FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
TURN ON FF/ ON ESCAPE!!!!!
Goto page Previous  1, 2

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> Day of Defeat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
vTEC
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2004 1:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lol you guys are crazy...i PWN flash but only when im axis cause i dont have to face those MG42's...but anyways dont you just hate caen? that map is just too big...its a sniper fest...
Paddyjack

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2004 1:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Caen was fun when allies had regular weapons. Right now, you are faced with the choice of a long range kinda sniping weapon (enfield), a sniping weapon, a sucky chainsaw gun, and a sucky mg..... so you choose those sniping weapons and all you see is snipers all around. Gimme the choice of support infantry or thompson and axis are toast.

Rock2..... JUST SAY NO!!!!!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
shovelnose
Ville Supporter
Ville Supporter

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2004 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i agree, old caen was incredible....the new one is teh suXorz

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2004 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All this I started about shitty maps, I'll tell your a pretty cool map. Iam not even sure of the name now, however before steam it was called cr44.
I think. They changed it alittle but its pretty awsome. I am not sure if its a custom map or not. Question: does the ville use custom maps. (Now adays I don't know whats custom and whats not)
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2004 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i know i have a few custom maps installed on TV7. i dont have them on rotation, but when people want to play them, they just ask and i oblige. and then proceed to get schooled by them all (see sig).
Shovel me Silly

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2004 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't take escape out of the vote rotation. If it comes up to vote and if so many people hate it then no one will vote for it. I like playing escape. It gets frustrating playing allies, but if you are patient you won't get blasted by the mortar very often. Just wait for the mortar to end, then grab the tnt and run to the water. Once in the water then go as far off to the side as possible and you almost never get hurt.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Bright Red Nipples

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2004 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

n0g0d wrote:
Don't take escape out of the vote rotation. If it comes up to vote and if so many people hate it then no one will vote for it.

Most of the people voting for it are the people anticipating going axis. We lose far more people on that map then any other one in rotation. It is just way to one sided.

God Bless You Blue Ruler
Rebel_Rouser
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2004 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now wait just a minute, no one take flash away, that happens to be one of my favorite maps, and normally i can own on the map

Longest Running Show in Broadway History 1/9/06
Shovel me Silly

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2004 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I won't believe that until I see some actual statistics on that. There are plenty of spots available on the Ville when the map is on forest or charlie.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
dub

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2004 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really believe turning ff on will solve alot of the problem. It would prevent axis mgs from setting up on the other side of the allies bridge.
It would also prevent people from camping on that side. I just think would even out the sides and take away the axis advantage.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2004 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

n0g0d wrote:
I won't believe that until I see some actual statistics on that. There are plenty of spots available on the Ville when the map is on forest or charlie.

? what is this in response to ?

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2004 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is in response to this:

Quote:
Bright Red Nipples Posted: Wed Feb 11, 2004 6:59 pm Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

n0g0d wrote:
Don't take escape out of the vote rotation. If it comes up to vote and if so many people hate it then no one will vote for it.

Most of the people voting for it are the people anticipating going axis. We lose far more people on that map then any other one in rotation. It is just way to one sided.

Sorry, I have never used the Quote tag before.
Quote:
MSE

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2004 5:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like that map - it punishes campers, you gotta love that. If you're allies, its not that bad. Use the water to get out, not the bridge. Taking the cannons isn't usually that hard because there's a lot of routes and more importantly the nazis are usually too busy firing the things to notice anyone coming. Even if they are paying attention, the noise is so loud, they can't hear you coming. I've seen allies win that map many times.
JtH

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2004 7:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i dont really like flash or escape really. maybe thats just me.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2004 10:34 am    Post subject: escape Reply with quote

Personally, I think the mortars on escape are incredibly easy to avoid. You can always tell when they are incoming from the noise and you just wait inside a spawn house until they hit then sprint over the bridge. I play axis on that map alot, but that's just because I like when all the allies get mad at me because they don't seem to realize how easy it is to get out of spawn and they call me racial slurs. I've never had too much trouble winning on the allied team, it just seems that the large majority of allies camp at the bridge instead of attacking the nebelwurfers so they get smoked by them.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> Day of Defeat All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: