FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Stuff on tv2
Goto page 1, 2  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> General Ramblings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
KillerRoofcutter
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2004 7:44 pm    Post subject: Stuff on tv2 Reply with quote

On tv2 There are always people cussing alot and breaking the rules. And there are like no admins that ever play there except silverone who plays like once a week lol. So I was wondering if any admins could play ns more because there is alot of cussing going on there and noone will listen to me or pebbles or anyone on that server. So I was just wondering.

P.S.

Where did the NS forum go?

PICKACHU GOT OWNED!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
kubrick

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2004 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was on a lot this weekend and banned about 4 people for language issues. YPAWOM banned a few this weekend too.

I'm usually on in the evening, but unfortunatley I gotta work during the day
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Gamepro65

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2004 11:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes this is getting pritty bad, i know what KRC is talking about. We try and "calm" them down but it doesnt work too well with some people ya know? Ya strongbad was on a shizload killing me left and right and i rember that MY MINES kid that came on it was fun at frist but got annoying later on thank you Strongbad . But if we could please get more admins in there or make somone that does play alot an admin (i know long process but this is a hypothetical) that would be great.

DJ George
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2004 12:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, if all goes well, me 30 day trail peroid with TV 12 is about up (either today or tommorrow. All goes well I will have admin. But I will vouch, language in 3.0 is bad, most servers have to have an admin on always because of what they refer to as the "CS spill over"
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
YourPowersAreWeakOldMan

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2004 2:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah I've banned about 7 or 8 in the past few days. I and Rata play enough I think. There are sooo sooo many llamas on there that I would end up having to kick most everyone in the game so I have been going soft on certain things for now. Also there is a total lack of respect for anyone on there, I haven't been throwing my weight around much, and I wish that Steam had a simpler Ban panel so I could enact bans faster like I used to in adminmod....The damn thing should assume I mean the ban is permenant, and typing in a reason every time is just adds to it. I just want to go "amx_ban Idiot" and Pow! they're gone. So I wouldn't be spending half the game just trying to get 2 or 3 guys banned and then explaining it to some people what the rules are.
DaKon
Ville Supporter
Ville Supporter

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2004 2:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Powers, see if you have access to amx_banmenu and amx_kickmenu. It makes life a lot simpler.

DK
YourPowersAreWeakOldMan

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2004 2:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nope, those commands are not recognized.
DaKon
Ville Supporter
Ville Supporter

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2004 2:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ahh..i looked and the server needs meta mod v1.17.0a. The one the server is using now (1.17.0) is not too compatible with NS and amx with ns.

DK
YourPowersAreWeakOldMan

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2004 2:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was just looking through amxmod site and was seeing all the nice cool stuff we could have for the TV2 server, like amx_t to send people to the other team if they stack or unbalance. AMX_slayteam doesn't work either.
Bright Red Nipples

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2004 3:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DK wrote:
Powers, see if you have access to amx_banmenu and amx_kickmenu. It makes life a lot simpler.

DK

The new ban system we are using does not work with the ban menu. Unfortanately it is required to do it the way Powers decribed it. It is a pain to have to go thru all that in game but when complaints come up about being banned it is incredibly useful to check the banlist and know exactly why they were banned. All in all it has made things much more efficient in dealing with complaints.

I do know that the kickmenu is in use on the DOD servers. That is a godsend when dealing with people. It has allowed me to actually spend more time playing then admining. I wish the banmenu worked the same but I can live with what we have. The benefits have definately been worth the time spent in game.

God Bless You Blue Ruler
kubrick

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2004 3:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

By all means please add me to your steam friends list and send a msg if you are having problems with any players and no admins are on. igorp66@yahoo.com

my aim id is also igorp66. I'm on aim all day at work and usually in #theville irc channel as well.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Jfet Zener
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2004 10:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

you can IM me on icq (5061075) or msn (jfetzener@hotmail.com) or steam if you can get it working....i cant (my steam email is jfetzener@email.com).

even though im not a big NS player, im always big on bannin some llamas!!
Gamepro65

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2004 11:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks guys, not to stear off topic, but jfet is that kitty the same one as BRN's in his sig? lol just thought of it n was wonderin

KillerRoofcutter
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2004 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yea i see rata tat tat every once in a while when i am just looking to see who is in the game. The thing about people not respecting anyone is tru. Some people even have their names dissing others. I really think that we should make a couple of the villuns that play there like every day like Pebbles or Gamepro they play everyday like me an NS admin. Or at least give someone that plays alot just kick or ban power. And all of the llamas must know who and who is not admin because when i am on with rata or someone that is admin there is not one being rude or anything the second they leave some llama comes in with a bad name and starts calling everyone things... So just my 2 cents. Cya round and hope we can get this thing settled

BTW... I have become a pro japeneze kamikaze pilot with skulk lol

PICKACHU GOT OWNED!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Jfet Zener
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2004 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gamepro65 wrote:
Thanks guys, not to stear off topic, but jfet is that kitty the same one as BRN's in his sig? lol just thought of it n was wonderin

yes. brn and i share the same pussy.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> General Ramblings All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: