FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Desert Combat Update

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> General Ramblings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Psychotic

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2004 9:17 pm    Post subject: Desert Combat Update Reply with quote

For any of you BF players, DC just updated to .7

http://www.fileplanet.com/download.aspx?f=121935
SpeCies

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2004 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Downloading it now.. Maybe with this release some of the major bugs will be fixed
Psychotic

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2004 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Plays smoother, and the map load times are shorter!!

Oh, and they changed the sky on a few maps too. 73 Easting is now at dusk!
Gamepro65

PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2004 10:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is there not a patch from .6? I DONT WANT TO DL 500+ MEGS AGAIN! lol i just got the game installed like on monday and now i gotta dl again

Gamepro65

PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2004 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does anyone have a fast mirror? All i can get is filefront and i dl 3k/s from them.... Any help plz pm me.

Psychotic

PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2004 1:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My brother is trying to get it too, even Bit Torrent is slow.
SpeCies

PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2004 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well my connection bombed last night at fileplanet at an amazing 45kb a sec, just about all the mirrors are about the same.

I am downloading now using Bit Torrent

http://bf1942.lightcubed.com/forum/phptorrent.php
Gamepro65

PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2004 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been using bt for a while, and sence i changed form 2000 to XP it seams that my direct connect isnt working... It works sometimes but most of the time it just says u behind firewall open ports and i have any advice?

SpeCies

PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2004 10:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Disable XP's built-in firewall and go get the free version of Zone Alarm. During the setup choose the second option "No, alert me later when the Browser and these components need internet access".

Then pick under Alerts and Privacy "No, don't show Informational Alerts" to minimize the un-necessary alerts. (Programs will still be Logged).

This way when you choose an App like BTorrent it will ask you if you want to allow it, you have two choices !)Remember this always or just this session, the choice is yours.

Gamepro65 wrote:
I've been using bt for a while, and sence i changed form 2000 to XP it seams that my direct connect isnt working... It works sometimes but most of the time it just says u behind firewall open ports and i have any advice?

Gamepro65

PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2004 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks ill give it a try

im getting 66k/s from bt and i saw someone earlyer getting 1 meg i was like holy god...

after turning the xp network thing off it helpd for now so i hope it keeps workin ^^

Gamepro65

PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2004 10:34 pm    Post subject: NS Stats? Reply with quote

Could We Please Get NS Stats? I would love to see how i am doin ingame stats wise k/d and best weapon and so on. So please bring em back.

SpeCies

PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2004 10:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BT requires numerous connections if you expect any decent D/L Speeds, if you don't share that too will give you a crappy speed. At first I started at 50kb a sec and as the time went by with more seeders my speed increased up to 150k a sec.. Still it took me two hours to complete

Gamepro65 wrote:
thanks ill give it a try

im getting 66k/s from bt and i saw someone earlyer getting 1 meg i was like holy god...

after turning the xp network thing off it helpd for now so i hope it keeps workin ^^

OpTlk

PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2004 11:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hmm, maybe i'll dust off my BF'42 and install DC again. had it when it first came out, but found the online play for both versions horrible(so many obvoius cheats and connection probs) but it sounds like their actually putting some effort into making this a stable mod. what are some decent servers that you guys play on?? names or ips would be great.

http://www.myspace.com/pvallone
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> General Ramblings All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: