FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
OMG whats it take
Goto page 1, 2  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> General Ramblings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Speaker's Xeno

PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2004 12:29 am    Post subject: OMG whats it take Reply with quote

hey guys i was just wondering why/how you came to the ville and why you still stay. even if it is obvious just tell me i want to know why you all came here/ or founded this place and why you continue to stay

heres mine.

i found this place on accident surfing the dod servers for a place to play and i dont know how but i kept coming back to here even though originally i didnt even realize i was playing at the same server

then after playing here for what seemed like 3 days...in real time it was more like 2 months. i decided to visit the website that was always popping up

after visiting i went back to playing and didnt come back to the website until the day b4 i signed up. i then registered and have been here ever since i joined about the same time that master and keyes did i think im just a couple days off

as for teh reason i stay besides teh fact that tv rocks teh house and the ppl here are and always will be awsome i feel like this is a 4th home (first being my real home. second school. third work. ) these are the reasons that i stay here and play here now that i have spilled my preverbial guts whats ur reason

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
ROOFCUTTER
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2004 1:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wandered in one day and had my head exploded so many times by JD that I decided to stick around and get even...well that did not workout but I have had a great time tryng

The Forums are the biggest draw. I like to hang out here. I like the servers. I dont like playng other places for some reason. Sure I can visit some but its not the same.

Now when are we going to get a BF vietnam server so life will be complete

THANK YOU EVERYONE...FROM THEN

Last edited by ROOFCUTTER on Sun Apr 04, 2004 10:23 am; edited 1 time in total
Jfet Zener
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2004 1:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ill get a vietnam server up soon...i just need to 'justify' the bandwidth to the person paying for it.

powder was the one who started playing here first. he was like 'omg this place kicks ass and people arent noobs' so i came and played. i played for a while, then got out of dod for a bit. then i came back to it over the summer, i loved theville still, then i came to the website shortly after. shortly after that i was accepted to USV as the spam whore and ive lived up to it ever since. i donated a server around 5 months ago and i became admin, and ive been banning people ever since.

i was never into the forums until i was in USV really. the spamminess really does rub off on ya.
Ten

PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2004 1:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I started playing here around April last year. I got some snazzy ping at TV I and TV IV so I'd usually play at those two places here and there. After a while I noticed that they were indeed retardedly popular and I usually had to wait in order to enter a server.

But then I started playing at a particular server called Fraggers Central and got to know the guys really well. They taught me quite a few things about the game that I probably wouldn't have learned elsewhere. Near the end, one of the admins flipped out on me because I - for some matter of pure coincidence - blocked him about five times in two maps resulting in his death basically every time. I didn't have to leave by any means but I was just seriously put off by what appeared to be a trifling incident. I just decided that the community was too small and tightly knit, and I didn't really enjoy being part of it anymore.

So, I started playing at TheVille regularly and enjoyed the place. Then someone thought it'd be a good idea to gimme a shot at being part of TVB! Bwhaha! Oooo, the DoD 1.2 changelist is up! *post cut short*
5th GHG E.G. Mine

PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2004 2:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Reason for finding The 'Ville: Chan's fault.
Reason for staying at The 'Ville: Everyone else's fault.

Reason for borderline insomnia: My own idiotic fault.
Replica
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2004 3:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

the first time i palyed TFC i palyted it for 12 hours straight, starting at 11 pm... i liekd avanti, and the best pinging server with non stop avanti was... AVANTIVILLE!!! so i played as a not so mentionable name. i alter bought the game for myself a few months later and jsut skimming along i saw a bunch of server called "the ville blah blah" so i thought they were the same as it turns out they were!!!!!. man so i miss those days. ( wtf am i tlaking about i was playing on 56k AOL a the time and still lvoed it? what wasi thinking?)
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2004 7:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

got the game through a friend of mine. first server on the list was theville2, joined it. badabing and meatjuice where on then.

next day joined the same server. and bada and meatjuice both asked me if they could help me. so i registered on the forums and they started helping me out with the basics and changing configs/settings.
Kazebari
Official Mall Ninja

PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2004 7:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bored on summer vacation in China, either '99 or '00. Loaded up CS on my dad's computer. Was curious about the "custom games" option in the CS menu, so I clicked it. Chose Team Fortress Classic.

Skimming down the list, I found a big stack of servers, all called "The Ville." Since I'd see this group of servers every so often, I decided one day to enter it.

BIIIG mistake. I've never been so humbled in my life. I think I had scores of 3-50. Most of my deaths were headshots from a guy named Omega Initiative.

I was frustrated, so I kept coming back. Noticed a website, so I came here. I was immediately freaked out by the big HW and Medic heads (I hadn't seen the new TFC models yet)

After I came back to the States, I was eager to experience a lower ping while on The Ville. Unfortunately, I couldn't find it on the server list and I had forgotten the name of these servers. Uh-oh. After some months, I finally re-discovered it and have never forgotten since.

I pulled some tasteless stunts on the forums and in the servers. (Come on, I was only, like, 10.) And then, right before Frag asked me, Monk, Snaggle, and Chen to join <TVB> in Jan '02, I complained that some people got into TVB before me, even though I had been here longer.

...D'OH! I wanted to stab myself in the face, right then and there.
FragFailure

PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2004 8:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I played and stayed because The Ville had the finest TFC servers there were. I'm gonna try to play DoD a little.

PS: Ten Yard is right. Avril is NOT PUCK. Just because she dresses like one doesn't dispute that you can hear her songs on Adult Contemporary stations.

- PWG member 2001
- TVB founder and leader 2001-2004
- The Ville's Vegas Bashes I-V
- T.V.L. (Ville TFC League)
- The Originator of the Off-Topic Posts
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Stevo
Ville Supporter
Ville Supporter

PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2004 9:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got Half-Life from my grandpa and loaded it up and I wanted to play TFC cause that's the game I played when I went to his house (and I still go there to have some fun LAN games lol). I was searching for servers and I saw 3 servers called TheVille.Org I, II, and III. So then I went to TheVille.Org II and forgot who was on at the time, but it was fun.

After that, I got another game called CS which I thought was fun. I played that for a few months until I got bored. Then I came back to the three servers and discovered that there was 4 servers now. I'm like woah, they got another server. I think I went to TV4 and it had some crazy thing called NEO on it. I'm like woah, this is crazy. It was pretty fun.

I came to the site shortly after that and decided to look around and register at the forum. I saw this one posts with Mr. Kason Allen complaining that he was a n00b and it wasn't true. I got a little annoyed so I made my first post therer saying that we should just stop arguing and own him in TFC.

I got a membership soon after that and had a lot of fun being a part of this place. That's why I stayed.

Well that's my story.

The End

The Official TVR Website

Fopp
Song of the Week
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
omgshovelyouinthebutt?

PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2004 10:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Playing random servers, met the USV guys and loved the team work and fun they had so i decided to play with them as often as possible. They are also what keeps me around.
John Doe
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2004 11:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A few years ago......in a galaxy far far away I was addicted to a map called Turkeyburgers...perhaps you have heard of it?

Well, the best TB server out there was a place called Turkeyburgerville so I started playing there on a very regular basis. I was tired of all the llamas and spawn campers and such and the admins (Robert E. Lee, Cadman and JohnCarterofMars) were great when they were around but they were not around enough at times so I offered to help out. Rob in his wisdom made me an admin about a week before they pulled the plug on Turkeyburgerville.

Shortly after that it became WarpathVille, that didnt fly, then the WON update came out and it became Avantiville....and the rest is history. I have been here forever, I have seen many friends come and go but what I like the most are the friends that have come to the Ville and stayed for so many years.

We have a great community, great people and great fun. If it ever stops being fun I wont be here, but I am always here even if I dont post as much as Roofcutter

JD

PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2004 11:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FragFailure wrote:
I played and stayed because The Ville had the finest TFC servers there were. I'm gonna try to play DoD a little.

PS: Ten Yard is right. Avril is NOT PUCK. Just because she dresses like one doesn't dispute that you can hear her songs on Adult Contemporary stations.

we all know she isnt punk but whats this puck u speak of

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Shovel me Silly

PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2004 11:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I purchased DOD in mid October of last year. It was the first FPS game for the PC I had purchased since Final Doom way back when. I played regularily at an N1CF server because it was just Avalanche and Switch. During Winter break of this year their servers went offline and I went to the ville. I saw it said they had real time stats. So I decided to check it out. After a few days I had gotten the daily award for shovel kills. I just got curious one day and went to the forums and I've never stopped playing here since.

It was realtime stats that got me and the people here that kept me here.

End Communication
Blue Ruler
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2004 1:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I bought half-life right after it came out which was when I got my first pc whenever that was. Played the single player like forever and got borded of it so I thought I'd try this online thingy. I found some dumb game called TFC and downloaded it. Went into the sever list and always picked "quick start" and every once in a while a ville server would pop up, usually avantiville. Well after a few times on it I would go looking for it specifically and try to join but it was normally full and the guys were great compaered to the others I had tried. Every once in a while some goof called ROOFCUTTER would be on and he would sorta take me under his wing and help me out, ya Roof I still remember you as the medic healing my hwy guy. After a few months of playing and trying to get onto ville server I figured I'd check out what they called forums. I got to the forums and registered in Aug 2001 and I'm still here. Aside from all the good people here this place is like another world to me. If I'm in game or in forums it seems to make the real world go away and the real life pressure is totally gone. A game that involves tension and killing is in all reality a relaxant if that makes any sense.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> General Ramblings All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: