FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
No HL2 until Summer !!!!!

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> General Ramblings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
John Doe
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2004 12:57 pm    Post subject: No HL2 until Summer !!!!! Reply with quote

http://money.cnn.com/2004/02/02/commentary/game_over/column_gaming/

No HL2 Until Summer:
While no real concrete date has been set, Valve has now publicly stated “Summer” as a target release date. Valve will be showing the game again at E3 this year, so you can bet it won’t be on the store shelves any time before that ( May 2004 ). If this news pisses you off, blame the scumbags that snaked the source code.

While still shying away from giving a firm date, Doug Lombardi, Valve's director of marketing, told me the company "is currently targeting this summer for the completion of Half-Life 2". Valve does not plan to reveal any additional information until the time surrounding the E3 trade show, where the game will once again be shown this year. E3 will be held in Los Angeles May 12-14.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2004 1:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm pretty damn sure that the code theft itself isnt the reason for the delay. Maybe making it a little longer, but its just a convenient excuse for them to use. More like thank Valve for the delay and the wonderful Steam program.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Robert E. Lee

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2004 1:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been around "Half-Life" since early 1999 and Valve is rarely on time with anything. Even the first intial release of TFC was delayed. Patches after patches - delayed. So this really isn't shocking if you look a there track record.

TFC 2 was suppose to be released in the summer on 99'. Where is that?

Anyone remember Powerplay?
http://www.planetfortress.com/schtick/powerplay.shtml
Ville Supporter
Ville Supporter

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2004 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Damn. They delayed it yet again...

The Official TVR Website

Fopp
Song of the Week
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Chan

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2004 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The info i get from gamestop says june.

Also, HL2 for xbox is still sceudualed to be realesed the same day as planned for that. and same with doom 3 for xbox.
Diplomat

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2004 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

if you think about it, it makes more sense for them to release HL2 in the summer when most kids would be able to 1) buy it 2) play it. It will make a lot of money no matter when it is released but it will make more if it is released in either late may or early summer.

Powder
Gamepro65

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2004 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why the hell does everyone blame the damn anon "hacker". He did what? tied valves hands up for 1 month at most. They are just making some BS excuses to delay because they are idots that cant put anything out ontime. This technique i like to call the Teacher technique. They find the worst person (in teacher case)/reason and keep blaming that for whatever bad goes wrong (yes this technique happns to me alot. They are just trying to cover up what they dont have. Everyone knows E3 has had a working demo for a while and well if they have a demo the game has to be atleast over 50% done its just stupid that they keep delaying whats already done. All they really needed were maps and sounds cuz it seemd most of the physics are in the engine it just makes no sence.

Bada Bing

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2004 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

{db}Blown65 wrote:
I'm pretty damn sure that the code theft itself isnt the reason for the delay. Maybe making it a little longer, but its just a convenient excuse for them to use. More like thank Valve for the delay and the wonderful Steam program.

Well put man

Are you threatening me ???
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
`RaphX

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2004 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll be first in line when it's out at my nearest store. In August 2005.
(+)ASSASSIN(+)

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2004 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ill pick it up on my way home from watching Episode III
Albino Gibbon

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2004 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you ever read the [H]ardforums, they are all blaming it on Nvidia and there clout to make the game run on their hardware, like it does on the ATI. Not sure to believe this, but it makes more sense to me. By then, the next generatoin GPU's will be out and Nvidia stands a better chance to sell their cards, because of that certain game. If it doesn't run HL2 or Doom3 well, then you can imagine how much loss there will be to their company. I don't blame it on the source code theft either anyways.
Gamepro65

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2004 7:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well put albino Also doom3 is made to run off the glide 2.x dll file which Nvidia doesnt even support. Notice Nvidia has nothing that ATI has, ATI FOREVER!

Blown

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2004 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ya, Ive heard the nvidia thing, but youll never hear valve or nvidia say anything about it. Wouldnt put it past them though.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Bright Red Nipples

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2004 12:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm sure nvidea's sales have already been affected by this. All my cards have always been nnidea, when I heard about the support I went and bought an ati. Makes no difference to me what card I have as long as I don't have issues with it.

God Bless You Blue Ruler
Blown

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2004 12:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bright Red Nipples wrote:
I'm sure nvidea's sales have already been affected by this. All my cards have always been nnidea, when I heard about the support I went and bought an ati. Makes no difference to me what card I have as long as I don't have issues with it.

Even though its very small ATI took over second spot from Nvidia in market share.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> General Ramblings All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: