FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Pub-X guide to joining and playing clan matches (long)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> Day of Defeat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bright Red Nipples

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2004 10:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Killer KoolAid Man wrote:
isn't what u are doing kinda like clan avertisement???? i thought u weren't allowed to do that here...

If there is a repeated attempts at clan advertisement then we ask that you create your own forum and do it there.

Like Jfet said though, this isn't exactly for a clan. This is geared more for anyone that might be interested in competing together but not as a real clan.

Personally I think it is a good idea. I am not the competing type or I would have considered signing up myself.

The only thing that I would hope is that any weekly messages or correspondence pertaining to this league is done thru email or IM . If there are any supporters that are joining this then you may want to consider using some of your webspace to set up a forum.

God Bless You Blue Ruler
BAzly

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2004 10:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm going to sign up eventually but I'm an extremely unmotivated person. That and I haven't eaten in like a week so I'm going to blame low blood sugar for this one.

PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2004 12:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was just able to join the team. Signing up is easy, it took about 3 minutes, and half of that was waiting for the confirmation email for the password.

Why haven't you eaten in a week? I knew you didn't have money for furniture, but no money for food would be horrible. I'm lucky i still have 3 years before I will have to move out into the real world.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
BAzly

PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2004 7:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Confirmation email is takin' to long... I did use a hotmail account though, it didn't show up in my junk mail.

PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2004 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Only 5 people have signed up. Ten Yard and Baz need to still. And anyone else. #Fade in
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Ten

PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2004 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Team joining has been locked for this division. Either there is a match coming up soon, or the division has been permenantly locked due to the time of the season.

Oh no! I've registered and stuff, but I get this error when I try joining Pub-X.
clone rizzo

PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2004 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah you'll have to wait till the weekend to do it i think. no worries

PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2004 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

clone rizzo wrote:
yeah you'll have to wait till the weekend to do it i think. no worries

it wouldn't let me until saturday, but i wasn't around friday night to try. A good way to remember the password is to put the site on your favorites list, then rename the link to it as your password. #Fade in
Ten

PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2004 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I formatted and re-installed DoD, I've got nothing custom except for crosshairs (from that pack that Rizzo posted a long time ago, he said they were CAL legal, are they UGL legal too?)

But can I use any custom sounds at all? I swear I remember seeing a CAL legal soundpack, is there anything else I can use than the stock sounds? They drive me nuts kinda but I can make do if I can't.
clone rizzo

PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2004 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

you can use custom sounds if you want, technically they're illegal but there's pretty much no way they can catch you

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2004 12:39 pm    Post subject: im signed up Reply with quote

ok im signed up. :)
Sully
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2004 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wanna wish you competitors good luck.

Don't forget, that's us'ns y'all are representin' out there.

Sig courtesy of K.R.G.
Ten

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2004 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sully wrote:
Don't forget, that's us'ns y'all are representin' out there.

From what I see, it's pretty easy to be sportsmanlike out there. Teams simply can't be assholes to each other and survive in the UGL - it's against the guidelines.

During clan matches, the use of global chat is kind of... not used. Even if someone thinks a shot was "BS" or if someone's a "hacking FGT", it's very frowned upon to express that in global chat. For the most part, I think everyone's in there for the experience and the good games - 99% of the llamas are to immature or too terrible at DoD to make it in leagues.

So we'll be good, we've got Strongbad kickin' with us. He keeps things in line without really having to say anything. Besides, Pub-X is for Ville regulars - and that implies all sorts of standards in the first place. #Fade in
Mostly Harmless :/

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2004 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, that's just all a little too involved for me, I thought I'd like to try joining Pub-X (if you guys would've taken me), but after reading through all that...I dunno...it just seems like taking a game just a little too seriously.

I'll miss shovelin' Blue
clone rizzo

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2004 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah, its a little daunting at first. you can always try a scrim out even if you're not on the roster. just to see how you like it.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> Day of Defeat All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: