FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Bar Accuracy and recoil
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> Day of Defeat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mr.Holiday

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2004 6:49 pm    Post subject: Bar Accuracy and recoil Reply with quote

Hey what's up guys, I've been viewing certain individuals whom I have filed complaints about. Maybe I'm wrong, or maybe I'm right. But does anyone else notice certain people who seem to have almost no recoil with the BAR and are able to have 100% accuracy from a distance. Hmmmm it really is suspicious and I'm not the only one who thinks so. If you could check out the players i listed in complaints that'd be just awesome.
Gurrg

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2004 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Only admins can see your complaints, everyone here can see this, so filing a complaint is enough, but i'm sure they're checking into it, they always figure something out.

The Ville-Addict----BR Site \/
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Ten

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2004 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When you spectate you can't see the proper recoil, it isn't emulated exactly as it is with the person playing. You have to actually be playing in order to see your screen jump around.

The BAR is astoundingly accurate, as long as you have the ability to aim and control its recoil you can toast people from a distance. I'm not sure what "100%" accuracy means for you, I suggest that you check out their profiles to see what their accuracy really is.
Frank Sajak

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2004 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pat, Rico, and I will keep an eye out for them.
Shovel me Silly

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2004 10:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Frank Sajak wrote:

It wouldn't surprise me if he put some of the sajaks in his list. I don't play here as much as Mr. Holiday, but I haven't seen anyone doing any wall hacking or any kind of cheating.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Bright Red Nipples

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2004 10:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We admins are keeping a close eye out. Whether it be a complaint or being in game ourselves. Most times there is an admin on the servers. I rarely play with my regular name anymore as we get more regs playing than pubbers. Trust me when I say we are on top of it

God Bless You Blue Ruler
AMBUSH BVA

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2004 10:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I put Vasoline on my bullets to make them go faster.
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2004 11:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AMBUSH BVA wrote:
I put Vasoline on my bullets to make them go faster.

kinky...
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2004 11:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Frank Sajak wrote:

How are you going to watch yourself? tee hee hee...j/k

but yea..i've been in the servers for hours at times and i do come across the occasional llamas wall hackers and nade buggers..i've seen them all...any one wants to try any of these things with me on watch they wont get away with it
CanadianSoldier

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2004 7:45 am    Post subject: Re: Bar Accuracy and recoil Reply with quote

Mr.Holiday wrote:
Hey what's up guys, I've been viewing certain individuals whom I have filed complaints about. Maybe I'm wrong, or maybe I'm right. But does anyone else notice certain people who seem to have almost no recoil with the BAR and are able to have 100% accuracy from a distance. Hmmmm it really is suspicious and I'm not the only one who thinks so. If you could check out the players i listed in complaints that'd be just awesome.

I almost always use the B.A.R as I only play on the Allies teams I in fact seldom ever play Axis in fact I will leave a server if I cant get onto the Allies team.

Anyhow the B.A.R Kicks badly but I have been using it solid for almost 2 years now and had to spend good money for a new optical mouse I also purchased a Draftsman's Mouse pad it has a hard none reflective surface designed for optical mouse.

The B.A.R most certainly should kill anything it hits at long range I mean the bullets could travel 8000 Yards before they ran out of gas.

In real life it required special training for the guy using it because you got one B.A.R per squad or platoon of 12 guys and perhaps up to 2 .30 Cal machine guns.

I pull down on the mouse I cant say hard or soft as you get a feel for it but I almost always drop into a squat to shoot because standing up you cant hit anything at all. The Germans with Kar98 Rifles eat you when you run with a B.A.R my states show I die most from Kar98 shots.

If you know when to squat and parts of the map good to prone for a few seconds or have an idea where the Germans are you can do well with the B.A.R.

I love lying in the middle of the street on Avalanche with the B.A.R no tripod and shooting the guy out of the W crack then slide left and cap out the double windows if you get lucky and reload you can slide further left and drop both the sniper and the MGer always present on the Balcony over the Germans 2nd last flag in the back right hand corner of the map.

In WWII the B.A.R was even place in small gun emplacements 2 of them side by side and used to chew up small vehicles on a road-way or even a light tank if you could see into an open hatch.

The reason it has such a short clip is because of the size of the round it fires. In reality any one slug from a B.A.R would chop arms and legs off causing immediate death. Torso or head shots well You would need a week to find the guys internal organs or his head!!

The problem in Day Of Defeat is you seem to have to use half or all the clip to kill some of these German guys that ignore bullets...........Even if you set-up on the bi-pod and prone and the guy runs right at you and perhaps does not see you right away it gets a little annoying after you put a clip into him then he Kar98 shoots you but smoke is coming out his eyes from eating a hot clip of B.A.R.
Dekar

PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2004 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guys, pay no attention to Mr. Holiday, I live in residence with him, he's such a whiner!! "OMG how did that guy kill me", "WHAT?! WHERE IS HE?!"
It's funny to listen to, he dies while hes camping heheh!!
From what I've seen on the servers, no one is illegitamate, maybe at first one would think so, but after observing some of these players on Holiday's "list", I'm sure you'd find they just know what they are doing. After all, practice doesn't make perfect, perfect practice makes perfect!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Ten

PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2004 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

On Caen, those who camp prevail. Those who camp anywhere else get a shovel to the mouth or a body full of BAR rounds. That's basically all there is to it.
Mr.Holiday

PostPosted: Sat Mar 13, 2004 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey dekar i've been camping an awful lot today just for you buddy, if you'll notice ..ive surpassed you on the points list. It's amazing what camping your own first flag and 426 sniper kills in 5 days will do to a man's score. LOL . Dekar this Bud's for you!
CanadianSoldier

PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2004 5:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dekar wrote:
Guys, pay no attention to Mr. Holiday, I live in residence with him, he's such a whiner!! "OMG how did that guy kill me", "WHAT?! WHERE IS HE?!"
It's funny to listen to, he dies while hes camping heheh!!
From what I've seen on the servers, no one is illegitamate, maybe at first one would think so, but after observing some of these players on Holiday's "list", I'm sure you'd find they just know what they are doing. After all, practice doesn't make perfect, perfect practice makes perfect!

Am I on his list I kill him all the time and I only use the B.A.R and I also would like to point out that you say residence (In Residence) ? As in School college dorm room or University campus ?

I have a few guys and their IP numbers on a short list as well for other reasons. To many of them with no ethics that are job related or could cost them their livelihood take what they learn in computer science and abuse that knowledge in online gaming.

Yes!! I have a short list too. I also have more degrees in computer related sciences then most gamers have colours of nail polish.

Let him wine at least he's not a hacker. Hackers get paid the special visit
Paddyjack

PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2004 10:15 am    Post subject: Re: Bar Accuracy and recoil Reply with quote

CanadianSoldier wrote:
Mr.Holiday wrote:

I almost always use the B.A.R as I only play on the Allies teams I in fact seldom ever play Axis in fact I will leave a server if I cant get onto the Allies team.

Anyhow the B.A.R Kicks badly but I have been using it solid for almost 2 years now and had to spend good money for a new optical mouse I also purchased a Draftsman's Mouse pad it has a hard none reflective surface designed for optical mouse.

The B.A.R most certainly should kill anything it hits at long range I mean the bullets could travel 8000 Yards before they ran out of gas.

In real life it required special training for the guy using it because you got one B.A.R per squad or platoon of 12 guys and perhaps up to 2 .30 Cal machine guns.

I pull down on the mouse I cant say hard or soft as you get a feel for it but I almost always drop into a squat to shoot because standing up you cant hit anything at all. The Germans with Kar98 Rifles eat you when you run with a B.A.R my states show I die most from Kar98 shots.

If you know when to squat and parts of the map good to prone for a few seconds or have an idea where the Germans are you can do well with the B.A.R.

I love lying in the middle of the street on Avalanche with the B.A.R no tripod and shooting the guy out of the W crack then slide left and cap out the double windows if you get lucky and reload you can slide further left and drop both the sniper and the MGer always present on the Balcony over the Germans 2nd last flag in the back right hand corner of the map.

In WWII the B.A.R was even place in small gun emplacements 2 of them side by side and used to chew up small vehicles on a road-way or even a light tank if you could see into an open hatch.

The reason it has such a short clip is because of the size of the round it fires. In reality any one slug from a B.A.R would chop arms and legs off causing immediate death. Torso or head shots well You would need a week to find the guys internal organs or his head!!

The problem in Day Of Defeat is you seem to have to use half or all the clip to kill some of these German guys that ignore bullets...........Even if you set-up on the bi-pod and prone and the guy runs right at you and perhaps does not see you right away it gets a little annoying after you put a clip into him then he Kar98 shoots you but smoke is coming out his eyes from eating a hot clip of B.A.R.

I can only agree with what he said

The BAR is the most frightening weapon of the game. The first round it shot is like a sniper shot, it flies true, after that, the recoil kicks in, however, if you squat while shooting, the first 3-4 rounds are not too bad. Thus, you have to learn to control yourself and fire in short burst of 3-4, putting back your gun in position for another burst.

Rock2..... JUST SAY NO!!!!!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> Day of Defeat All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: