FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Another City of Heroes Post
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> General Ramblings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
powdermilkman
Diplomat

PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2004 3:32 pm    Post subject: Another City of Heroes Post Reply with quote

Okay i know i posted once on who was going to actually get the game (out now everywhere except best buy) and i wanted to post again to give a little update. As of now i have the game and am logged in to play for some time. Jfet has the game as well and has yet to start. As soon as i reach a certain level (or if jfet is going to reach a certain level) we will be forming a super group that is exclusive to ville members only so i am sending this out to all the people who i know want to be a super hero plus it will be really a lot better if we are all in a group and know each other. Anywho just letting yall know what is up and below is some info you might need.

--if you get the game make sure you create a character on Justice server
--the game cost 15 bucks a month (not that bad)
--not that many llamas (though i did spot NOOBY, NOOB MAN, and SUPER LLAMA last night)
--i am willing to help level you up quick
--i am just willing to help in any way possible
--not that many annoying 14 year olds yet
--clicky the link http://www.cityofheroes.com/

Powder
kubrick

PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2004 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks interesting, but I have a hard time justifying $49.95 for a game plus $15/month to play it. I think Mmorpg's should always be free for the download if you have to pay a monthly sub to play.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Shovel me Silly

PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2004 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Strongbad wrote:
Looks interesting, but I have a hard time justifying $49.95 for a game plus $15/month to play it. I think Mmorpg's should always be free for the download if you have to pay a monthly sub to play.

amen! I'd actually try one then.

Sounds like an awesome game. Wish I had some income to play it.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Jfet Zener
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2004 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

its fun. im on the justice server too. my name is "Jfet Zener"
kubrick

PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2004 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I might get it. I wish they had a 7 day trial or something.

The problem is in the last month I have bought - Farcry, BF-V, and UT2k4 and what game do I play the most????

Half-Life which I paid $30 for over 4 years ago.

But, since I'm single with disposible income, I'll probably buy this one too. Does the retail box at least come with a month of play?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Jfet Zener
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2004 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Strongbad wrote:
I might get it. I wish they had a 7 day trial or something.

The problem is in the last month I have bought - Farcry, BF-V, and UT2k4 and what game do I play the most????

Half-Life which I paid $30 for over 4 years ago.

But, since I'm single with disposible income, I'll probably buy this one too. Does the retail box at least come with a month of play?

i got farcry, bf-v, and splinter cell pandora tomorrow this month. i still play half life the most too. it does come with a month of free trial though. its really fun. i see it getting repetitive in the future, but not just yet. maybe a few months down the line. same as when i played planetside. it was great for a few months then got tired of it.
kubrick

PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2004 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok. I decided to get it

I'm on the Justice server, Slayback-vs

I just created my character and started the tutorial, but I will be back on later.
JtH

PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2004 5:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hmmm it seems pretty cool. once i get some money from either a payday or some other means i might go out and buy it. it seems pretty cool and i like the premise of it. i think id definitally buy it. i guess we will have to see once i get some money and what i do with it.

Strongbad, since you just bought it, did or did it not come with a free trial out of the box? if so i will pick it up wednesday next week and that way i wont blow all of my money.
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2004 9:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm picking it up tomorrow.
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2004 9:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JacktheHomeless wrote:
hmmm it seems pretty cool. once i get some money from either a payday or some other means i might go out and buy it. it seems pretty cool and i like the premise of it. i think id definitally buy it. i guess we will have to see once i get some money and what i do with it.

Strongbad, since you just bought it, did or did it not come with a free trial out of the box? if so i will pick it up wednesday next week and that way i wont blow all of my money.

it DOES come with a 1 month trial, but you have to enter your CC info anyway to get it. they dont charge you until the 2nd month though.
kubrick

PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2004 11:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah it comes with a month of play. It sux cause I'm out of town next week so you guys will probably be lvl 20 or higher by then
powdermilkman
Diplomat

PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2004 11:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

At the rate im going...hardly...if i do hard missions i die...i get debt takes longer. Though i had a great group last night we were unstopable until we met up with some Circle of Thorn guys who could all blow up...not a great combonation...it was messy.

Powder
Jfet Zener
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2004 11:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Strongbad wrote:
Yeah it comes with a month of play. It sux cause I'm out of town next week so you guys will probably be lvl 20 or higher by then

thats ok because then you can just do mission and we can tag along and help ya. its not too bad.
kubrick

PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2004 11:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

powdermilkman wrote:
At the rate im going...hardly...if i do hard missions i die...i get debt takes longer. Though i had a great group last night we were unstopable until we met up with some Circle of Thorn guys who could all blow up...not a great combonation...it was messy.

Powder

What archtype are you playing?
The Nanite
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2004 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

After this I can't wait until tomorrow, I'm gonna pick it up tonight!
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> General Ramblings All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: