FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Respawn Spamming

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> F-A-Q
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kjeldorian Royal Guard 42

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2002 11:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok I have read the server rules many, many times in order to completely understand them. I love rule two. So many arguments can be settled by simply reminded someone of the rule "2. DON'T Build SG's, infect, or hang out at enemy respawns".

Anyway, my question is, can someone please define what is considered "respawn spamming". It's obviously not against the rules because it's not stated in the rules section. I have always thought it was at least frowned upon by anyone who enjoys a decent and fair game. I was playing Epicenter tonight and everytime I walked out my respawn door, there were two or three gas nades just stinking up the joint.

I went spy and layed down to watch what I call a Llama come throw the nades. Two people were doing it over and over. One of which was on our team? Still haven't figured that one out. . I got their names and then realized it's not stated in the rules so I couldn't really say anything. I told them to stop but I am unsure if I was correct in doing that. What are your opinions on this? Thx

=US-V= Member/Event Coordinator - Retired
<eVa> Founding Father/Leadership/Webmaster - Retired
Ville Admin - Retired
Brujah

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2002 9:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really don't see the big deal about nade spamming... but the gas nades do get kinda annoying after about the 3rd time.. so ya do got a point
JollyRoger

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2002 9:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually, a member of your team throwing nades near your respawn basically means one of two things: It was a spy digused as a friendly spy, Or, they were setting up for a infected retreat tactic.

With those nades there, assuming people run through them every so often, the spy will grunt every so often.

The spy can signle a medic, and, if the enemy team isn't good enough to realise that he isn't bleeding, only grunting, they part like the red sea and let the spy right in.

Past that. I... Don't know. While i rarly have a problem with a single gas nade; the damage is negligable and the hallucinagins don't do a whole heck of a lot, or a single naplam; it fades quick enough anyway, 4 gasses, or 4 naplams gets annoying.

I dont know if it's considered hanging out at enemy respawns or not, aka, i don't know if it's against the rules, but i can say that i personally think it really shouldn't be done more than once or twice, on a pass when you are making a run for the flag and want to weaken up or delay the enemy, since you know you will be going that way anyway.

I dunno. Just my feelings.

The ladies man,
JollyRoger.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2002 1:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One of the spies in question was on our team. I noticed at the end of the level that not only was he on our team but his score was something like -2/35! The reason I had a problem with it is, everytime I came out, there were gas nades up against the door. You know as well as I do that the gas goes into the door thus it is hurting people in respawn. That is totally against the rules.

Spamming someones respawn just to slow them down is quite cowardly if you ask me. I like to give my opponent the same chances I have to fight. If the tables were turned and the gas nades were constant mirvs, I bet everyone's opinions would change real quick. I would really like an admin to reply to this so I can get the all mighty answer!

Ville Admin - Retired

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2002 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bringing this back to the top.

Ville Admin - Retired
BitterBeerFace

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2002 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sort of keeping it at the top, but also my 34 Lire worth.

I think the spamming like the gas grenades is only ok for maps like avanti and osaka... when the gates open, or before that, it's just fine to have gas (or pipe bombs, grenades, bullets) flying into the starting area, but on every other map, purposely chucking them where the gas will get inside respawns is just playing dirty.

I always hated the public servers when the enemy spies would continually be spamming respawn rooms with gas, was just plain annoying.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Tommy.Chong

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2002 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I understand you fully KRG,On epic center there is plenty of room around those doors to chunk those Gas nades,thus if they choose to put them right against the door it shows it was intentional an was meant todo harm inside respawn,and i must agree that if it was constant bombing of mirv's or even emp's people would change their tone in a Jiffy.

I find it ok to chunk a gas nade NEAR not AGAINST respawn every once in awhile to kinda slow them down for say incase your running the flag.
Twisted29

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2002 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think I was the spy in qestion here, but I do occassionly throw gas nades into the friendly respawn. Why? Well, read KRG's above post, that sums it up nicely. Friendly gas doesn't make you hallucinate, so I haven't seen any harm in it. Let me know if you guys dislike the tactic, I'll cut it out.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2002 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Twisted, I can't believe someone actually thought up a tactic like that! It sounds totally usefull and I have no prob with my own team doing it for that purpose. This person was not doing that. He was just being. . .I don't know! He would spam our respawn and then hang out at our cap??? My prob was with the guy on the other team. It does hurt when it's an enemy gas nade and that's what I am asking about. Is it "legal"?

P.S. It wasn't you Twisted. Just some goofball noob.

[ This Message was edited by: Kjeldorian Royal Guard on 2002-02-04 19:29 ]
Jaredmonkey

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2002 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well I'm interested to see what th ruling is on this one too cause I'v had that happen to me beore (as I'm sure all of us have at one point) and they do get very annoying after awhile.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> F-A-Q All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: