FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Crowbar Fool
Goto page 1, 2  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> General Ramblings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kjeldorian Royal Guard 42

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2002 4:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm sure you all noticed me running around like an idiot with my crowbar out yesterday. I was doing this to prove a point. The point was, it's been too serious here the past week or so. I thought people needed a laugh. And some did laugh. However, I screwed up. Aparently I angered some people by taking away from their game. For this I am sorry. It was not my intention to piss anyone off or spoil anyone's gameplay. I was just being silly.

In here lies a lesson. Your fun is pointless if others are not having fun. Hey, I'm learning. Slowly. Always be aware of how others view your actions. Always be aware of how your actions effect others. Once again, if I pissed anyone off or ruined your game, I apologize.

=US-V= Member/Event Coordinator - Retired
<eVa> Founding Father/Leadership/Webmaster - Retired
Ville Admin - Retired
FingerDemon

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2002 6:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

KRG,

I wasn't there, but I don't see why you using a crowbar would ruin anyone's game? The crowbar is a legal TFC weapon and you can use it if you want to, in my book. Nobody has a right to tell you what weapon to use. Of course if you are hogging a sniper or engy spot, I could understand a defense being... disappointed. But soldier or medic or something? No harm, no foul. If I see you out there, you can be sure I will be willing to go a few steel clanging rounds with you.

FingerDemon

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2002 7:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thx Demon I appreciate the support. What happened was people just started crowbaring and forgetting about the game that was going on. Then a couple of morons (not us) started spawn camping and of course we got the blame for causing it. Robert rang true,
Quote:
it sucks when you are busting your balls for your team and then you respawn to see a couple people screwing around not helping.

The grudge server was on the conc map so we figured, might as well fight here. It was funny but just not in the right place. I have no ego here. When I am wrong, I say I am wrong and I apologize to everyone.

Ville Admin - Retired
<TVB> $lick

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2002 10:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey KJ, Just let me know when you want to go to grudge again and try out your crowbar, cause i am still undifeated!!! ha ha!!

I got that jump once last night, dont know if i will ever get it again but will try!!

I love u server!!

I love u to $lick
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Albino Gibbon

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2002 11:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was there when the mighty crowbars were singing to the sound of iron against skull. It was all cool with me. What was funny though is, one one of the enemy crowbarer was a demo and he kept saying "if you see a blue demo, don't shoot me". Problem being, they had two demos at a certain point in time. So, was I supposed to try and kill this demo or not? When things are going quickly, I don't usually check to see if he has a crowbar out or not. He kept getting pissed, because a crowbar doesn't match up with a mirv. Then!!!! I realized who the person saying it was, by actually reading the persons name. I didn't try and attack him anymore. He changed to sniper though and I layed off him, only to have him snipe me a few times. I thought I wasn't supposed to kill him!!!! Hehe. The only other problem I saw it caused, was that there was hardly anybody left to kill, because you people were off somewhere else on the map fighting. So, I just sat idle quite a bit. Oh and one of the blue teams player was getting upset. I think he actually wanted to cap the flag. If you people are on again and want to mulch with crowbars, I will set up a server. It will only be a cable connection and not to reliable, but with only two players on, it might be enough.

Albino Gibbon <Runner up to King of the detpack>

[ This Message was edited by: Albino Gibbon on 2002-01-29 11:19 ]
Blown

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2002 11:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heh, I tried to play that crowbar fight with ya once, but I didnt have one, only a knife.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Shootakill

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2002 12:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

chivalry not shivalry. lol
Me and Whykbuul tried to mulch but mulch wasnt on, it was tayconc.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2002 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you are dumb enough to go running through a map with your crowbar out and swinging, you deserve a shot in the head. I recieved many while doing it. It started of with me trashing the offense's unsuspecting snipers. lol! You should have seen them freak out! I mean, no one really crowbars anymore so when I ran up and started slinging the iron, they just froze! I don't know what that "don't shoot me" junk was about, I never said that. I think that's why people put up with me so long because I didn't ask for special treatment on the battle field.

Funniest thing I heard? "lol I owned you again"! This was said to me by a HWG after mowing me down in mid crowbar fight with another demo for the second time. hehe

Best crowbar fighter? It's a toss up between JCOM and $lick. They can sling some mean iron.

Ville Admin - Retired
Twisted29

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2002 1:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was trying very hard NOT to shoot all the crowbar idiots the other day. KRG had inspired a mild cbar war on Well...and I was sitting on my base watching it through a sniper rifle.

Very Tempting

But I do enjoy watching a good crowbar match And believe it or not...I was trying to cover you from all those llamas who would charge in with guns blazing.
Lin Sivvi Defiant Hero

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2002 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I usually am not laid back, and it was weird at first playing with you, I know I did kills you a few times, but after a while (I think I did...) I started to either try and crowbar you, or ignore you (for the sake of not killing you, and letting you have your fun, and me have my fun). I was in no way angred by it, and can't think of how anyone could have been.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2002 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Twisted, yeah I saw you pop a couple coming out the nme door in Well. THX! hehehe I wasted many a poor scout, sniper, and HW there with my iron. Everytime you and I got into it, someone always shot one of us! We will meet again. Perhaps in some dark corner where no one will see. . . . . .or in mulch where iron slingers belong. You guys were all great about it and made it fun for me! Thx

Ville Admin - Retired
Bada Bing

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2002 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Crow bars crow bars crow bars. I love em they are more fun than stink on poop.
But then they are coming to take me away haha whowho hehe
the're coming to take me away. With trees and flowers and chirping birds they are coming to take me away!!!!!!!!

Are you threatening me ???
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2002 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ooooooook.... I won't respond to Bada, but I do have one thing to say.
Don't try to make everyone happy all the time. You will always be leaving someone out.(yourself)
Now dont get me wrong, if you act like an ass you'll be kicked like one. But if you make yourself a bit more cheery, isnt it worth it?
JohnCarterofMars

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2002 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Kjeld, don't let those anti crowbar fools getcha down. I expect alot more crowbar action as the weeks progress especially with the map theme day on TV2.

You can count on me whipping out the crowbar if I see you first!!!

Crowbar crowbar crowbar

View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2002 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JCOM I accept that offer! It's hard to be silly these days without making people angry. That's why I love the shortbus map. That map is just silly! There is a fine line between silly and Llamaism. Crowbaring in mulch is fun but it's just not as silly as doing it in battle! Hopefully people will be more accepting of this behavior on the II server. I'm with Bada on the Funny Farm! Hehe haha hoho!

Ville Admin - Retired
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> General Ramblings All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: