FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Bar Accuracy and recoil
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> Day of Defeat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ten

PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2004 12:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think hackers necessarily need to write up their own code to establish hacks for DoD, they're already designed to be implemented in a more simplistic way.

The more I play, the more I learn about the physical mechanics of the game the less I suspect anyone of hacking. During the first few months as a noob when I was about 1.15 K : D, I was convinced that EVERYONE hacks. It doesn't seem natural to get killed when you know that you shouldn't have. But what did I do? I gave myself the name Ten Yard Stare because I couldn't hit anything that wasn't ten yards away from me. I was humble about it and I didn't freak out and lip off people in game constantly especially on a server where I felt the most at home. A place where I wanted to stay and enjoy my games.

I thought that (a certain BAR user with a 2.70 K : D) was the biggest hack in the world until I learned how to use the BAR. Then I just realized that he's got skills. Hacking alone couldn't make someone that skilled, aware and that cleverly mobile. You think "... F*** THAT, that's impossible!! HAAAX!11!".

Getting owned does happen, people need to realize this. They also need to stop calling people names and let the complaint department know about it. They'll get to the bottom of it, if they find that person hacks, you win. If they find that you're wrong - then it's seriously time to shut up about it.

This post has been brought to you by one certain individual.
Paddyjack

PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2004 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ten Yard wrote:

Getting owned does happen, people need to realize this. They also need to stop calling people names and let the complaint department know about it. They'll get to the bottom of it, if they find that person hacks, you win. If they find that you're wrong - then it's seriously time to shut up about it.

This post has been brought to you by one certain individual.

True, however, catching somebody hacking on this game is very difficult, even for admins. Clever people use sounds to guess at incomings, or their brains and experience to know what is happening farther on the way. There is actually one guy here on TheVille servers that succeeded to convince me he was hacking the other day, and since then, I simply leave the server and go to another one when I see him.

Unfortunately, I was not recording a demo that day, because this one would have been 100% full proof.

Rock2..... JUST SAY NO!!!!!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Ten

PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2004 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, well lets not pretend we're not talking about the same guy when I said 2.70 K : D and the person who's currently convincing you.

Now this guy just confuses me. It's either he's just that good or that he's just a hack. Personally, I'm 31 and 35 against him and I've got a couple shovel kills on him (holy did I ever take a screenshot of those), and I most of my deaths were because I simply lost a firefight. I would suggest that someone should spectate for a good while and record a demo.
pat sajak

PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2004 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

viva la frank
Shovel me Silly

PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2004 10:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pat sajak wrote:
viva la frank

Frank is your evil twin!

Viva la shovel!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Ten

PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2004 10:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What??!! Who said anything about Frank?

Now that everyone's jumping to conclusions, here's my best accomplishment in a year of DoD:

But regardless, I still don't really like the guy, he's very mean and a poor sportsman. But he's not nearly as mean as the other guy I'm always bitching about.
Mr.Vomish

PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2004 10:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

C N D A

Tee hee hee........

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2004 1:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ten Yard wrote:
But regardless, I still don't really like the guy, he's very mean and a poor sportsman. But he's not nearly as mean as the other guy I'm always bitching about.

I read the forums too

I don't know what i did to you, but i like you, and theres nothing you can do to stop that.

Unless you act like ShadowKing
Jfet Zener
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2004 1:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ten Yard wrote:

no need to trash talk, eh?
Frank Sajak

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2004 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Paddyjack wrote:

True, however, catching somebody hacking on this game is very difficult, even for admins. Clever people use sounds to guess at incomings, or their brains and experience to know what is happening farther on the way. There is actually one guy here on TheVille servers that succeeded to convince me he was hacking the other day, and since then, I simply leave the server and go to another one when I see him.

Unfortunately, I was not recording a demo that day, because this one would have been 100% full proof.

Paddy, i know exactly what you talking about...the game of anzio, when you mp40'd me in the back from 3 feet, and managed to miss, or maybe not register. I then proceeded to turn around tear you apart with my BAR. I have it recorded in demo, and from FRAPS, maybe sometime ill post it, if i ever get webspace, or sometime ill send it to you.

I still marvel at it.
Ten

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2004 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

edit

Last edited by Ten on Sun Jan 23, 2005 5:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
Frank Sajak

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2004 8:05 pm    Post subject: Oh Ten Yard...Oh... Reply with quote

Some day you will learn how to play Dod...and that day is now.

1) Whine about campers
2) Brag when you kill a camper
3) Camp AS much as possible...well, maybe not that much...ok, at least not with MG's or snipers.

Any time I say "CAMPERZ!!1!1!" it really should be ignored, as i turn around and camp. But like i says, thats how you play Dod effectivley.
Azrael

Location: Cuba, you got someting to say about dat mang!?!? Guild: TVB

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2004 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Frank Sajak wrote:

Paddy, i know exactly what you talking about...the game of anzio, when you mp40'd me in the back from 3 feet, and managed to miss, or maybe not register. I then proceeded to turn around tear you apart with my BAR. I have it recorded in demo, and from FRAPS, maybe sometime ill post it, if i ever get webspace, or sometime ill send it to you.

I still marvel at it.

Strangely, I had one of those happen to me today, which was cool, as I never get cool things like that when people try to kill me. Usually, I end up spraying more than praying, and sending a right powerful shot straight into an evil wall or something nearly as deserving.
pat sajak

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2004 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i watched the video of paddy shooting frank, about 25 times, and every time i giggled like an asian schoolgirl, kekekekeke
Ten

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2004 10:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dunno, I like everyone being happy in game and I think insults and such degrades the atmosphere and creates a more hostile environment even if they're minor, non-inflammatory or just nit-picks.

To me, other players enjoying the game and being sportsmanlike is more important than how I'm faring that round. I can play like crap and be happy as long as everyone's enjoying themselves. That's what attracted me to The Ville originally, people just seemed to have fun playing the game. I'd rather be a decent player and happy than own and be miserable.

Oh Pat, I can host that demo for you if it's under 10 MB. I almost want to see this because it sounds 1337, I think Paddy does too.

Come to think of it, I've made some ridiculously BS shots in the past while: like making four headshots in a row with one STG clip, blind strafe single round BAR headshots and the popular "woah someone's shooting me in the back" wheel-around take-downs with like .10 sec reaction times. Sometimes you just know you made the hugest fluke and almost want to call BS on yourself.

Last edited by Ten on Mon Mar 15, 2004 10:51 pm; edited 3 times in total
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> Day of Defeat All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: