FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
OMG I rule/suck...

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> Day of Defeat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Grunty

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2004 12:10 am    Post subject: OMG I rule/suck... Reply with quote

Just now I was playing on Kalt as an allie and went something like 43-9 as a rifleman. I was an unstopable killing machine. Then the next map was Anzio which I avoid, so I switched servers. What do I see but Kalt on another Ville server, so I join as Axis. And suck worse than I've ever sucked before, I was 0-8 with no caps before I even got a kill. I mean five minutes earlier I couldn't miss a shot and then all the sudden the only person I was killing was myself, with nades. I think there should be a most inconsistent player award, cause I would have it for sure.
fixthegarand

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2004 2:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Same thing happens to me all the time. I have a good game then I have a bad game. I also have periods in a game where I rail everything with a garand and then periods where every other shot is 90 dmg or a miss. Welcome to Day of Random Everything.
Ten

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2004 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think every player is consistent for the most part, it's just that teams aren't. Depending on the collective skill of the other team and your own - you may kick serious ass or you may get your ass kicked. I've developed my own selfish way of solo-playing (I've always played DoD as if it was Halo on Legendary :\ ) where I can usually survive and do reasonably well regardless of what my team is like. But the other team can often be troubling. But personally I'd rather have excellent competition than a 2.50+ K : D.

... Anyway, Grunty, I think what you're discovering is that the dynamics of a game change depending on the nature of the teams. Are they camping? Are they moving up? Can they shoot? Can they communicate and work together? Any given player would be very consistent in a perfectly regulated game environment - even though we all have days where we can't hit a damn thing.
Simpleman
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2004 12:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
even though we all have days where we can't hit a damn thing.

And when do these days stop .

And why do I have no Xhairs mister

I only have xhairs on my sniper rifle eh Mr. Ten Yards don't make me slap you.

Anyways any fix for this ? I only have xhairs on my sniper rifle's
Stevo
Ville Supporter
Ville Supporter

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2004 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well did you try reading the directions where is said type cl_xhair_style x (replace x with a number).

The Official TVR Website

Fopp
Song of the Week
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Simpleman
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2004 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stevo wrote:
Well did you try reading the directions where is said type cl_xhair_style x (replace x with a number).

Stevo,Stevo,Stevo I was just harassing him I had that problem for awhile and he wouldn't answer me so I just wanted to taunt him for old time sakes.
kubrick

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2004 1:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ten Yard wrote:

... Anyway, Grunty, I think what you're discovering is that the dynamics of a game change depending on the nature of the teams. Are they camping? Are they moving up? Can they shoot? Can they communicate and work together? Any given player would be very consistent in a perfectly regulated game environment - even though we all have days where we can't hit a damn thing.

Arrrgh! This is so frustrating. Last night on donner, we had half our team camping back by flags one and two. I'm like "move up guys, the action is up here" They couldn't keep the other team off of me(I was trying for caps) cause they were camping where the ememy wasn't.

I was almost mad enough to let an expletive fly(I did, but not on the chat channel) Just at my monitor.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Killer KoolAid Man

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2004 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yea...i know what its like to have bad days...altho i can usually rebound in the same game an always end up wit an even record...i get sad when i rarely get an under .500 rating
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Ten

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2004 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Simpleman wrote:
Stevo wrote:

Stevo,Stevo,Stevo I was just harassing him I had that problem for awhile and he wouldn't answer me so I just wanted to taunt him for old time sakes.

:O Mr. Simple, you can't just talk to my avatar when you need to ask me a question. You've gotta type it. #Fade in

I don't remember you asking the question in any thread or PM, but if you ever checked the thread that you downloaded it from: http://www.theville.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=17100&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0 you'd see that a few people had that problem, and I answered it on the first page. And the second page. And the third one too. BTW, I'm using that official CAL crosshair pack that Rizzo posted, I'm using a medium green dot for my rifles and a rather small sized green + type hair for my autos. Works awesome.

If you're ever finding that you simply can't hit a damn thing, try fiddling with your sensitivity. I toggle between two sensitivies with [ (rifles, 3.0 sens) and ] (barmode, 5.5 sens) that I have bound to them.

Sorry for the thread jackage Grunty, carry on plz k thx. If anyone wants me to elaborate as to how you can toggle sensitivies, I'll bump the thread and condense the info.
fixthegarand

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2004 11:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well it's very true that teams can be very important to how well you do individually. It's very easy to rack up a score against a bunch of new players, but if you've got 2 cal level players and a few decent other guys on the team you probably are going to die more. Similarly, if you are on a good team you have less to worry about, but if you are on a bad team that doesn't cover, snipe well or attack then you probably are going to die quite a bit.

Another thing I've noticed is how important sniping balance is between teams... if one team has one or two players who know how to snipe and the other has really awful snipers, then more often than not the team with good snipers will win if not destroy the other team. Of course, it depends on the map. Snipers aren't as important on Anzio as they are on Caen or Meredet for example, where two decent snipers can decimate a team by themselves.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> Day of Defeat All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: