FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Mode of Transport
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> General Ramblings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
EvilGenius
Ville Supporter
Ville Supporter

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2004 4:19 am    Post subject: Mode of Transport Reply with quote

I was just curious about the cars everyone drove. I have an '89 Chevrolet S-10 4wd pickup w/ 0 amenities, except for the CD player my parents got me for it. It's a 2.4L 6-cylinder 5 speed, no cruise. The main plus side is it has less than 60k miles. This is because it was my Grandpa's truck until he passed away a few years ago, and he just didn't drive it much.

I 'm in the market for a new car and have picked a Mazda3s 5-door in Strato blue with ABS/SAB/SAC, Moonroof/CD-Changer & Black Leather interior which I'll be getting at the beginning of the fall when they go on clearance.

John Doe wrote:
Normally I lock spam threads...but this one is still one page....I may check on it later......

You have to be a supporter to get it.
Royce
Ville Supporter
Ville Supporter

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2004 5:15 am    Post subject: my car. Reply with quote

My current vehicle is a 2oo1 Chevy Tracker. Its the four door, and its not that bad. My parents basically gave it to me, so i can't complain. It gets me from here to there, thats all that matters right?

I'm still pushin to get a bike

But i dont see that happening anytime soon ,
so the other thing i would like to have is just a nissan pathfinder.
They are surprisingly nice for a small SUV, you can do numerous things with them.

Well, thats my vehicle, and my (hopefully) future vehicle(s).

later
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2004 6:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My current car is a 1995 Camaro Z28

Longest Running Show in Broadway History 1/9/06
ROOFCUTTER
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2004 6:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a 1997 hyundai accent...it is clean and gets 35 miles to the gallon. best car I ever owned. not the fastest but it does do a 115 on level ground, not the sportiest, but with the small airfoil and cool front grille not bad, not the nicest interior, but with the leather wrapped steering wheel and shifter and the black dash it looks and feels pretty good.
but for amount paid and miles driven! It is the champ!

The new shinny f150 sits in the driveway...at 15 miles to the gallon...its only used around town or when I have to haul something

That new toyota gets 55..combined. i think if it gets good ratings...i may try that
cobra
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2004 7:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mine: http://users.pandora.be/VerstraeteWim/mycar.html

daewoo lanos 1.5 8v '97
vTEC
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2004 9:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i have a 94' integra GSR...

interior is nice (i'd rather have type r interior)
exterior is nice (i'd rahter have type r exterior)
car has some power..not as much as BRN and his camaro but its pushing 220 hp

overall car is nice...i like it (i'd rather have a type r)
cobra
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2004 9:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wouldn't you like a type R better?

with a bigger intercooler, other exhaust line,............
MunkeyEye
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2004 9:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My daily drive is a 2003 Honda Element. It's look is an acquired taste (ok, so it's downright ugly) but it has been one of the best vehicles I've ever driven. Costs less than an Accord and good bang for the buck! It's a 2+2 and all the seats can recline flatout to form 2 very long beds. For cargo, each rear seat folds to the side and cargo space is increased to that of a large SUV. Interior is hard plastic and rubber and the brochure says you can simply hose it down if it gets filthy inside (havent tried it yet). Excellent field of vision but somewhat lacking in power.

Speaking of power, I also have a '94 Toyota Supra w/ Twin HKS 2835 ceramic ball-bearing turbos w/12 fuel injectors at max boost psi of ~28psi -> 704rwhp. I call her "Princess". She only comes out on weekends and remains garaged at my warehouse. http://www.brucenomura.com/projectcars/supra/g/default.asp

Other vehicles which I used to own or currently own are:

- 2002 Chevy 3500HD Flatbed - Tranny problems at 45K miles but otherwise runs very strong
- 2003 Chevy Silverado 1500 - A good reliable pickup with capable carrying loads. Hasnt' died on me yet.
- 2002 Chevy Tracker - Reliable vehicle but tends to be a little unstable at high speeds and sways if there are gusty winds
- 2003 Honda Accord - Good fuel consumption. 11k miles in 3 months and it's still doing well.
- 2001 Mercedes Benz C-class - Luxurious comfort but the sport package makes it suck terribly in snow conditions (tends to drift and slip)
- 2003 Isuzu Box Truck NPR HD - Exceptionally good handling and tight turning radius. Didn't get the diesel which was a big mistake. 300 mile range with no low-gas warning. Thanks for telling us, Isuzu! Ran her dry the second day we took her out. All eyes on a gas light that never existed.
- Nissan 100 Forklift Diesel - 0 to 60 in like...never. But it can lift alot. We call her "Big Bertha"
- Nissan 35 Forklift LP - Name's "Squirt". He thinks he can lift as much as his sister. It's a sibling ego thing.
- 2000 Audi S4 B-Turbo (Sold). Chipped to 312hp
- 1994 3000GT VR4. Flipped and crashed that car in '96. Bad Munkey.
- 2002 Chevy Surburban - Traded it in. Gas Guzzler and gave ALOT of problems - engine, suspensions, etc. at only 75k miles
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
YourPowersAreWeakOldMan

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2004 10:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

'97 Eclipse Spyder
Mr.Vomish

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2004 11:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a 2000 Audi S4, black on black leather, all luxury options.

IMO it's basically stock with only the following upgrades:

APR ECU upgrade (racing chip)
Neuspeed Catback Exhaust
APR stage I suspension upgrade

Currently it is pushing close to, if not over, 300 BHP. I plan on taking it to the track next month but in looking at other S4's with the same mods as mine, I should be able to run mid 13s. Of course, I need to practice onmy reaction time a bit.

I am working currently in order to buy more modifications for the car like,

APR intercoolers, Audi RS4 clutch kit, APR downpipes, and APR Stage III Turbo upgrade ( basically I would replace the stock K03 turbos with the much bigger K04 turbos). With the new turbo upgrade I would have about 412 horsepower and 482 foot-pounds of torque at the flywheel on 93 octane gas.
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2004 12:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool Vomish! Mine was Silver with black leather interior.

Most, if not all the chips tested produced about 50hp more than stock which is the good thing about turboed cars. The K04's might create more turbo lag but will definitely provide more on the high-end. One of my old friends whom I used to go to the tracks with has a good informational S4 site at http://www.taner.net/ He's done some pretty neat stuff on it.

Watch our for your throttle body boot though. I'm sure you already know this but if you haven't replaced it yet, you might want to. The 2000 models have a faulty boot which causes the rubber to split.

Lemme know if you do the K04 upgrade!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
Mr.Vomish

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2004 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Damn nice website your friend has. With regard to the throttle body boot, I plan on getting the APR bipipe kit, which will replace that stock rubber piece near the intake manifold that always seems to cause problems on nearly every S4. I will definetely kep you updated on my project car.
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2004 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He's a really cool dude too. Feel free to ask him for assistance when you take the plunge! Let him know that Gerard sent you and if he asks who??, kindly remind him that I'm the guy he owes 50 bucks to.... j/k!
shovelnose
Ville Supporter
Ville Supporter

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2004 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

2001 jeep cherokee, black with grey interior

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2004 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MunkeyEye wrote:
He's a really cool dude too. Feel free to ask him for assistance when you take the plunge! Let him know that Gerard sent you and if he asks who??, kindly remind him that I'm the guy he owes 50 bucks to.... j/k!

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> General Ramblings All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: