FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
New DoD guild

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> Day of Defeat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kamikaze

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2004 1:28 am    Post subject: New DoD guild Reply with quote

Ok, I've kind of irked about how much camping goes on in DoD. Sometimes, it's absolutley UNBEILIEVABLE. I myself find that I play in what I like to describe as "run and gun". I hardly ever prone, and when I do, it's to get position so that I can move forward.

SO, that being said, I'm starting a guild. Not for clanning or anything like that, kind of like TPF in TFC. I'll be recruiting folks I see on the DoD servers as I play. OR, if your interested, shoot me a pm and I'll consider adding you.

i told you i was hardcore.
PondScum007

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2004 8:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

anti-prone guild? ossum!!

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2004 12:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay. Well I own the rights to "Ville Pronestar Killers" so you can't steal that. Did V^PK inspire you to come up with this?
kamikaze

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2004 12:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I honestly had no idea there was something similar. I'm not so much against going prone as I am camping somewhere for like more than a minute or two. I'm always moving on maps, forwards and backwards, trying to cap whatever point we don't have atm.

Mostly Harmless :/

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2004 1:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love using my sp00n of d00m!!1!1! on proners Melee weapon = always secondary. You never know when you'll stumble across some fool proning in a dark corner with his back to you.

I'll miss shovelin' Blue
Kazebari
Official Mall Ninja

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2004 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll sign up. Give me a PM on what I should put on my handle.
Stevo
Ville Supporter
Ville Supporter

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2004 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So what's the name of this guild and tag?

The Official TVR Website

Fopp
Song of the Week
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Ten

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2004 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay. I seriously don't want to jack your thread, but if you're interested (I really have no idea how intent you are on making a new guild, but this is already made so I'm just curious if it's what suits what you're looking for) you can join V^PK. Mostly Harmless and I put it together and so far we've got:

EvilGenius
Ten Yard
Mostly Harmless
FixtheGarand
Shovel Me Silly
Isux/ripper
Bonez

And a few other invites are going out tonight (I resigned from eVa today so it's okay if I do this)

These is what it's all about:

Quote:
V^PK is something that I thought up out of complete boredom one day. It stands for Ville Pronestar Killers, and it isn't a clan, a guild... I'd call it a squad. There isn't leadership, consequences, committment, forums or gatherings. You don't need outstanding stats my any means, you just need to be a good guy/girl. It also doesn't matter if you're part of a clan or guild, this is simply a symbol of unity for players who want a better DoD experience.

It's a group of players (who don't necessarily need to hate pronestars #Fade in ) who have have been playing together for some time. The whole thing is about playing the game like it's supposed to be played - being mobile, capping objectives, protecting what's yours and backing up teammates. Dark corner campers and whatnot somewhat maim the DoD pub experience, it's our effort to put up a good fight and simply play like you've got a pair (figuratively speaking if you're female.)

1. Don't be a jerk.
2. Follow the Ville's server rules. Drop the tag if you find this difficult.
3. Show some sportsmanship.

You may be asked to drop the tag if your attitude turns to crap and have no sense of sportsmanship.

What was found at The Ville stays at The Ville. It doesn't mean you can only play here (because that would be retarded), but V^PK simply won't be active anywhere else but here. Most of us call the Ville home.

Mostly Harmless and myself are the only two that can actually invite players into the squad, it's most definitely encouraged that V^PK members nominate other players to the squad that they think would be a good addition. PM Mostly Harmless or myself if you're interested.

Hoop

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2004 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok for those who want to join and where my tag it is Hoop-=AGG=-

It stands for anti guild guild.

Get serious guys you dont have to start a guild just for anti proning or anti camping. Make a pact on the forum not to camp and be done with it. Not trying to seem like a jerk but its just rediculous. For instance if your a machine gunner how will you setup ur bipod if ur in a field.

Next week im starting GGG-=Hoop=- it is the grease gun guild ONLY guild.
kamikaze

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2004 12:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sounds good to me 10yard. the new guild is scrapped and V^PK RULESZ

ROOFCUTTER
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2004 6:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

well as in all things there is a balance ...you need the snipers and the machinegunners to hold the line....but if the line is two flags forward....get up and move....

I like the energy of this group and cant wait to get my machine gun on them when they come around the cornor....but you know that machinegunners life cycle in combat is about 5 seconds!....ouch

Good luck guys and see you in game
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> Day of Defeat All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: