FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Learn other classes.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> General Ramblings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
hoaxie

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2002 6:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would like to learn how to play other classes. So, I went on a quest to find the perfect source...

I even went so far as to, yes, buy the game again (still kicking self in a$$) to find a guide on the classes.

I have looked in every book store you can imagine, I have looked online, I have even looked under the cushions of my couch next to my Cheetos collection.

I have found books on EVERY HL game except TFC. I know I can get bits and pieces here and there, but is there anywhere I can get a complete & concise informational source on TFC classes?

[ This Message was edited by: one big hoax on 2002-02-06 06:45 ]
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
JollyRoger

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2002 6:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Should be in Serria, Halflife, TFC, Classes. The HW_long.txt files, etc, have just about all the info on them.

If that's what you are looking for.

The ladies man,
JollyRoger.
QuasiModo

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2002 9:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Even if you dont like another class you should play it some to learn the strengths and weaknesses of that class...it will help you fight against it when playing your favorite class...

[ This Message was edited by: QuasiModo on 2002-02-06 09:28 ]
CyC0Dad

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2002 9:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have some good links at home but you just need to search with Yahoo or google to find most of them. I really wish more people would take a little time to learn ABOUT a class before they play it. Nothing scarier than an Engy asking "How do I build one of those Sentry Guns" or a sniper who doesn't charge up his rifle before shooting and then complaining because he can't kill anyone.
CyC0Dad

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2002 11:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK here are some links with lots of good info. After reading them you should have the base knowledge to have confidence trying new classes.

http://www.tfc-central.co.uk/faqs/

http://website.lineone.net/~chutney_boy/ExpertTFC/Classes/Medic/medic.html
(this will have links to other classes on the page)

http://www.planethalf-life.com/tfc/
(check the TFC guide section)
5th GHG E.G. Mine

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2002 11:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You know if you spent all that time playing TFC instead of looking for guides, you could've had enough info by now to write your own guide. Just a thought.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Kjeldorian Royal Guard 42

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2002 12:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I went through this the past few weeks. I spent an entire week playing Soldier, a week playing Pyro, a week playing Demo, etc. I learned a lot about each character and the info has helped me a lot. I learned that HW aren't that big of a deal at all. A Pyro and a Soldier can dispatch them with minimal damage to themselves. Demo VS HW is a straight up fair fight although the HW does have a very slight advantage. He doesn't have to aim!

I learned that while playing medic, spy, or scout, you must be just as good at avoiding damage as you are dealing it. I would have to say that medics require the most skill. To be one hundred percent effective with one is extremely tough. There are only a handfull here that can actually do that.

=US-V= Member/Event Coordinator - Retired
<eVa> Founding Father/Leadership/Webmaster - Retired
Ville Admin - Retired
hoaxie

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2002 12:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ahem...

Quote:

On 2002-02-06 11:33, 5th GHG E.G. Mine wrote:
You know if you spent all that time playing TFC instead of looking for guides, you could've had enough info by now to write your own guide. Just a thought.

First let me say the most mature thing that comes to mind.... "Bite Me!

Next, I do not like going into a TEAM arena without some sort of preparedness. I would rather not have to type things during an intense battle like...

"How do I build one of those cool shooting thingees?"

or

"How do I change into other characters as a spy?"

I would much rather have a base knowledge of a character first so as not to distract my teammates while they are fighting.

But, I am just considerate that way.

To those of you who actually tried to be helpful rather than capping on me, Thanks!!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Sully
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2002 6:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ummm....

Why hasn't anyone suggested JOHN DOE'S TIP SECTION?

There is a lot of excellent stuff right here on this website about how to play various classes, even tips about TFC in general. This information was contributed by the talented group of individuals that you play right next to here at the 'Ville.

It taught me some stuff, maybe it will help you.

Oh, and Dad, shame on you for not posting this!!!

j/k

Sig courtesy of K.R.G.
Bakuryu

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2002 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I could teach you all about whichever class you want, I can play them all very well. If I find you when I'm playing I'll switch to your team to help ya out.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> General Ramblings All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: