FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Battlefield Vietnam
Goto page 1, 2  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> General Ramblings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bright Red Nipples

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2004 9:10 pm    Post subject: Battlefield Vietnam Reply with quote

I went out today to buy the new game that everyone is talking about. Big surprise I can't get the damn thing to work. This has been the biggest waste of money I have had in a long time. Would I recommend anyone else buying it?? I think not

God Bless You Blue Ruler
Mad-Hammer
Ville Supporter
Ville Supporter

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2004 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Without Rubbing Salt Into The Wounds, BRN, What Was The Major Malfunction With The Game? I Was Plannin On Buying This Game Sometime In The Next Few Days And Any Information You Could Give Might Save Me And Others A Chunk Of Change.

PS: I Feel Your Pain. The Last 3 Games I've Purchased Lately Have Been Bitter Disappointments In One Form Or Another.

When The Only Tool You Have Is A Hammer, Everything Else Looks Like A Nail....
ROOFCUTTER
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2004 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

you had problems with bf 1942 desert combat too on your old machine???

Is there anything in common between the two.?

I have installed on two machines without a hitch. I have not seen any mass complaints in the vietnam forums???

did you turn off your anti virus programs first?
Bright Red Nipples

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2004 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My biggest bitch is the problems with the video. Almost as if it is running at 5 fps. Really glitchy with lines running thru the damn thing. I have this with no other game, including bf42 and dc. I don't understand why I would have to mess with so much stuff just to get a game to be playable.

Getting into a server is another issue. It takes me 10 fricken minutes to find a server that allows me to get in. I update the list and it shows 25/32. I go to join the game right away and it takes forever for it to load so by the time it is ready to load it says server is full. My machine is anything but slow BTW so there is no reason for this lag to boot into a game.

For those that don't know here are the specs on my machine here

I will not buy another game by EA Games till they decide to pull their heads out of the asses and make something that is even close to compatible with what I have

God Bless You Blue Ruler
Psychotic

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2004 9:46 pm    Post subject: ! Reply with quote

You hafta run Catalyst 3.8 or 4.1 (4.3 is current) to get it to work with the 9800. Once you step back with the drivers you will get over 100 fps.

www.atitech.com

This is one of the biggest bitches with the game right now. The game rocks, now I have the right drivers running!!!

P.S. It's all my fault!
kubrick

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2004 9:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I also Have a 9800 pro. You have to go into the ATI control panel or right click the desktop go to-->properties-->settings-->advanced-->3d tab Make sure you click the box for custom settings and then click the custom button.

Under the Anti-aliasing and the anisotropic filtering make sure that the application preference box is checked, This cleared up the video glitches for me. I can't do anything about the slow load times when you connect though, but it's the same as BF 1942 and desert combat.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
[HALO]MasterChief

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2004 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i havnt had to many problems with it. just some graphics glitches. but the fix that strong bad said fixed that. but in all reality that should not of even happen on my machine either.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2004 10:13 pm    Post subject: Re: ! Reply with quote

Psychotic wrote:
You hafta run Catalyst 3.8 or 4.1 (4.3 is current) to get it to work with the 9800. Once you step back with the drivers you will get over 100 fps.

www.atitech.com

This is one of the biggest bitches with the game right now. The game rocks, now I have the right drivers running!!!

P.S. It's all my fault!

I can't even find those drivers that you are talking about. All I can find is 4.3

God Bless You Blue Ruler
ROOFCUTTER
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2004 10:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ahhh a ati problem....hehe well we have nvida....ok I know its not the best...but it works....
powdermilkman
Diplomat

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2004 10:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah i had some issues but the guys at EA were very helpful with me and got them resolved fast...maybe call them up BRN...but i think this is a video driver issue make sure everything is up to date and that you have the proper video card to do this. Its a graphic intense game with all the fast motion of the helicopter and everything. Look i promise once you get into the game you will love it...it is awesome...i adore it...and playing it has seriously taken some time away from DOD and messed up my DOD skills. Just give it some more time BRN and keep working away at it.

Powder
[HALO]MasterChief

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2004 10:16 pm    Post subject: Re: ! Reply with quote

Bright Red Nipples wrote:
Psychotic wrote:

www.atitech.com

P.S. It's all my fault!

I can't even find those drivers that you are talking about. All I can find is 4.3

this should be it.
http://www.atitech.com/support/products/radeonwinxppreviousdrivers.html
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2004 11:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was reading a review about the game and as far as getting into a server the person was saying anything with 512MB of ram and a 128MB video card said it would take some time. 1gig of memory and a 256MB card they said there wasn't much of a difference in loading times for the server.
Bright Red Nipples

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2004 12:00 am    Post subject: Re: ! Reply with quote

[HALO]Master_Chief wrote:
Bright Red Nipples wrote:
Psychotic wrote:

www.atitech.com

P.S. It's all my fault!

this should be it.
http://www.atitech.com/support/products/radeonwinxppreviousdrivers.html

That's the ticket Chief, TY. I spent some time trying to find them and came up with nothing.

God Bless You Blue Ruler
Bright Red Nipples

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2004 12:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Update:

Drivers set back to 4.1
Made the settings suggested by Strongbad

This seems to take care of most of the glitches except for some serious shadowing now. Whenever I move I get really bad shadowing which makes shooting anything almost impossible. I have looked at every setting from the drivers, video card, and monitor and can't figure this one out.

These bastards should be paying me to play their damn game with all the work I have had to do so far

I'm off to bed since I am pissed beyond all belief. Their tech support will probably be hanging up on me in the morning!!

God Bless You Blue Ruler
Jfet Zener
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2004 12:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

this is any i usually buy games at EB. they take stuff back.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> General Ramblings All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: