FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
How far would you go?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> Day of Defeat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Johnny Demo

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2004 11:36 am    Post subject: How far would you go? Reply with quote

Hi guys! I'm on my vacation so I'm just sitting around watching my money fly out of my pocket..... (I was in a car accident repairs are $2500)

Anyway I came up with a scenario and I wanted to see what some of your answers would be. Here we go....

You have been playing on the Ville servers for a while, you go on a massive tear one night racking up ridiculous scores. A few admins happen to be around when this happens and decide to ban you. My question is How far would you go to prove your innocent?

My answer: I would actually pay for plane tickets for 3 admins to fly them to Calgary Alberta Canada. Just so they could see my computer and watch me play.

*for admins use the same question above but change the server if you have a favorite "other" place to go.

Just a fun question to ponder if you love the ville servers as much as I do anyway
vTEC
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2004 12:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i r teh HAXOR! but i have Admin IMMUNITY!
Spotty
Ville Supporter
Ville Supporter

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2004 1:24 pm    Post subject: crazy Reply with quote

johnny demo thats crazy but so is ur playng skills ive seen you rack up the points but you seem legit unlike some other people around here....but i wouldnt go that far
mabye a phone call pleading them...a plane tiicket for one is like 300 dollars actually i dont know but id buy one seat (if i had 300) and have one admin sit on the others lap so two culd come 8) lol
Ville Supporter
Ville Supporter

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2004 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I would go as far as the complaint department at http://www.theville.org/complaints

The Official TVR Website

Fopp
Song of the Week
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
kubrick

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2004 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know about other severs, but I can say that bans for cheating happen very rarely around here.

Spotty, you should know what you are looking for before you accuse someone of cheating. If you think someone is hacking on one of our server, do not accuse them. Record a demo and post a complaint in the complaint department.

Just cause someone is pwning yer azz, does not mean they are cheating.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Bright Red Nipples

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2004 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Strongbad wrote:
If you think someone is hacking on one of our server, do not accuse them. Record a demo and post a complaint in the complaint department.

We have seen enough cheats, exploits, etc., to pretty much tell who is legit and who isn't.

To answer the original question though, I have never really been good enough to be suspected of cheating by any admins on any servers so I had never really given it any though. Cheating takes away from the fun of the game. I have done it with console games when I was much younger but not on my comp/online.

God Bless You Blue Ruler
Spotty
Ville Supporter
Ville Supporter

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2004 5:44 pm    Post subject: ya Reply with quote

strongbad i guess your right but what do u mean record a demo, its just when someone randomly hits me through like 2 walls or whatever i get suspicuious......if they are wall hacking or aimboting can you tell by spectacting them???? I want to learn.! lol :hb:
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2004 7:40 pm    Post subject: Re: ya Reply with quote

[XT]Spotty wrote:
strongbad i guess your right but what do u mean record a demo, its just when someone randomly hits me through like 2 walls or whatever i get suspicuious......if they are wall hacking or aimboting can you tell by spectacting them???? I want to learn.! lol

if you get suspicuious of someone hacking..like strong bad said instead of calling them a hacker go into spectators and spectate him. record a demo while you are watching him..one of your demos could show signs that he is hacking..or he's just good..yea you can tell if they are hacking but some are just hard to tell
Ten

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2004 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Only hackers can shoot through walls. Report them at once!

I would post like 20 demos of good games and make a five minute video of getting my ankles blown off by dark corner proners.
ROOFCUTTER
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2004 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

just send me the money for the ticket, Ill take care of everything, until then your screwed....
[HALO]MasterChief

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2004 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah the complaint department is about as far as i could go. but i am not good enough to be accused of hacking.
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2004 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That sucks as this admin is only in Edmonton.

Tell ya what, fly me down, put me in the nicest hotel in town, send me off to the Calgary Stampede for a few days and I will forget the whole thing

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2004 9:42 pm    Post subject: Re: ya Reply with quote

[XT]Spotty wrote:
strongbad i guess your right but what do u mean record a demo, its just when someone randomly hits me through like 2 walls or whatever i get suspicuious......if they are wall hacking or aimboting can you tell by spectacting them???? I want to learn.! lol

For one thing, a wall hack means that the walls are transparent so you can see through them, not shoot through them. I know of no hack that let's you shoot through walls(Not saying it isn't possible, but would have to be a map hack methinks).

In dod, many, many walls can be shot through. Some weapons work better than others. The kar, sniper and garand are great wall shooters, the best is the mg42.

To record a demo of a suspected cheater, join spectators, mouse click until you get to the player in question. open your console with the ~ key and type: record <your demo name> , then press ~ again to close the console.
For example: record sbhacks

when you have gathered enough evidence, pull down the console again and type stop.

Your demo will be in c:\program files\steam\steam apps\day of defeat\dod\

it will end with a .dem extension.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
fixthegarand

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2004 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

90% of wallhack accusations are bogus anyway. That guy randomly staring at the wall that just shot you through it as you ran by is as likely as to have been listening closely to the sound of footsteps as he was hacking. I myself have only seen one hacker in DoD and he was pretty obvious. The guy had an aimbot, which was made obvious by the fact for his ability to fire the instant a target came into sight, he couldn't aim downwards to hit this guy that was proning right at his feet, even after having looked in that direction for about 5 seconds.
_-=Did It Hurt=-_
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2004 11:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you have a surround sound card you can hear the direction pretty good.
The last update has increased the shoot through walls by 10% for some weapons.

Never call someone a cheat or hacker and be sure to post in the complaint dept the time server and IP info so we can pull the logs.

If you were banned for hacking then there is a demo of it and it has been reviewed. But you can send me the tickets anyway and all will be well.

j/k

Respect your fellow players

Cool Sig by KRG. Thx

The Proud, the Few, US-V or The Ville Supporters (V$)!!
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> Day of Defeat All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: