FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
NO MORE BOTS!!!!!! AHHHHHH
Goto page 1, 2  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> General Ramblings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gunner

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2004 6:37 pm    Post subject: NO MORE BOTS!!!!!! AHHHHHH Reply with quote

yes yes we all know bots are easy kills. but they are soo boring. y are they allowed on theville servers??
-Eric
Albino Gibbon

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2004 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bots usually bring in human players to servers because it shows that the server isn't empty. After awhile people start showing up and the bots drop accordingly. They are a aimbottin pain at times, but it helps in the long run.
Vulcan

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2004 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Albino Gibbon wrote:
Bots usually bring in human players to servers because it shows that the server isn't empty. After awhile people start showing up and the bots drop accordingly. They are a aimbottin pain at times, but it helps in the long run.

Bots probably drive more people off then they bring in now.
Blown

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2004 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lmfao, riight. Thats why the avantiville server is sooooo busy. Oh, and that would explain why TV5 sat empty so often, to only now start seeing ppl play.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
SilverOne
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2004 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vulcan wrote:

Bots probably drive more people off then they bring in now.

No Trust me, they don't. Let me explain.

The bots only enter the server when the player count falls 10 or lower so the chances you will see them are very very slim on tv1, 4 and 5. If there are more than 10 real players bots won't appear.

A few bots will join on map change and leave once all the players transfer to a new map. Maybe a minute or so. This is because when a map starts the server is empty for a few moments, then the bot program catches up and kicks the bots.

The only real time you may see them in full action is the early am hours. We use them to draw players to the server when the numbers drop.

A long time ago, TV4 was the first here to try the DoD bot.. I got fusterated doing all this work and my server would only have players in the evening. I wanted our servers to be full.. ALL the time.. So.. one day I put the bots on.. and ever since tv4 has players 24 hours a day. I can turn the server off, do some work.. turn it back on and have 26 players again within a half hour. That makes me feel great!

TV1 once it moved to steam had similar issues. Danno and Merf popped some bots on there when it gets low and now its full all the time.

A couple weeks ago, Warhammer put the same bot config on tv5. It was DEAD. Nobody was using the server at all. One morning he decided to add some bots on and now.. its doing great.

I've thought of taking them off one day to see if possibly tv4 is strong enough to hold players around the clock. Maybe one of these days i'll test it. If I go to work in the morning on a weekday and see it still with players on.. I'll be glad to remove the bots.

Check this out guys

Our servers are doing very well..
http://www.serverspy.net/site/serverranks/index.html?g=0&ty=dod&country=US&sname=theville.org&Submit=Show+Servers

In 28 days this month we have pulled in 16,548 unique steam id's for DoD alone. To me.. that is amazing.

3184 for TS and 2200 for TFC .. im curious what the Sven servers are pulling since they are ranked #1. Over 20,000 players a month for all the mods combined.

"STOP FLAPPIN' THE YAP AND WATCH THE LANGUAGE" ~Blue Ruler
"Silver is Cheezylicious" ~MErf
Blown

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2004 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well said Silver. TFC has its own issues, since there are hardly anyone playing that mod anymore. You just cant expect TFC servers to do good when there are 750 or so servers and only about 1200 real ppl playing. Thats just terrible odds. 1200 being a high number at that.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Bright Red Nipples

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2004 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I won't bother quoting you but I will just say, well said Silver.

The bots are more prevalent on TFC because the mod just doesn't have as many peeps joining. DOD is still growing, although not as fast as it was, so the servers get a lot more use. I never see the bots because the servers are always full.

God Bless You Blue Ruler
Simpleman
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2004 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only time I see bots is around 3am pst. other than that there is usually atleast 10-12 peeps in the servers at all times.
Violent Pacifist

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2004 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just my opinion, but I never join a server with bots on it. They completely ruin the game for me. Bots are actually one of the reasons I stopped pubbing on TFC. Everywhere I went there were bots. Nearly every time I checked the ville servers, there were bots. When there weren't any bots on the servers, then there were only enough people to keep them off. One or two would leave, and voila! Bots began to show up.

We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams.

Last edited by Violent Pacifist on Wed Jan 28, 2004 9:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
Potato-VS-

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2004 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yea bots are great... I love how they even up the teams - some players even have a hard time killing them (pack mentality rocks).
Speaker's Xeno

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2004 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Albino Gibbon wrote:

albino something about ur sig tells me u might have some negative feelings on girls and they might have some killer instincts about u...hmmm

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Violent Pacifist

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2004 9:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Potato-VS- wrote:
Yea bots are great... I love how they even up the teams - some players even have a hard time killing them (pack mentality rocks).

I've sometimes had a hard time killing them. They're a bunch of little cheating ******* Snipers shoot me not even a second after I pass a wall, HW's hit me with every single shot, meds and soldiers shotguns never miss, they always seem to know where you are......its like trying to beat an extreme hacker with bad motor skills.

Vulcan

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2004 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Violent Pacifist wrote:
Just my opinion, but I never join a server with bots on it. They completely ruin the game for me. Bots are actually one of the reasons I stopped pubbing on TFC. Everywhere I went there were bots. Nearly every time I checked the ville servers, there were bots. When there weren't any bots on the servers, then there were only enough people to keep them off. One or two would leave, and voila! Bots began to show up.

Exactly the reason I haven't been on much lately myself.
Potato-VS-

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2004 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Violent Pacifist wrote:
Potato-VS- wrote:

I've sometimes had a hard time killing them. They're a bunch of little cheating ******* Snipers shoot me not even a second after I pass a wall, HW's hit me with every single shot, meds and soldiers shotguns never miss, they always seem to know where you are......its like trying to beat an extreme hacker with bad motor skills.

Thats the best part really. If you can beat a fully armoured and full health HW bot then you can beat almost anything if you set your mind to it.
Violent Pacifist

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2004 10:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Potato-VS- wrote:
Violent Pacifist wrote:
Potato-VS- wrote:

Thats the best part really. If you can beat a fully armoured and full health HW bot then you can beat almost anything if you set your mind to it.

Not really, but okay, we'll go with that anyway..

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> General Ramblings All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: