FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
hrmmmm
Goto page 1, 2  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> General Ramblings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
[HALO]cpt._Keyes

PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2004 2:55 am    Post subject: hrmmmm Reply with quote

Well i officially have too much crap on my computer...it occured to me while trying to network a game at chief house that my comp ws entirely too slow...so i am deep scanning deep fixing deleting removing nukeing and terminexing everything useless out of my computer...however this is day no.2 of the process and it is 5 in the morning...so now actually it is day no.3 of the process...and im still only in the virus scan portion of my great eradication of useless junk....the kicker is i dont own a desktop i use a laptop and thats all...that is a lot of junk on a laptop! i mean just an example ust in my dod file alone(which has so much junk its a maze to get to... i.e..my dod folder address is C:\Program Files\Steam\SteamApps\kent_jeffrey@hotmail.com\day of defeat\dod) has just by itself 150megs of screenshots...of JUST screenshots...that doesnt include maps, various soundpacks and individual sounds three different sound folders and the backup dod file which has a copy of EVERYTHING. well im still here purging the evil out of my system by means of snakes plague boils and wishing that everything will be POOF fixed and i just sat to write that im doing nothing but Generally Rambling which i guess why this is in the index of General Ramblings, and to also show that I cpt Keyes am still infact alive and still exsist in the forums...another reason i decided to write is that the twirling circle showing that my system was working got boring to watch so i pulled up the vill to look at and possibly relieve som of my tension of being extremely bored....well i wasnt bored few hours ago Mrs. Keyes just left to head to her house for the night but alas she has gone but i shal see her in a few short hours and all will be good again. Well I thank you for taking the time out of your busy schedule in the Ville to read this tome of my adventures for the past three days and i hope you come again soo to spam more than an industial package of spam you can pick up from BJ's good night, morning, bye bye, cya in a few hours have fun kill those Germans, Americans, Aliens, Marines, Red, Blue for me ill cya later tonite....if im done with the UTUJ or the unprecedented trashing of useless junk
Secret Agent Man

PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2004 4:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hm.... thanks for the thread... i think ill check my comp now.... and so will many of us lol

aa, oshiete sensei-san
Chan

PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2004 5:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah you might wanna uncheck the "Automatically take end of game screen shots." In the Advance Settings in DoD.

That way this don't happen again in 2 weeks or so.
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2004 7:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dont forget the sig pic folder. that will have a record of every custom sprite sprayed.

see you after the flogging!
Bright Red Nipples

PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2004 8:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Since I built my new machine I go thru everything about every 2 to 3 weeks to clear out all the junk. It is amazing how much stuff you can collect in a short period of time. I don't want to even imagine all the crap you must have on yours. Good luck

God Bless You Blue Ruler
Stevo
Ville Supporter
Ville Supporter

PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2004 9:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well maybe I should check mine soon...

The Official TVR Website

Fopp
Song of the Week
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Speaker's Xeno

PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2004 10:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stevo wrote:
Well maybe I should check mine soon...

same

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Rebel_Rouser
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2004 10:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank God keyes, so maybe next time we play Generals on LAN it will not take 15mins for an air drop when it should only take 2min or it will take 30secs to build a power plant not 3mins lol Good Luck

Longest Running Show in Broadway History 1/9/06
Kazebari
Official Mall Ninja

PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2004 11:50 am    Post subject: Re: hrmmmm Reply with quote

[HALO]cpt._Keyes wrote:
Well i officially have too much crap on my computer...it occured to me while trying to network a game at chief house that my comp ws entirely too slow...so i am deep scanning deep fixing deleting removing nukeing and terminexing everything useless out of my computer...however this is day no.2 of the process and it is 5 in the morning...so now actually it is day no.3 of the process...and im still only in the virus scan portion of my great eradication of useless junk....the kicker is i dont own a desktop i use a laptop and thats all...that is a lot of junk on a laptop! i mean just an example ust in my dod file alone(which has so much junk its a maze to get to... i.e..my dod folder address is C:\Program Files\Steam\SteamApps\kent_jeffrey@hotmail.com\day of defeat\dod) has just by itself 150megs of screenshots...of JUST screenshots...that doesnt include maps, various soundpacks and individual sounds three different sound folders and the backup dod file which has a copy of EVERYTHING. well im still here purging the evil out of my system by means of snakes plague boils and wishing that everything will be POOF fixed and i just sat to write that im doing nothing but Generally Rambling which i guess why this is in the index of General Ramblings, and to also show that I cpt Keyes am still infact alive and still exsist in the forums...another reason i decided to write is that the twirling circle showing that my system was working got boring to watch so i pulled up the vill to look at and possibly relieve som of my tension of being extremely bored....well i wasnt bored few hours ago Mrs. Keyes just left to head to her house for the night but alas she has gone but i shal see her in a few short hours and all will be good again. Well I thank you for taking the time out of your busy schedule in the Ville to read this tome of my adventures for the past three days and i hope you come again soo to spam more than an industial package of spam you can pick up from BJ's good night, morning, bye bye, cya in a few hours have fun kill those Germans, Americans, Aliens, Marines, Red, Blue for me ill cya later tonite....if im done with the UTUJ or the unprecedented trashing of useless junk

ARGH! Paragraphs are your friend!
Stevo
Ville Supporter
Ville Supporter

PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2004 11:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well he sure has one big friend.

The Official TVR Website

Fopp
Song of the Week
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
`RaphX

PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2004 12:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I tried to do the same on a Windows 98 laptop a couple of months ago, in a desparate attempt to eke a little more speed from it. Turns out I messed it up by exposing bad hard disk sectors and shifting some of the important stuff (namely boot-up) to there.

Go me!
Paddyjack

PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2004 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chan wrote:
yeah you might wanna uncheck the "Automatically take end of game screen shots." In the Advance Settings in DoD.

Is that a joke?? Is Steam really doing that

Rock2..... JUST SAY NO!!!!!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Replica
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2004 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i work off my desktop... an amazing concept huh? but i don't want to take the time to go through all the files i got so aside froma few main ones every once ina while i dump everything i had been working on into a "desktop" folder on my desktop. it keeps me from saving into other folders and completely forgetting about them.. maybe i shoudl clean it up because that folder alone which is basically all images and stock photography and stuff is ( goes to check...) 2.40 GB i've got plenty of my image and photoshop files alone that are over 150mb so its always funny to me when people think thats a lot of space

PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2004 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Paddyjack wrote:
Chan wrote:

Is that a joke?? Is Steam really doing that

It's been an option to do that way before steam. Kinda like the Center Player names

PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2004 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

im not impressed... i had over 30 gigs of tfc movies and over 10 gigs of screenshots at 1 point
Rest is peace trig ill miss ya buddy
Rest in peace Blue...
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> General Ramblings All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: