FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
DoD and its laggy ass hit boxes
Goto page 1, 2  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> Day of Defeat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mostly Harmless :/

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2004 11:16 am    Post subject: DoD and its laggy ass hit boxes Reply with quote

Last night I encountered the worst example of the broken hit boxes in 1.2 on dod_donner. On the Allied side of the middle flag me and this one guy squared off about 5 feet away from each other, he was using a Thonpson, I was using an MP44, we both crouched at the same time, and both began to fire at the same time. We stood there for a good five seconds firing at each other, I must've emptied half a clip before a single shot even registered, before one of those ugly ass Doom 1 blood sprites finally popped up...we just sat there, firing, and firing, and firing, and then finally the hit boxes must've caught up because finally one of us died...me. 1.2 was supposed to be a step forward for the game, but in my experience it's been anything but. They've sort of fixed the M1 Garand but buggered up everything else in the process.

I'll miss shovelin' Blue
John Doe
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2004 11:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I ran into that on Avalanche last night against No Peace for you -DBD. I am climbing up into the church, he is coming around the corner with his luger....Were both startled, I start dumping a magazine into him at about 5 feet....Nothing happens....He pulls the trigger once, I am dead.......

HACKER !!!!!

Wait, mebbe I just suck at this game?
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2004 12:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a moral imperitive to point out that JD is still sucky at this game. Of course, this information is tempered by the fact that I still suck at this game.

sigh

Sig courtesy of K.R.G.
Kjeldorian Royal Guard 42

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2004 12:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sully wrote:
I have a moral imperitive to point out that JD is still sucky at this game. Of course, this information is tempered by the fact that I still suck at this game.

sigh

I usually get shoveled, stabbed, or butted from aboot 5 - 10 feet away. My FPS is so bad, I doubt I would ever notice the lag you speak of. It's rare that I hit anything. Period.

Sully, Real Genius is one of my favorite films. Lazlo was the shiz.
=US-V= Member/Event Coordinator - Retired
<eVa> Founding Father/Leadership/Webmaster - Retired
Ville Admin - Retired
vTEC
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2004 12:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

John Doe wrote:
I ran into that on Avalanche last night against No Peace for you -DBD. I am climbing up into the church, he is coming around the corner with his luger....Were both startled, I start dumping a magazine into him at about 5 feet....Nothing happens....He pulls the trigger once, I am dead.......

HACKER !!!!!

Wait, mebbe I just suck at this game?

LOL i saw that
Sully
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2004 12:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KRG, it kills me that you recognize my references.

Sig courtesy of K.R.G.
Ten

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2004 12:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've had a couple run-ins with people with no hitboxes recently. I emptied 3/4 of a clip into this dood in the hotel in Avalanche but didn't hit him once.

I did my usual "WTF!!...", and another guy saw since he was dead and spec'ing me. He said that every single shot of mine was dead on and it was the whackest thing he's ever seen.

Anyway, this kind of stuff only seems to happen in more populated games. Lately there's been some awful pings at the Ville as well. Quite a few guys from west-central Canada (Calgary and such) are getting very boo-ish ping. Tracert doesn't detect a bad hop, it says I should be pinging about ~70-90 (like I used to) but I'm getting 110 in some games, but 200 in the next. So maybe inflated collective pings have something to do with it.
John Doe
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2004 12:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ten Yard wrote:

Anyway, this kind of stuff only seems to happen in more populated games. Lately there's been some awful pings at the Ville as well. Quite a few guys from west-central Canada (Calgary and such) are getting very boo-ish ping. Tracert doesn't detect a bad hop, it says I should be pinging about ~70-90 (like I used to) but I'm getting 110 in some games, but 200 in the next. So maybe inflated collective pings have something to do with it.

I noticed that too sir, I suspect its some evil ISP punishing us for cheering for the Flames.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2004 12:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I noticed that too sir, I suspect its some evil ISP punishing us for cheering for the Flames.

lol, I've noticed it too. Maybe you're on to something!
Ten

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2004 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Or maybe Rob finally noticed that the Ville is entirely overrun with Canooks and is trying to "thin them out". One at a time...

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2004 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Someone told me that it's Steam that's causing all the lag problems. Honestly I cannot fathom why VALVe can't get Steam to function properly just once...there's always something wrong with the bloody thing. Combined with the DoD devs buggering up the game, it's making for some 'good times'.

I'll miss shovelin' Blue
Bright Red Nipples

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2004 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mostly Harmless :/ wrote:
Someone told me that it's Steam that's causing all the lag problems. Honestly I cannot fathom why VALVe can't get Steam to function properly just once...there's always something wrong with the bloody thing. Combined with the DoD devs buggering up the game, it's making for some 'good times'.

Steams only been around for just over a year now. Give em a chance, tee hee hee.

Those fricken morons will never get it figured out. Who knows what's gonna happen once the HL2 mods come out. Talk about been fooked then.

God Bless You Blue Ruler
fixthegarand

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2004 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think this is more server related than anything. A lot of people on the dod forums are talking about how server usage has been up along with choke and loss and all that funny moonman stuff. What this basically translates to is an annoying and random game experience at times. What can you do?

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2004 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fixthegarand wrote:
What can you do?

Find another game to play. I'm looking for a new WWII FPS to play right now, but nothing thats out appeals to me, so I put up with Day of Defeat, Steam and all their little idiosyncracies.

I'll miss shovelin' Blue
Stevo
Ville Supporter
Ville Supporter

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2004 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This one of the reasons I started playing NS...

The Official TVR Website

Fopp
Song of the Week
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> Day of Defeat All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: