FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
any DODers interested in making a real clan?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> Day of Defeat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
clone rizzo

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2004 1:06 pm    Post subject: any DODers interested in making a real clan? Reply with quote

hey i was just wondering if any of you guys would be interested in forming a real clan to play in a league. the time commitment would be minimal, 1 hour per week to play the match (or maybe 2 if we want to get a practice scrim in before the match). we'd join a beginner's league so most likely we wouldnt be pounded EVERY time . Playing in matches is really intense and fun, and you'll start to see lots of improvement in your playing.

anyways... it was just an idea. if you're intrested i wouldn't mind setting it up and helping to lead the thing.

i was mainly looking at the ugl league--thursday nights 8:00 central time.
also TPG league is probably the best for beginners, its on sundays at 8:00. however my real clan is in that league so i couldnt play with you guys if we did it that way.

ahh... so! drop a message here if you'd be interested or if you think its a good/bad idea or if you have any quesions about league play in general.

oh! what night of the week is best for y'all? there's leagues that play on sunday, monday, tues, wed, and thursdays

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2004 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd do that, I haven't been clanning because I didn't expect to be open nights with work. But I quit my last job, and I'm being hired onto a new one monday, but the training isn't at night.

I can swing 2 weeks than I'd be out, because the job hours are 7:15pm to 4:30am.

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2004 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would also like to join. Those days are perfect for me. I work from 10pm - 6am. And those are also the days I usually stay home and play some DOD before work anyway. Sundays, Mondays, thursdays are the best, but tuesdays and saturdays could work too.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
EvilGenius
Ville Supporter
Ville Supporter

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2004 4:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds interesting... what date does the competition start, and how long does the season run?

Oh, and from what y'all have seen of my play, would I be totally wasting your time?

John Doe wrote:
Normally I lock spam threads...but this one is still one page....I may check on it later......

You have to be a supporter to get it.
Ten

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2004 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yea I'm in for sure. If it's a go I mean, I'd do just about anything for some match experience that isn't too time consuming - this sounds like a really good deal.

I'm basically free every weeknight after 5:00 PM central. Any day is fine by me - but preferably not on a Friday or Saturday.

Word Rizzo, this sounds like a hell of a lot of fun.
clone rizzo

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2004 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

evilgenius from my experience its best to base a clan on friendship rather than skill. sure we'd like to put our best foot forward but everyone's welcome to be a part of it, as long as they're a ville regular player .

the seasons are usually 8 weeks long, with 2-3 weeks of preseason before and 2-3 weeks of playoffs after. most leagues are just starting their regular season now so we'd be a little behind but they're always willing to add more teams mid-season

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2004 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wouldn't mind joining, but can't be sure of my schedule. Thursdays or Sundays are usually OK, but I'll probably be travelling a few times this summer so I might have to miss a few.

How many people are usually on a team? I'm sure you need more to allow for people who can't make it.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
clone rizzo

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2004 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the rosters are unlimited as far as i know. in the matches we have to play with 6 team members.

yeah i'm sure our starting lineup would change alot based on who can make it but that's ok. like i said its mostly about having fun and getting bettter

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2004 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i'm awful so i can't be in it.
Bonez

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2004 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd be interested maybe if i could just be a back up. With summer break coming up i'm free any of those nights, but i plan on doing a lot of partying this summer since it could be the last summer i spend with some friends so that would probably come first. Anyways, sounds like a great idea.
Ten

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2004 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fixthegarand wrote:
i'm awful so i can't be in it.

Shut up, you're joining dood. You better be joking, saying that you're bad at DoD reminds me of those 110 pound 17 year-old girls bawling their eyes out in front of a mirror because they're "hideously fat".
shovelnose
Ville Supporter
Ville Supporter

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2004 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sounds interesting to me, i would love to play against some hardcore people besides ten yard and bAzly

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2004 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

your the one changing your name to Ten Yard Stare <---Teh Sux, when you have a 40 : 13 K : D ration
clone rizzo

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2004 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

not all clans are super good, i bet we could win a fair share of matches. a lot of the lower level clans are actually from other communities like the ville.

it looks like some people are interested so i'll go ahead and sign up for the ugl league. if lots of people want to join we can always join tpg on sundays too but we'll just play it by ear.

more info to come so check back
Ville Supporter
Ville Supporter

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2004 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yay
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> Day of Defeat All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: