FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Kapusta for governor of California! (Or admin...
Goto page Previous  1, 2

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> Day of Defeat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Simpleman
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2004 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ten Yard wrote:
Being noob sucks. Everyone sucks as a noob, that's just how it is.

I started playing last April (... which makes me a uber noob since v1.0 was the first DoD I played). I didn't make it to 1.0 K : D until about August. Right when I thought I cleared the tall, toxic fence that is noobitity, I was far from it. I think only since around Feburary I can consider myself a non-noob.. although some decisions I make in game I say to myself "OMFG I'm such a noob". :\

My advice to anyone in the noob phase: ditch that damn sniper rifle, DO NOT PRESS Z and pick up something heavy. Learning how to be effectively mobile and to control recoil (when moving, standing and crouched) are the two most important skills. You'll be 2.0 K : D in no time with autos (or get your money back)

I want my money back
Stevo
Ville Supporter
Ville Supporter

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2004 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Simpleman wrote:
Ten Yard wrote:
Being noob sucks. Everyone sucks as a noob, that's just how it is.

I started playing last April (... which makes me a uber noob since v1.0 was the first DoD I played). I didn't make it to 1.0 K : D until about August. Right when I thought I cleared the tall, toxic fence that is noobitity, I was far from it. I think only since around Feburary I can consider myself a non-noob.. although some decisions I make in game I say to myself "OMFG I'm such a noob". :\

My advice to anyone in the noob phase: ditch that damn sniper rifle, DO NOT PRESS Z and pick up something heavy. Learning how to be effectively mobile and to control recoil (when moving, standing and crouched) are the two most important skills. You'll be 2.0 K : D in no time with autos (or get your money back)

I want my money back

So do I. Give us our money back Ten Yard!

The Official TVR Website

Fopp
Song of the Week
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Violent Pacifist

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2004 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ten Yard wrote:

Preach on brotha! One thing I cannot stand in dod is the amount of noob snipers. They take up spots on your team, then camp for 30 minutes, and finish with a score of 10-7. Not only that, but many of them refuse to switch classes, even if your team already has 4+ other snipers. Being a sniper is easy enough, but being an intelligent snipers that knows when to strike and when to camp is a bit harder to do. If you're not an experienced player, you'll most likely annoy and hurt your team by playing sniper. Have fun with the autos and learn the secrets of the game before you take to the scope.

We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams.
Ten

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2004 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hehahahe... Umm

I'll tell you guys what, all you need to do is send me more money and I'll hook you guys up with this spectacular pyramid scheme that no one else fell for. It's not REALLY londering.

But yes, as soon as you learn the mechanics of the game everything else falls into place.
Kapusta

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2004 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

First of all... the only reason my voice sounds like a 12 year old is... Monsta Wabbit is MY lil brother who is 13... Kapusta does NOT sound like a lil 12 year old... im 17 years old... just to clear that up! and yeah... ohh well... i know im not in any of the Ville branches so no admin for me i guess... but... what about a way just to make a vote for a map... not the ability to change the map but just to vote for a new map if everyone would want to switch it to... just asking... see ya on the server... and VTec... u dont own me... please... dont lie to urself! lol
Jfet Zener
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2004 10:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kapusta wrote:
i know im not in any of the Ville branches so no admin for me i guess...

you dont need to be in a ville group (usv, tvb, tvr) to be an admin, it just usually works out that people will get accepted to one of them first.

Kapusta wrote:
what about a way just to make a vote for a map... not the ability to change the map but just to vote for a new map if everyone would want to switch it to...

if you want to get mapvotes, supporters have that ability i think (ok not now cause plugins arent working right...but hopefully warhammer will have it workin by friday)
be supporter here http://www.theville.org/join.php
Stevo
Ville Supporter
Ville Supporter

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2004 6:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

On most servers, the supporters can do votes. TV4 is the only one I know of that doesn't work.

There really are no rules to becoming an admin, it just happens when there is a need for an admin. You basically have to be a trusted person here. Also, the people who have servers here are admins (mostly). If you just want to do votes, then become a Gold member here.

The Official TVR Website

Fopp
Song of the Week
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
vTEC
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2004 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kapusta wrote:
VTec... u dont own me... please... dont lie to urself! lol

Yea im lying ...tee hee hee
Pierog

PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2004 1:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i woudlnt trust kapusta for 1 second

http://www.planethalflife.com/chaosfilms/
#coalitionofchaos on Gamesnet
Stevo
Ville Supporter
Ville Supporter

PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2004 9:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stop bringing up old posts. #Fade in

The Official TVR Website

Fopp
Song of the Week
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> Day of Defeat All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: