FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Class Restriction
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> Day of Defeat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
OpTlk

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2004 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im not gonna try to change peoples mind on this subject, but I will say this. I've been playing here 2 years now and im also a paying supporter, but i can unfortunately say that when certain maps load up I either leave or spec for a few because I know the game is just gonna turn into a sniper/mg campfest...which i know some enjoy, but I dont. The most recent map added to my list is Donnor. The last 2 times i've played it i've ended up on Allies and within 10 minutes of the game, there was 8 snipers on my team! I use 'stopsound' so i hear the shots around me more clearly and several times i'd hear many springs firing at the same time with only 1 axis dying, which i can only assume means they all fired at the same person. bleh. As for the mg42 and limits....every played dod_zalec without them?? fortunately its not played here that much for this reason im sure.

for all those people that always snipe or MG, try going towards the bottom of the 'class select' screen for a change and play RANDOM! sometimes your weapon will come up and the other times you can learn a new weapon.

regardless of the limits, im not going anywhere.

http://www.myspace.com/pvallone
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Ten

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2004 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OpTlk wrote:
I use 'stopsound' so i hear the shots around me more clearly and several times i'd hear many springs firing at the same time with only 1 axis dying, which i can only assume means they all fired at the same person.

LOL

Quote:
regardless of the limits, im not going anywhere.

Ditto. #Fade in
Turbo!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2004 10:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

anyone notice that in pat sajak's post he basically admitted to spawn camping? Its on page 1 if anyone wants to take a second look.

*Props to Mad-Hammer on the Sig*

R.I.P. Blue: Gone But Never Forgotten
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
shockwave
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2004 10:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jfet Zener the Great wrote:
Ten Yard wrote:
SilverOne, you are a true 21st century Jesus. Thanks dood.

jebus

Save me jebus!!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2004 11:11 pm    Post subject: turbo.. Reply with quote

i was referring to Ssgt. AJ not myself turbo, I don't play axis...everytime I have played with him he has set up an mg outside the allied spawn, when i say the word 'you' it was in response to his post, not speaking on myself doing that lame shit.
Blue Ruler
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2004 12:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

IMHO all ville DOD servers are meant to be fun only. I'm convinced that they are as popular as they are because of no limits on any class. So to change them would get a big no vote from me.
On a side note, Pat just because AJ happens to enjoy the game his way dosn't mean that he is a lame shit. He has just as much right to play the game the way he wants to as you do. Maybe if you are both on server at the same time you should move to another that way you wouldn't get upset and you wouldn't have to witness what you see as lame shit playing.

Last edited by Blue Ruler on Fri Mar 12, 2004 12:19 am; edited 1 time in total
Violent Pacifist

PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2004 12:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry blue, I'll only say "old guy who thinks he owns" from now on

We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams.
Speaker's Xeno

PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2004 2:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok ive kept quiet for a page and a half but now i must say my piece...first vp no ur wrong on all accounts...why u ask well thats simple its because i disagree wit u on everything

as for Jfet Jebus wont save u until he pays me that $50 he owes me back when i walked wit his as an apostle...stupid greedy b@st@rd always talking about his dad but what about us apostle who walked wit him for nothing...i didnt even get any booty

Blue i agree wit u on that one(ur post for anyone who is confused...like vp )

but regardless of what happens im not going anywhere and never will be...stupid warrant on my head...i mean u guys are great and wouldnt turn me in *looks for nearest door* bye *runs*

but blue i do have one questions if someone sets a mg up outside of spawn isnt that considered spawn camping or is it jsut spawn babysitting

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Jfet Zener
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2004 3:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Speaker for the Dead wrote:
as for Jfet Jebus wont save u

shock was the one who said he would save. i just said jebus.

Speaker for the Dead wrote:
but blue i do have one questions if someone sets a mg up outside of spawn isnt that considered spawn camping or is it jsut spawn babysitting

i think its fair game as long as the people you kill have the chance to talk around and possibly choose another spawn exit before you see them, and you couldnt possibly kill them right as they spawn.
SilverOne
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2004 7:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

haha I like that spamometer

I hope you'll never catch me That way im in your sig for awile!
pat sajak

PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2004 10:50 am    Post subject: blue Reply with quote

blue, i wouldn't think of going to another server when he is on, because people like that are the most satisfying kills, i can smash an mg42 whores face with my stock and i am riding high for half an hour !!!111!!!1...he is entitled to play however he likes, granted there is an mg42 spot open now! i was just informing whoever turbo is that i was not talking about myself in that post. And Silverone, playing with an mg42 limit has been like a whole new game, i haven't gotten angry and left since you put it on. frank went axis on avalanche one time and said there were 4 people spamming their chat saying 'i want an mg' 'someone let me be mg.' i found that funny, and it goes to show how bad of a problem it really was. I love you.
Speaker's Xeno

PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2004 11:17 am    Post subject: Re: blue Reply with quote

pat sajak wrote:
blue, I love you.

someone who actually doesnt want to kill blue i never thought i would see that *faints and passes away* <----going to hell

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
pat sajak

PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2004 11:31 am    Post subject: bah Reply with quote

bah speaker, I said i love Silverone, theres nothing I love more than sending Blue to an early grave.
Ten

PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2004 11:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

:O Damn, I can't wait to play this so called "whole new game" tonight.

In my opinion, class limits do the following miracles:

1) Removes a limited degree of the Axis advantage present in 1.1 (look at any server's Axis vs. Allies kills/victories) - less MG's.

2) Really show who the campers are, and hopefully shame them into actually playing the game another way. When you see someone hogging a certain "immobile" class game after game out of fear that he won't be able to assume that class... you've spotted 'em. For me, I have a hard time respecting a player if all he does is hides and snipes from a bell tower near his team's second flag game after game or spends 90% of the game prone or hunched over a sandbag. When there's more players learning how to play all corners of the game - game quality will increase dramatically.

3) Class limits favour the players who tend to be dangerously mobile. Snipers won't be making as many kills nor will MG's, the mobile players will be able to kill them off much easier when there's only 3 players trying to pick them off from up high or accross the map as opposed to seven surrounding the entire area.
Mr.Vomish

PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2004 12:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I couldnt diagree with you more Ten Yard. What you call camping, I call a startegy. Just because a person likes to snipe or spray your carcass with MG-42 bullets doesn't mean that they are scum of the Earth. If they are camping then let them. Its their choice. As for the class restrictions on TV4 I also dislike that. The fact is that all Ville servers are famous and fun, like Blue said, because they don't restrict players from choosing their favorite weapons, be it a Springfield or a 30-cal. Telling people that there can't be more than 3 Mgs on a map is like telling someone in Gran Turismo that only 2 Toyota Supras can enter a race. Its absurd. LET PEOPEL PLAY WITH THEIR WEAPON OF CHOICE. If you find yourself on a ville sever that has 10 Allied snipers and 10 Allied Mgs vs. 10 Axis snipers and 10 Axis Mgs then simply leave or go spec. This case is higly unlikely since 20 palyers are most likely bound to select different classes based on personal preferences. Until such a situation occurs, just respect other peoples choices and gameplay. I admit that I sometimes find myself irritated when being killed by the same MG in the same spot 4 times in a row. But the fact is, the Allmighty Lord hath granted me reason to find a way to whack the silly camper with my spade on the consecutive try.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> Day of Defeat All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5

Jump to: