FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
DoD top 100!!!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> Day of Defeat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bright Red Nipples

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2004 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pierog wrote:
<-- decided not to rub it in

Nice, Mr. Negativity is back

God Bless You Blue Ruler
Clay Pigeon

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2004 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stevo
Ville Supporter
Ville Supporter

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2004 9:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Clay Pigeon wrote:

I concur.

The Official TVR Website

Fopp
Song of the Week
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Kjeldorian Royal Guard 42

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2004 10:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As time has gone by, I see more and more the basic flaws of their voting system.

It's simply not accurate. There are many in the top 20 that probably shouldn't even be in the top 100. But they are there simply do to "clicks". "Clicks" do not make a good server or site. It just says, "hey look, people are clicking this button thingy".

So, while it may be kinda cool to see your site's name up there, it's not what I would consider indicative of your server's/site's true popularity or status.

To be honest, I never saw that page before it was posted here. So it had no effect on me. Now that I have seen it. . . still no effect.

Ville = #1
=US-V= Member/Event Coordinator - Retired
<eVa> Founding Father/Leadership/Webmaster - Retired
Ville Admin - Retired
Smegma
Ville Supporter
Ville Supporter

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2004 11:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yup i go to that dod page scroll down to the ville and click it to get here at least 20 times daily

RIP- BlueRuler
JuVaNiLe

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2004 11:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

have it set as homepage always click link but it seems that we are droping everday now

CLICK YOU HOOOSIERS
The Nanite
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2004 5:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know about overall accuracy but I think Kustom Kettle deserves the ranking it has. Many of us have played there and it's super fun. Didn't want to rub it in eh? I looked through several pages and couldn't even find the MM server...
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2004 9:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nanite wrote:
I don't know about overall accuracy but I think Kustom Kettle deserves the ranking it has. Many of us have played there and it's super fun. Didn't want to rub it in eh? I looked through several pages and couldn't even find the MM server...

you couldnt find the MM server..there right above us..they are 24 and we are 25
kubrick

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2004 9:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kjeldorian Royal Guard 42 wrote:
As time has gone by, I see more and more the basic flaws of their voting system.

It's simply not accurate. There are many in the top 20 that probably shouldn't even be in the top 100. But they are there simply do to "clicks". "Clicks" do not make a good server or site. It just says, "hey look, people are clicking this button thingy".

So, while it may be kinda cool to see your site's name up there, it's not what I would consider indicative of your server's/site's true popularity or status.

To be honest, I never saw that page before it was posted here. So it had no effect on me. Now that I have seen it. . . still no effect.

Ville = #1

Well Said KRG. The only site I go to from that list is this one.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2004 9:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with you Nanite about Kustom Kettle. There are definitely some that deserve to be up in the top 20 by far. A couple however are making a joke of the list IMHO.

Like I said the other day, it's rigged like American Idol. You have one person who sounds like a dog being castrated and another who sounds like a professional. People set up those machines that sit and vote non stop and bam, the castrated dog wins. That show is very silly because of that. I hear they are changing the voting system next year because of that.

I've stopped voting on that DOD site because it's just so flawed. If you had to actually sign in and cast a vote, that would be better. All this site does is show the same old 20 or so people clicking the link on their site over and over. Some sites have higher traffic, thus you have more of the same people clicking the same link daily.

The fact that we at TV are doing nothing but using it as our home page and clicking daily isn't really telling of our servers/site. So while MM being up there may be somewhat of a joke, I don't see how they are any different than us clicking like mad just to see our name up there.

Just my opinion. I don't mean to piss anyone off or anything. I just think it's a silly voting system and I won't be wasting my time with it any longer.

I've played at many of those top 20 sites and I am still here at The Ville. That's my vote.
Ville Admin - Retired
Robert E. Lee

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2004 10:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It should be based on votes, not clicks.. Votes mean more than clicks do. The Ville has twice as many votes as anyone else on that list. If the flaws get fixed, then maybe we'll participate again in the future.
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2004 10:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Robert E. Lee wrote:
It should be based on votes, not clicks.. Votes mean more than clicks do. The Ville has twice as many votes as anyone else on that list. If the flaws get fixed, then maybe we'll participate again in the future.

Neither votes nor clicks should matter. Somehow it should have something to do with server traffic, although I'm sure how you could accumulate stats from 100 servers.
Ville Supporter
Ville Supporter

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2004 11:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

where did we go we were sitting 25 wtf we gone have we been removed from the list just went through and we are not there

RIP- BlueRuler

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2004 11:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Smegma wrote:
where did we go we were sitting 25 wtf we gone

Robert E. Lee wrote:
If the flaws get fixed, then maybe we'll participate again in the future.

I believe we are no longer participating. When the flaws get fixed, I too will vote my peace. I think it's a rather meaningless vote right now.

In reality, most people find your server simply because it's in their list when they refresh. They join and play. Their experience on the server is what rates the server in truth. Not clicks on a banner.

We know we are some of the best DOD servers on the planet. We need no list to prove that. I think our traffic proves that just fine.

Ville Admin - Retired
Stevo
Ville Supporter
Ville Supporter

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2004 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh I thought it was more about getting traffic from there. I didn't think it was supposed to mean something...

The Official TVR Website

Fopp
Song of the Week
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> Day of Defeat All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 6 of 7

Jump to: