FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Got a hacking question
Goto page 1, 2  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> Day of Defeat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bonez

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2004 9:26 pm    Post subject: Got a hacking question Reply with quote

Ok so i'm in a scrimage with my clan against another clan called A5 or something like that. We're not the best clan arround but we decide that we shouldn't do too bad in this scrim. The other clan is a mix of Cal O and Cal N players and we're all Cal O. So we start the scrimmage and the other clan is doing pretty good. We continue playing and they are now kicking our butts pretty hard we are kind of suspecting they are hacking, but we don't say anything. Well on goes the game and now we're pretty mad because they have some pretty fishy shots through walls so we start accusing them of having wall-hacks. Now here is the key part.....how do they respond?
Quote:
It is possible to shoot through ANY object in DoD
We're like "umm you can shot through some but not all" and they respond...
Quote:
Yes you can shoot through any object, try it on your own server

Hmmm, now i'm pretty sure i know the answer to this question but that is total BS is it not?
Stevo
Ville Supporter
Ville Supporter

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2004 9:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can't shoot through everything I don't think. Just a lot of walls and doors.

The Official TVR Website

Fopp
Song of the Week
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Bonez

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2004 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

exactly, i know for sure you can shoot through doors and a few walls. But brick walls? i know you can't. Just like that guy in the movie that is in the other topic, that's how it seemed when we were playing them.
Jfet Zener
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2004 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well it is possible to shoot through anything....but some things, like thick walls, you can only shoot through the corners., not like smack dab in the middle of all walls.
Bright Red Nipples

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2004 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It came as a surprise to me that you can indeed shoot thru almost everything, including bricks, with the right weapons. The question I would raise would be how did they know your exact location on the other side of that wall??

Hacks usually will not change the physics of a map, like walls and such. There are hacks that will allow you to see thru walls but will not allow you to shoot thru walls that can not be done by other players. If there are then I haven't seen them yet.

God Bless You Blue Ruler
Blue Ruler
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2004 10:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now why dosnt this "cal" surprise me at all
Ville Supporter
Ville Supporter

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2004 10:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lol you can shoot through most walls, but you'd have to know someone's exact location or get extremely lucky. Hacks cannot change the game, just assist the client or change the look of things. I guess speedhacks are an exception.

The Official TVR Website

Fopp
Song of the Week
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
OpTlk

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2004 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

out of curiousity, what map was it?? If its a well known map, what are some of the spots they were shooting through?? maybe we can try it ourselves and see...

http://www.myspace.com/pvallone
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Shovel me Silly

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2004 10:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Since the ville servers weren't responding tonight I went to a random server and felt like playing switch. Out of pure coincidence Vomish and Pierog were on. Then my friend came on. I was a little better than a 2.0 Kill to death ratio and I got booted. The admin was accusing me of hacking. It happend when i got behind their houses, i took an mg42, dropped down and killed like 5 or 6 before a nade got me. It was pretty hilarious. I couldn't believe the admin seriously thought I was using a hack. It made me feel good inside, and wonder how dumb that admin was.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
kubrick

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2004 10:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shovel Me Silly wrote:
Since the ville servers weren't responding tonight I went to a random server and felt like playing switch. Out of pure coincidence Vomish and Pierog were on. Then my friend came on. I was a little better than a 2.0 Kill to death ratio and I got booted. The admin was accusing me of hacking. It happend when i got behind their houses, i took an mg42, dropped down and killed like 5 or 6 before a nade got me. It was pretty hilarious. I couldn't believe the admin seriously thought I was using a hack. It made me feel good inside, and wonder how dumb that admin was.

Shovel, we all know you use h4x, but we admins just have better ones than you
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Stevo
Ville Supporter
Ville Supporter

PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2004 9:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's why people should learn to play before becoming an admin.

The Official TVR Website

Fopp
Song of the Week
Bonez

PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2004 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It was on anzio most of the time through the wall up by the allies sniper spot above the bridge. They knew exactly where we were from the axis ramp by the spawn every time, and it was always a one shot kill. There were a couple other instances but i forgot and that one was most common. Now i'll take your word that you can shoot through just about any object, but when it's happening in one or two shots and about 1 out of every 2 deaths is like that than it gets a bit fishy. Especially when you have a couple guys with 50:10 K : D ratios, i know i'm not that bad to let something like that happen.
Shovel me Silly

PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2004 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bonez wrote:
It was on anzio most of the time through the wall up by the allies sniper spot above the bridge. They knew exactly where we were from the axis ramp by the spawn every time, and it was always a one shot kill. There were a couple other instances but i forgot and that one was most common. Now i'll take your word that you can shoot through just about any object, but when it's happening in one or two shots and about 1 out of every 2 deaths is like that than it gets a bit fishy. Especially when you have a couple guys with 50:10 K : D ratios, i know i'm not that bad to let something like that happen.

Your clan plays here a lot and you guys are good. You shouldn't get worked that badly. It sounds fishy but I don't know, I wasn't there. Did any of you guys record a demo while playing?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Bonez

PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2004 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Shovel....yeah i was thinking about that as we were playing, but i doubt anyone got a demo. I have FRAPS but i'm not hardcore into this game like some so it's only the unregistered demo version.
Violent Pacifist

PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2004 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've found anzio to be notorious for fishy shots from personal experience. People have shot me through supposedly impossible to shoot through walls too many times for me to remember. They might have been hacking, but yes, you can shoot through a lot of the walls and corners on anzio.

We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> Day of Defeat All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: