put on a hell of a show.

kubrick

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2004 1:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think any concert at the gorge ampitheater would be good. That place kicks a$$!

Especially when there are 60,000+ people camping in the same area...crazy stuff.

The views are great, and there are tons of interesting people to talk to. Most are drunk or high or whatever, but all in all pretty chill.

I was there a couple of years ago for a Dave Matthews Concert. Very fun.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
FragFailure

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2004 2:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Strongbad wrote:

Dave Matthews just released a live 2 CD/DVD from the Gorge.

From AMG's site

" The Gorge, recorded over three nights in 2002, is easily Matthews' finest officially released live outing, even if you can get the entire run in a six-disc set for a very reasonable price through the band's website."

Maybe you can get the concert you were at on cd.

credit goes to http://www.allmusic.com

- PWG member 2001
- TVB founder and leader 2001-2004
- The Ville's Vegas Bashes I-V
- T.V.L. (Ville TFC League)
- The Originator of the Off-Topic Posts
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
GellyRoll

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2004 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WOOOOOOOOOOT!!! I got tickets for that 3 months ago. im very excited to see it. they come here on the 17th. next week. Im glade to know it was really good. wooot now im really excited.
kubrick

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2004 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FragFailure wrote:
Strongbad wrote:

Dave Matthews just released a live 2 CD/DVD from the Gorge.

From AMG's site

" The Gorge, recorded over three nights in 2002, is easily Matthews' finest officially released live outing, even if you can get the entire run in a six-disc set for a very reasonable price through the band's website."

Maybe you can get the concert you were at on cd.

credit goes to http://www.allmusic.com

hehe. I might be on that DVD. I'll have to get it just to see. I had to sign a release from some footage they shot. It also might be good, because I don't remember everything that happened #Beer
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
GellyRoll

PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2004 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i bumped this up just to say that i went to the warped tour yesterday and it was a blast. I almost got killed in theyellowcard crowd, but my mom and the paremedics got me out of there. I got a longer autograph from yellowcard ( violinist/siner sean) because of it. My mom told them about it and he feel bad so i got a special thanks. i alot got Taking back sunday and NFG (new foud Glory) autographs. I just dont get how people can be so excited to almost kill someone. My mom and i anyways and we arnt big bough people. I heard some people get smashed to death so i was really scared for my life, but i survived. That bugs the crap out of me they are people just like us and put there pants on one leg at a time god! anyways it was still fun after that.
Vash

PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2004 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That sounds awesome, I went to Summerfest in Milkwakee, and saw Blink182, I got their managers cell phone number, not to mention the concert was awesome
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
GellyRoll

PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2004 12:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yea i just saw blink 182 in concert 2 months ago. they were really good. That was my first concert too that one was really fun!
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> General Ramblings All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: