FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Sniper scope question
Goto page 1, 2  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> Day of Defeat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Grunty

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2004 4:50 pm    Post subject: Sniper scope question Reply with quote

How do some people make their axis sniper rifles have the allies crosshair when zoomed in? And is it considered unethical, or is it legit?
Stevo
Ville Supporter
Ville Supporter

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2004 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you look in your sprites folder, you can see the different scopes. What you do it copy the allies scope spr and copy and replace the other scopes. And I'm pretty sure it is okay for you to do this. It doesn't give you much of an advantage and is mostly because of personal preference.

The Official TVR Website

Fopp
Song of the Week
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Grunty

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2004 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

uh, what program can you use to open the sprites?
Jfet Zener
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2004 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i know in cal, its definitely not allowed.
Stevo
Ville Supporter
Ville Supporter

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2004 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grunty wrote:
uh, what program can you use to open the sprites?

You don't need to open them. I guess you need to get it out of one of the old pak file or download them somewhere. Steam keeps them all in a file that I don't know how to open. Once you do get them, you just take the allies scope spr and make copies for each of the other sprites.

The Official TVR Website

Fopp
Song of the Week
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Speaker's Xeno

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2004 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jfet Zener the Great wrote:
i know in cal, its definitely not allowed.

lol cal that is nothing but an a-hole making thing whenever someone gets in cal they think they are teh best...well your not no matter how good u are there are ppl out there better

and teh best isnt the best cause god can just use admin slay command on ur arse and then what ur nothing so #Fist

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Stevo
Ville Supporter
Ville Supporter

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2004 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is cal some clan thing or something? The ville isn't in cal, so there.

The Official TVR Website

Fopp
Song of the Week
Ten

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2004 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CAL is Cyber Athlete League or something. It's where certain clans duke it out and stuff, and nothing is allowed there out of the ordinary, not even stopsound I think.
Simpleman
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2004 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wish I had a dollar for everytime I heard i'm in cal league so I don't do anything wrong quote.
Bright Red Nipples

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2004 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Simpleman wrote:
I wish I had a dollar for everytime I heard i'm in cal league so I don't do anything wrong quote.

Me too . Almost every ban complaint comes with the quote "I am in CAL league so there is no way I was cheating". Too bad you were banned for language .

I don't see any problem with changing sprites around. I did it in TFC because I couldn't see the default ones on certain backgrounds. I just simply used a different color so they were more easily visible for my bad eyes. Sprites will not make your aim any better or make you shoot faster. It will only allow you to see where you are aiming more affectively.

God Bless You Blue Ruler
Ten

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2004 10:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Check out these swankiful scopes that I've been using (the are my h4x)

The Axis rifle

The Allied Rifle

Download the jazz.

And they go into C:\Program Files\Steam\SteamApps\YOUR EMAIL ADDY\day of defeat\dod\sprites
Jfet Zener
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2004 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bright Red Nipples wrote:
Simpleman wrote:

Me too . Almost every ban complaint comes with the quote "I am in CAL league so there is no way I was cheating". Too bad you were banned for language .

I don't see any problem with changing sprites around. I did it in TFC because I couldn't see the default ones on certain backgrounds. I just simply used a different color so they were more easily visible for my bad eyes. Sprites will not make your aim any better or make you shoot faster. It will only allow you to see where you are aiming more affectively.

yeah. that and 'my brother did it'. so you are saying i can change peoples models to ALL RED so i can see them hidden?? eh...eh...?
Shovel me Silly

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2004 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No wonder Ten Yard always sees me when he is sniping with the fg42.

I think I will do the same!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Bright Red Nipples

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2004 11:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jfet Zener the Great wrote:
Bright Red Nipples wrote:
Simpleman wrote:

yeah. that and 'my brother did it'. so you are saying i can change peoples models to ALL RED so i can see them hidden?? eh...eh...?

Actually I was refering to sprites, not models

God Bless You Blue Ruler
Ten

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2004 11:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shovel Me Silly wrote:
No wonder Ten Yard always sees me when he is sniping with the fg42.

I think I will do the same!

I'll still gwnz0r J00.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> Day of Defeat All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: