FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Electrify your DoD.
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> Day of Defeat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ten

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2004 3:54 am    Post subject: Electrify your DoD. Reply with quote

Hi all, after realizing that "my" soundpack had over 100 downloads and people keep telling in-game that "My scope sprites rule" (which of course I didn't make) I figured I'd put together a swankify-it-all DoD thread.

First, sounds. Sound will help you immensely in game, and there's certain stock DoD sounds that are just horrid. Hideous if you will (... I'm thinking "K98" and "shrill, ear-piercing sound". So download these and try them out if you haven't already. I've altered a few things, so if you already have them you may want to download this slightly improved pack. 90% of this is Vunsunta's work from the DoD forums, I take zero credit for any original work. I'm a talentless waif.

***Download TYS's Soundpack Mark II.

Unzip the downloaded file, cut and paste the files into your "weapons" folder into this directory (if 'weapons' doesn't exist, just make one in this directory):
C:\Program Files\Steam\SteamApps\YOUREMAILADDY\day of defeat\dod\sound\weapons

Since we're talking sounds, this is the thread that I originally posted where you can download win songs - details of what they are can be found there ---> other thread, but come back plz k thx #Fade in

I added a few new ones:

White Zombie - El Phantasmo... - Allied Win

Invasion of the Gabber Toothed Robots - All Your Base Are Belong To Us (<---woo7) Axis Win.

***German Win: Rammstein - Links 2, 3, 4.

***Allied Win: At The Drive-In - Enfilade

***Allied Win: White Zombie - Thunderkiss '65

Unzip each downloaded file, copy and paste them to
C:\Program Files\Steam\SteamApps\YOUREMAILADDY\day of defeat\dod\sound\ambience

Now, for something entirely new: sprites.

In this next file, there are sprites that replace: HUD display, ammo icons, object icons, a crosshair pack (you can toggle them in console, I think there are 12 different ones), player identification halos (which help immensely - much less annoying).

Here's a screenshot of what everything looks like in game if you choose to implement this stuff. (remember, you can always delete it if you don't like it. It'll go back to default).

***Download the sprite pack

Unzip the downloaded file, copy and paste all files to:
C:\Program Files\Steam\SteamApps\YOUREMAILADDY\day of defeat\dod\sprites

- Note - if you like certain sprites in the pack but don't like a couple of the others, just post to ask which file to remove. I could list them right now, but... you know.

Oh, and there's a spectacular scoreboard fix that Rommel has put together for us recently. It fits 32 players (as opposed to... 12 :\) Download Rommel's scoreboard at:

***1024 x 768 resolution

***800 x 600 resolution

These are self-extracting files that Rommel put together, install them to
C:\Program Files\Steam\SteamApps\YOUREMAILADDY\day of defeat\dod\resource

And there you go, I hope you like everything. Thanks for the scoreboard Rommel. #Fade in

Last edited by Ten on Sat May 15, 2004 6:47 pm; edited 3 times in total
Stevo
Ville Supporter
Ville Supporter

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2004 9:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looking good. I'll try them all out and keep the ones I like. Will the scoreboard get messed up is my resolution is higher?

The Official TVR Website

Fopp
Song of the Week
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
powdermilkman
Diplomat

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2004 9:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

100% BS my foot...you can't shovel me ten yard unless i am attacking someone else.

P
Maj. Ding|eberry

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2004 12:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

im not sure but i think a sniper sprite that allows you to see beyond the peripheral of the scope sight is against regulations
Jfet Zener
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2004 12:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maj. Ding|eberry wrote:
im not sure but i think a sniper sprite that allows you to see beyond the peripheral of the scope sight is against regulations

thats what i thought. no one listens to me though =(
Ten

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2004 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Against regulations? No one told me this. Even in the 'sniper scopes' thread no one said anything. I can remove them,
omgshovelyouinthebutt?

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2004 1:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ten Yard wrote:
Against regulations? No one told me this. Even in the 'sniper scopes' thread no one said anything. I can remove them,

that would be for the better
Ten

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2004 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There, removed from the post and zip file. I'm not using them anymore since they apparently do infringe on conventional regulations, I found them at the official DoD forums so I figured otherwise.

Stevo - I have no clue. You could try it out and if it is screwy - just switch it back. The only problem that I can forsee is that the board might be somewhat small (but still completely readable) considering your higher resolution.

PMM - so you're saying it's only 50% BS? You're gonna die old man. #Fade in
Smegma
Ville Supporter
Ville Supporter

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2004 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i`m using the sound pack and love it gatta try the sprite one now

RIP- BlueRuler
Speaker's Xeno

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2004 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i just dled them ill have to try them out

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Speaker's Xeno

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2004 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i tried them out and so far the only thing i dont get is any crosshairs....

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
shovelnose
Ville Supporter
Ville Supporter

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2004 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah i dont have any cross-hairs either.....

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2004 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay... crap. That's unforeseen.

Try typing this code into console:

cl_xhair_style 1 (there are 12 styles in total I think, just replace 1 with a different number to use a different style.)

If that still doesn't work, you can go here: C:\Program Files\Steam\SteamApps\YOUREMAILADDY\day of defeat\dod\sprites

And delete this file: CustomXhair.spr

However, finding a different crosshair that you like can help a lot. I find the default dynamic crosshair to be irritating, it tends to block where you're aiming since it's so fat and constantly moving. The one I use is a small, faint red crosshair.
shockwave
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2004 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ummm ... if changing the sniper scope is not allowed, then why are these custom crosshairs allowed???

Just a question....

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2004 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know that there are specific CAL regulations for what crosshair you can use (it looks like the default one but doesn't move).

You can actually change your crosshair in game with DoD's default files, I believe the code is cl_crosshair 2. It's much smaller, shaped differently and static.

Personally, I think that DoD tried to make the best crosshair that they could with the current default one. Some like it and refuse to change it, but If find it annoying as hell. I guess the sniper sprites gave the user a distinct advantage since peripheral view is enhanced, but crosshairs can't give you any advantage IMO. It's simply what suits your tastes. Changing the current one to the ] . [ 3.1 crosshairs shouldn't be considered cheating IMO, if you look at the top players I imagine that they've got basically everything tailored to suit their tastes.

I simply posted this thread because I find certain aspects of 1.1 to be ugly (weapons sounds, HUD, crosshairs, objective icons) and buggy (player ID halos). I don't intend to give certain players a distinct advantage over others, DoD's dev team aren't necessarily the best programmers to make a game more ergonomic. A large userbase can usually chip in to make the game more aesthetically fit. Anyone who sinks enough time into this game (such as myself) usually ventures to customize it in order to make it that much more tolerable. But if certain admins feel that way then I guess it's okay to toast this thread.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> Day of Defeat All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: