FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Spiderman
Goto page 1, 2  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> General Ramblings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Smegma
Ville Supporter
Ville Supporter

PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2004 7:30 pm    Post subject: Spiderman Reply with quote

Brought in alot of money this holiday weekend. Did anybody see it. Was it any good??

RIP- BlueRuler
vTEC
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2004 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i saw it..it was pretty good
Gamepro65

PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2004 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

it was pritty good, i havnt seen the 1st one in forever, so i forgot some things. but its pritty good.

Mike

PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2004 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i just saw it. its like everyone else said, pretty good
Mulder

PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2004 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I went and saw it saturday, liked it more than the first one
i-sux/r1pp3r

PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2004 9:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

saw the mid-night showing of it, and i saw spiderman 1 in the long line since my friends and I brough a laptop along with us to watch the dvd, so we can remeber everything that happen, and yes it was good. does anyone know how much money it took in? so far?
DJ George
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2004 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought it was really good. I heard it set the record for money brought in on the first day or something like that
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
KopiKat

PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2004 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It will be better than Spiderman 1 because Doctor Octo is actually scary, where as the Green Goblin is just stupid.

-KK
Ville Supporter
Ville Supporter

PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2004 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

brought in around 180 million in 7 day stretch.this explains it all..

by Gitesh Pandya

THIS WEEKEND Sony provided the fireworks over the Fourth of July holiday weekend with the record launch of the super hero sequel Spider-Man 2 which took in more business than the rest of the top ten films combined over the Friday-to-Monday extended frame. The Sam Raimi-directed hit grossed an estimated $115.8M over the four-day period and a staggering $180.1M since its Wednesday launch setting a new opening week record in just six days. The previous record was set last summer by The Matrix Reloaded which took in $158.2M by the end of its seventh day of release.

Starring Tobey Maguire, Kirsten Dunst, and Alfred Molina, the PG-13 smash was helped by its ultrawide bow in 4,152 theaters making it the second-widest opening is history right behind Shrek 2's 4,163-playdate bow in May. Spider-Man 2 collected $88.3M over the Friday-to-Sunday portion of the weekend for a muscular three-day average of $21,267 and a potent four-day average of $27,890. The daily journey began with a record $40.5M opening on Wednesday, and continued with a 41% dip to $23.8M on Thursday, a 37% bounce back to $32.5M on Friday, a 4% uptick to $33.8M on Saturday, a 35% drop to $22M on the Sunday holiday, and an estimated 25% jump on Monday's observed holiday to $27.5M.

With the first Spider-Man becoming an instant megablockbuster in 2002, it was expected that a gigantic audience was ready to turn out for the arrival of the newest Spidey story. The earlier opening on Wednesday coupled with the long Independence Day holiday weekend allowed the business to be spread across a six-day period. Reviews were glowing for the $200M-budgeted actioner and while there were a number of other successful titles in the marketplace, competing studios had already decided to stay away by not opening any major tentpole pictures in late June or over the holiday session.

Due to Spider-Man 2's mid-week release before a holiday weekend, its rankings in various box office categories vary. In addition to its record for the biggest opening week, the film also posted one of the two biggest opening days ever sitting aside the Matrix sequel which grossed $42.5M with $5M coming from night-before previews which started earlier than Spider-Man 2's did. The Friday-to-Sunday portion ranks seventh all-time behind the first Spider-Man, Shrek 2, The Matrix Reloaded, and the three Harry Potter films. Opening mid-week always diverts upfront demand from the weekend period thereby diluting down the Friday-to-Sunday figures making direct comparisons between these hits difficult.

The Spidey sequel's five-day opening tally of $152.6M ranks first among megahits opening on Wednesdays easily beating out the old record of $129M set by Shrek 2. And the Friday-to-Monday tally is the best ever for any movie opening over a four-day holiday weekend. Spider-Man 2 attracted a broad audience that was very pleased with the picture according to research issued by Sony. Males made up 52% of the crowd proving that the typical comic book audience of guys did not dominate the turnout. Those under 25 accounted for 55% and 91% categorized the film as "excellent" or "very good."

The new webslinger tale became the fastest film to break the $150M mark doing so in just five days (a day earlier than previous record-holder Reloaded) and now aims to break the $200M speed record of nine days currently held by the original Spider-Man. Although crushing all foes was easy this weekend, remaining a powerhouse will be a challenge in the weeks to come as a number of high-profile summer films are waiting in the wings for their chance to steal away audience attention and dollars. This Wednesday, Disney unleashes its Jerry Bruckheimer epic King Arthur followed on Friday by DreamWorks' Will Ferrell comedy Anchorman. The following week, Fox targets the sci-fi action audience with the Will Smith thriller I, Robot.

In order for Spider-Man 2 to approach the $403.7M of its predecessor, it will have to hold up better than recent Independence Day weekend event sequels. Last year, Terminator 3 opened to $72.4M over its Wednesday-to-Sunday launch accounting for 48% of its eventual domestic gross of $150.4M.. The year before that, Sony's Men in Black 2 took in $87.2M over its five-day holiday debut reaching 46% of its eventual total of $190.4M. Still, Spider-Man 2 looks to become the fourth movie of the past seven months to join the all-time top ten list following Shrek 2, The Passion of the Christ, and The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King.

Far back in second place was a super hero of different sorts, Michael Moore, with the controversial documentary Fahrenheit 9/11 which doubled its theater count and grossed an estimated $21M over the four-day holiday frame. The Lions Gate/IFC Films release averaged a strong $12,174 from 1,725 theaters over the long weekend. However, wider distribution and competition from the webslinger helped the R-rated film's per-theater average tumble. Over the Friday-to-Sunday portion of the weekend, Fahrenheit grossed $16.4M and averaged $9,507, down an alarming 66% from its opening weekend average of $27,558. But with an astonishing $60.1M after only 11 days of wide release, the much-talked-about film is well on its way to grossing $90-100M domestically.

RIP- BlueRuler
Secret Agent Man

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2004 1:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i loved it... it made me want to be a superhero... .. sigh.. i wish i was spiderman.. or some one cool like him...

aa, oshiete sensei-san
Chan

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2004 2:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Haven't seen Spiderman 2, want to see it, saw spiderman 1.

Spiderman 3's script is already done. And there are talks about getting toby to do it (again) for Spiderman 4.

I think it is this generations batman.
(also getting remade along with superman)

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2004 2:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Let's see, they could do Venom, Lizard, and Hobgoblin. This is based on the characters introduced in Spiderman 2. So, uh, yeah, going to be quite a few of them. Hell, as long as Bruce Campbell and Stan Lee still get little cameos, I say make 'em.
Speaker's Xeno

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2004 7:27 am    Post subject: Re: Spiderman Reply with quote

Smegma wrote:
Brought in alot of money this holiday weekend. Did anybody see it. Was it any good??

i saw it it was awsome

but they did mess up the first movie if they were going in order of how it all happens

lets just say that the green goblin was suppose to be second

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Gamepro65

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2004 11:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hey guys, i was wondering if one of you spiderman "buffs" could tell me. In the 2nd one, spiderman kept having his powers go out. Could someone tell me why that was happning? i never quite understood that.

vTEC
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2004 11:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i want to see venom...!
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> General Ramblings All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: