FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Need hlp with vids

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> Day of Defeat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
fixthegarand

PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2004 3:36 pm    Post subject: Need hlp with vids Reply with quote

So I compiled my footage, and I'm trying to add audio. When I compile my video without audio, it comes out fine. When I add the audio to it, it drops and skips frames all over the place. I am using video mach, divx and lame mp3 audio. What am I doing wrong here.
kubrick

PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2004 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you have the disk space, I would render it without any compression first. I always seem to have problems when I try to render video,transitions,music and compress with divx at the same time.

So I usually render uncompressed first, then I just compress that output with divx.

I don't know much about videomach, I would download vegas video as it's a bit more user friendly than adobe premiere, however, there are a lot of premiere books out there and no vegas video books(that I can find).
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
fixthegarand

PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2004 11:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interestingly enough I just tried viewing it in the DivX player and it's perfectly fine. The problems only seem to exist in other media players. So maybe I can release this now and simply tell people to view it in their DivX player. of course I need webspace, which I'm going to be registering for soon. It's about 3 minutes long and is 43 MB. Quality is pretty good, a little blotchy in some of the darker/far away areas but you should be able to see what I am shooting at.
fixthegarand

PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2004 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok I got free hosting from a guy on the dod forums (thanks to mr e for the tip) so now im just waiting for the link. And for some reason now after I install divx 5.2 it plays fine in winamp. You guys will like this. So many fluke shots
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> Day of Defeat All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: