FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Anyone else do incredibly stupid things in DoD?
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> Day of Defeat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ten

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2004 1:07 am    Post subject: Anyone else do incredibly stupid things in DoD? Reply with quote

Or is it just me?

I always look at the name - weapon - name kill identifyer thing and I know that it screws me over. Sometimes in really bad cases when I have a hard time staying focussed, after I make a kill I'll look at the identifyer then I'll say to myself "I'm so 1337 w00t". Then I reload in the middle of the stupidest spot imaginable while replaying the kill in my head - just daydreaming for a second - and then some sniper walks beside me and shoots me four times with his pistol. :\ Shameful.

Stats and scores are a serious pain too. Recently I've been checking my stats here, so and I'm constantly concerned about my ratio in game and holding 'TAB', and instead of playing I'm calculating my K : D ratio. Yep, that's always great until someone shovels me.

But I find that what debilitates me the most is when the other team doesn't allow mobility. If I can get to where I want to go I have a chance of getting a good kill-run in. But if they've got us pinned down at a choke point I may as well have no skills at all. I absolutely suck at "breaking through".

Pulling out my shovel at the stupidest times and thinking "Oh I can take him, he's nothin'" is a good tactic of mine. And then it happens to be cmon! with his BAR... um, yeah. There's just no chance sometimes.

Sometimes I'll chase someone a little too far with my shovel. I can't catch up to him but I have no regard for my own survival. Once I followed an Ally in Anzio from the laundry flag to the plaza flag, I still killed him but I damn well knew that was the stupidest thing I've ever done.
Speaker's Xeno

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2004 1:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i would tell u all the stupid things that i have done/do/still continue to do but it would take forever...lets just say there is a reason i tried to start a suicide clan/cult and there are other reasons why but i will let the others tell u them since i dont feel like writting a couple page post

i have done all the stuff u have done millions of times over

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Bright Red Nipples

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2004 2:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only really bad thing I do in DOD is play. For those that have seen it I'm sure you'll agree. Sometimes I think it would just be easier to go outside and shoot myself, then I might hit something.

God Bless You Blue Ruler
vTEC
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2004 7:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i've done some stupid things on dod...i was part of the suiciders with speaker..lol it was on merderet..we'd jump off of that high church on the allied side..what was great was that we got a whole bunch of allies jumping off of it too..lol

but i'd say the best thing in dod is when you prime a nade then someone decides to stand/prone right infront of you and block you...next thing you know you got another nade suicide kill on yourself.

I LOVE THAT!
Phoenix

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2004 10:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The other day I was priming a grenade, threw it down and I was going to pick it up and the damn thing started to run away from me! When I finally caught the bastard I had to throw it anywhere I could and exploded in mid-air, taking about half my life, dumb nades.
Azrael

Location: Cuba, you got someting to say about dat mang!?!? Guild: TVB

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2004 10:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think about the dumbest thing I do on a regular basis is reloading in the worst possible spots. I'll have like 8 allies coming after me, and I'll hit the stupid reload button. When that happens, I'll usually scream like a girl, try and run away, and then get shot in the back. It keeps the game interesting for me tho
_-=Did It Hurt=-_
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2004 10:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Azrael wrote:
I think about the dumbest thing I do on a regular basis is reloading in the worst possible spots. I'll have like 8 allies coming after me, and I'll hit the stupid reload button. When that happens, I'll usually scream like a girl, try and run away, and then get shot in the back. It keeps the game interesting for me tho

Classic
Its something everyone has done at least once

Cool Sig by KRG. Thx

The Proud, the Few, US-V or The Ville Supporters (V$)!!
[HALO]MasterChief

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2004 10:42 am    Post subject: Re: Anyone else do incredibly stupid things in DoD? Reply with quote

Ten Yard wrote:

Pulling out my shovel at the stupidest times and thinking "Oh I can take him, he's nothin'" is a good tactic of mine. And then it happens to be cmon! with his BAR... um, yeah. There's just no chance sometimes.

Sometimes I'll chase someone a little too far with my shovel. I can't catch up to him but I have no regard for my own survival. Once I followed an Ally in Anzio from the laundry flag to the plaza flag, I still killed him but I damn well knew that was the stupidest thing I've ever done.

oh i've done that many times. well i did/do it with my garand butt
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2004 12:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vTEC wrote:
i was part of the suiciders with speaker..lol it was on merderet..we'd jump off of that high church on the allied side..what was great was that we got a whole bunch of allies jumping off of it too..lol

My leg is still broken and my neck is still broken all my ribs are still shattered and my head has been snapped open from the knife laying on the floor from the last suicider that dropped it when he fell... that was fun tho... more stupid things i have done done a map with a knife while everyone else is a sniper hehhehe that was really painful...

PICKACHU GOT OWNED!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Chen Kenichi

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2004 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Azrael wrote:

LOL! I've done that.

The stupidest crap I occasionally do occurs while on a server that has team-kill on. I'll start out on Allies in Anzio and while everyone is running up the sand I'll give em all some nice bullets or grenades in the back solely for spam purposes. A little spam never did anyone any harm... Wrong. I end up slaying half my team and usually get hit by the banhammer. Doh! It takes me awhile to realize why my teammates are dying.
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2004 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oh ya, i know all about lil mistakes too, as well as the dreaded b/s kills! I was happy though i have been first overall in Kar kills

Longest Running Show in Broadway History 1/9/06
Shovel me Silly

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2004 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do a lot of dumb things in DOD. I chase people with the shovel too long. If I'm running and see no one i'll just take my shovel out for fun, but then someone comes around the corner and you are dead. Also I love to spam the chat after respawning and taking my shovel and constantly hack with it until I think I get to a hot zone. I have been killed a lot of times while doing this. The list goes on and on. On flash I love to be an mg and go prone on top of someone who is either sniping or being an mg. That is always hilarious.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Mr.Vomish

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2004 3:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes I have done so many stupid things and I always pay for them. For example, I take out my shovel and then I keep hitting the Q key to switch back to my primary weapon. I also scroll through my weapons while walking through a level. I usually find myself looking at an opponent with a shovel or grenade in my hand. Also, I frequently get impatient and sprint across maps. It helps me get to a destination faster but while I sprint my gun is put away so I end up dying there too. But my favorite death has to be priming a nade and then having someone cap the last flag. I have about 20 of those kind of suicide deaths. I wish this problem
never existed. Hopefully, it could be corrected.
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2004 3:17 pm    Post subject: Re: Anyone else do incredibly stupid things in DoD? Reply with quote

Ten Yard wrote:

ya i hear ya. ill come up behind someone and get ready to bayonette them then they turn around. instead of shooting em, i keep trying to run at them to bayonette. im so stoopid.
omgshovelyouinthebutt?

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2004 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trying to take the last flag, 3 seconds after the whole enemy team has just spawned......
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> Day of Defeat All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: