FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Keyboard R.I.P.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> F-A-Q
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Thom Yorke Obliterator

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2002 7:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Today my beloved wireless keyboard passed on to keyboard heaven. I spilled a glass of Jamaican ginger beer on it last night, and that eventually proved to be too much. It hung in for a few hours and made a valiant last stand - its last game was a blistering 120-point round of Avanti.

But enough of the babbling. I'm picking up a new keyboard after work tonight. Any suggestions for a good keyboard? They aren't all created equal, you know. It doesn't have to be another wireless.

ROOFCUTTER
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2002 8:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Thom, Sorry to hear about your keyboard. They do get to be our 2nd best friends

I have a MICRO innovations KB-7903.
It has the offset keypads. Very comfortable for me.
The manufacture is very nice it was out of warrenty for a few weeks and the delete key started malfunctioning. He gave me an RMA anyway and now I have a brand new one.
It is little clicky-clacky but I like it that way.
Hamese
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2002 9:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would suggest a 102 key English Keyboard. It has worked well for me and the good part about it is I can understand it.

*Steps back and primes Mirv to prepare for Thom's SG*
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Snaggletooth

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2002 10:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've got a Belkin Ergo-Board. It's comfy and also comes in Black. The keys are pretty quiet and it even comes with an PS2 to AT adapter.
OSU Snipe Shocker

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2002 11:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bah, I got myself a nice Logitech internet keyboard (the low model, only 3 internet buttons and it is corded) and it was only 12 bucks at Best Buy. I like it quite a bit because I have a thing about my keys, they have to feel right .

Also, a heads up, when cleaning your keyboard, don't try to remove your space bar unless you know what you are doing. Thats the reason I had to buy one in the first place. I popped my spacebar off, and snapped off a little plastic bit...

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Kjeldorian Royal Guard 42

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2002 11:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jamaican beer eh? Red Stripe is good stuff! I spilled a bottle of Budweiser into my keyboard and it recovered! Goes to show how watered down American beer is!

=US-V= Member/Event Coordinator - Retired
<eVa> Founding Father/Leadership/Webmaster - Retired
Ville Admin - Retired
Twisted29

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2002 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Damn..it's always hard to watch a good keyboard go. Just think of all the kills you logged on that thing.

I just upgraded to the logitech wireless keyboard. It's called the 'Cordless Freedom' and has tons of little features i haven't figured out yet. It came packaged with a matching wireless optical mouse, and I'm sure if its sold as a stand alone device. At any rate, i've had great luck with past logitech products, take a look if your interested.

http://www.logitech.com/cf/products/keyboards.cfm

Thom Yorke Obliterator

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2002 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Twisted, you are a mind reader. The keyboard that died was a Logitech wireless iTouch with the matching mouse. Good stuff. I'm going to try to clean it out, and use a generic loaner for the time being. (Twisted also firmly believes that I should be an admin. The man is a genius.)

KRG, it was actually ginger beer that did the dirty deed. It's a traditional ginger ale, with a heavy spice taste. Nothing like the watered down ginger ale we are used to. It's non-alcoholic, but it has a MAJOR kick. Pick up a bottle of the cheap Goya brand stuff, and hold on for dear life.

YourPowersAreWeakOldMan

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2002 1:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Get a regular black IBM quitekey keyboard, no fancy bells or whistles, just...keyboard.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> F-A-Q All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: